Secret Duck Level

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Loran, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Faelynn Active Member

I will give ONE tiny bit of info for those that ARE fortunate enough to find their way in though: take evac off your bar or something, as it will take you back outside to Thalumbra, and you will not be finding your way back in. Was glad I waited for AFTER clearing the zone before testing this :D
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

Shhh. :D
    Seefar likes this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I did find a weird line of code - "if name = errorr then no awesomeduckzone"
    Juraiya, Kittybock, Prissetta and 8 others like this.
  4. Tabri Well-Known Member

The Devs have raiders running around looking for this zone or chests now instead of wanting raid gear.
    Prissetta, Anunnaki, Chimeron and 3 others like this.
  5. Anastaise Active Member

It seems kind of crazy to have a zone-wide message if the duck-zone is "attuned" to a specific person when it spawns. That just seems like cruel and unusual punishment for all the people who hunt for/find the portal yet can't use it. If it truly is attuned to one person, it would make more sense if that person received the message rather than everyone in zone.
    Juraiya, Seefar and Febrith like this.
  6. kluxor Well-Known Member

I don't think the portal is necessarily attuned to one person, just that once a player hops in the portal no one else can follow. The portal pops much like a treasure chest on a kill.

Regarding why there's a message, most likely so someone can't sell zoning rights since everyone will be searching for it
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

SEE!? He does know coding! FIX THE SERVERS!
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

You must be patient!
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I tried to spawn it, no go. So I decided to run my baby illy through the sig line and she kills a mob in glittervein mine, up pops a portal.. figures it spawns on my alt :eek:

She does like her pointy hat though!
    Nirornor likes this.
  10. Laiina Well-Known Member

Is this the successor to the Secret Cow Level?
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I can't even describe how true I believe this is.
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

Think that was directed at me. I made his list long time ago lol. I never should have made fun of those duck mounts.
    Jaden likes this.
  13. Terrius Well-Known Member

I can't tell if this is a real thing or not... Did Ttobey invoke a mass hallucination with all those tentacles he animated?

I shall sit upon my majestic midnight waterfowl and murder countless innocent creatures in Thalumbra in the hopes that this mythical duck zone exists.

I feel screenshots are needed!
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Koko Well-Known Member

Confirmed method.
    Prissetta, Wirewhisker and Jaden like this.
  15. Blambil Active Member

Better than getting stuck in the Cat Room in EQ1.... :)

[IMG]
    Wirewhisker and Jaden like this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Best

Zone

Ever.

<3 it so much.
    Juraiya and Kalderon like this.
  17. grlgeek72 New Member

I've got to say that the duck zone is going to be my favorite moment ever in EQ2, My poor guildies got an ear full of me screaming that I was in the duck zone. <3 Guildies for not killing me. All I can say is thank you a million times, it is amazing.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

People will complain about it's loot i'm sure, but generally it was just a very very fun zone. Lots of laughs were had, and it's worth the time I spent looking for it :)
    Juraiya and Prissetta like this.
  19. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

You have all got to be f***ing kidding me? This is about as lame as it can get! Mythical helmets dropping from RNG solo zones, created as a joke yet offers OP stuff.

Grind keys for chests is way more profitable then grinding heroics.

Heroic nameds that die in 1min to grps who just finished sigline.

Advanced solo bosses die in 3-6sec to solo geared dps toons.

What is going on with Everquest2???

Spongebob squarepants as OP x4 Contested next!
    Wirewhisker, Kraeref and Chimeron like this.
  20. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I feel bad for all them top raidguilds who will probably pack up and leave this xpac, even heroic players. Why wouldn't they/we after purchasing something we expected to be an EQ2 expansion only to learn it was something else entirely!
    Chimeron likes this.