Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but then I'm not very good with puzzles either. :D
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

images from left to right south pole, north star, sundown, sun rise. since I can't use letters, I had to figure out something as a pictograph that people might recognize to represent the cardinal compass points. south, north, west and east.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, excellent! So my second theory was correct, but the North/South thing puzzled me. Very clever! :)

Uwk
    Merriel, Ocarinah and Rawl like this.
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

I'm hoping people know what those 4 things are on a real weather vane, so they can guess at what the symbols are suppose to mean. :)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, there is that...not sure how many folks nowadays even know what they are. :-/

On the other hand, we do have a lot of folks that remember the 20th century, at least a little, so it's possible. ;->

For those folks 15 years and younger...

This is a weather vane, a fairly fancy one, with a wind speed indicator as well as a wind direction one. It works by having the arrow and/or the top thingee catch the wind; the arrow points to the direction the wind is going to, and the compass points (S-E-N-W here) indicate where the wind is coming from (correct me if I'm wrong, Rawl; it is quarter to 3 am after Turkey Day):
    [IMG]

Another variation; I'm guessing the rest of those thingees spin, turn, etc.:
    [IMG]

A very cute one (one of my personal faves):
    [IMG]

Who here remembers Mary Poppins?:
    [IMG]

As you can see, these can get quite fancy (seriously; Google "weathervane" or "weather vane" and look at the images you get! :)), and were used by our ancestors before the Weather Channel was available. ;)

Uwk
    Merriel and Ocarinah like this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hmm I thought the dragon on top would be more of a cut out design like the lamps you made not just an image.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

I only put that there as a filler. I am actually going to have to substantially redo the shapes to make it suitable for viewing from a long distance.
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

I like the bats and moon one the best too :) I wonder whether they'd let me use letters for the directions, since they are universal symbols for directions, and don't need translation. That certainly would make it more straightforward.

Like I posted in another reply, I'm going to redo the shapes to make them more recognizable at a longer distance.
  9. Rawl Well-Known Member

use your mouse wheel and scroll up and down with the picture above in view and see what happens :)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I get Cloverfield flashbacks! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

I am redoing the original shapes for the weather vane. I decided to go with a duck, since it is unusual and some people like the duck mounts. So here is a progress image. I also made the boxes where the compass headings will go bigger so you can see them better once it is on top of a roof. They will also have transparent area around whatever I decided to put on those, just like around the duck (which is also a square mesh shape.)
    [IMG]
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Love the duck vane! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! They had things similar to that in some of the images I saw online for weather vanes. Flying critters in general were popular choices. ;->

I hope the Powers do make it so it can spin around! :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted this: Ducky Weather Vane to Player Studio:
    (Unless they will make an exception for just this item, it is likely to be declined due to containing alphabet characters in it. I asked that they make an exception in this case.)
    [IMG]
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

That would be pretty awesome, if they would. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is a pedestal sundial I am working on. the dial will be metal while the pedestal will be granite or marble.
    [IMG]
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Given that we have day/night cycles in Norrath and in quite a few of our prestige houses, this should work well with the shadows! One only wonders what it would look like in those places that don't have a moving light source like the sun... ;->

"Dude! Looks like your clock stopped!" ;->

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

I was wondering if one of you all might be willing to make a 'ceiling fountain', something like in this image:

[IMG]

What I'd like is a fountain that attaches to the ceiling, it can be fancier than this or something very simple, and a request made that water flows down out of the fountain. What I would not want is the reservoir at the bottom to be attached to the ceiling fountain, though you could make a reservoir as well, and ask them to sell it as a bundled set or individually. The base of the ceiling fountain and the base of the reservoir would match in shape and design.

And if they say this technology would not have existed, well, technically it has existed as long as we've had waterfalls, and it would just take sentient technology to learn how to divert the waterfall's flowing water down through their ceiling, giving them 'running water' quite naturally, similar to the Roman aqueducts (or Qeynosian aqueducts, even). ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

Water and reflections in mirrors, and other particle effects aren't something we Player Studio artists can submit. Those are effects the staff adds to items, therefore if you want something like this, you need to go directly to the art department people and ask them. As far as the fixtures you want, it doesn't appear there is much for us to create. if they (staff) just provided a water fall separate from a banner or whatever, that would probably serve your purposes, and you could use stuff already in game to represent the faucet and sink/pool parts.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

love this! On the roofs, stairs n' such, I love it when folks mention that they've used in a build, so I can come check out the scale.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.