Essence of flame/frost/mind/ ecc ecc

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ansom, Dec 7, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

new fabled zones? i said aom - why not state which ones will take the essences and which won't instead of fishing for zones that won't when i clearly stated aom. none of my weapons will take it- not even legendary ones. but my friend managed to get it to say it will take his only it kept saying it failed and kept taking his plat until he had no more plat on him.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Uhm.. how are you using the damage changers? They don't take plat. They work like gems on gear.. you 'use' it on the weapon. It has nothing to do with reforging
  3. suka Well-Known Member

that's what i told him but it emptied his plat. he chose infuse. and it took all of his plat. he finally gave up. it took between 20 to 30 plat each time and he finally told it he wasn't paying anymore. i am urging him to petition it. oh and he chose a visionary mastercrafted weapon. no reason for it not to work
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ah, infusing is the new system for making items 'better' by throwing plat at them and hoping or using infuser items on them.
    Changing damage type has nothing to do with infusing.
  5. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Except of course that the new item to change damage type is itself called an Infuser. ;)

I know the difference, you know the difference - but I can't be overly surprised that someone who doesn't keep up on every forum post might not know the difference.

You see a Firey Infuser, you see an Infuse button, you might think they were related.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

except this is not supposed to be the same thing. it was an essence of flame. i did mine, finally, on a hand crafted weapon. not sure why it wouldn't work on the others. i got a simple "use" as an option and it brought up a window telling me my weapon would be "destroyed" not infused. that is how it is supposed to work. there was no plat taken. why he experienced it as an infusion is beyond me. and why it took plat from him is also beyond my understanding. seems something really buggy about his experience.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he tried to use the new infusion system and didn't just 'use' the item on his weapon.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

that's the thing though. there shouldn't have been any "infuse" as an option. there should only have been "use". so there should have been no mistaking on the item at all. the fact that there even was an "infuse" points to some kind of bug. my window only showed a "use" or "examine" - not infuse
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

You're assuming he tried to right-click use the item. Since there is absolutely NO WAY for plat to be consumed with that, and you/he said that it kept taking his plat and not doing anything, it sounds exactly like the new diety/plat infusion system.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

i asked him. he assured me he was right-clicking. and i am about to email this thread to him and ask him to come explain what happened

btw, i made the essence of flame and gave it to him so i know for sure what he was working with
  11. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hi suka...one thing to confirm is that he was right-clicking on the Essence and not the piece he intended to add it to (if you right-click on non-equipped ToT gear, "Infuse" is part of the menu now and brings up the infusion/deity window, so that could have been part of the trouble).

(For what it's worth, I've successfully added the Essence of Disease to a ToT weapon, using the "right-click on essence, then select un-equipped item to add it to" method. I don't have any essences to try it again right now, but if I get any, I'll see if I can replicate his experience.)
  12. suka Well-Known Member

he was using a visionary mastercrafted aom item. it shouldn't have had "infuse" anywhere on it. he kept trying until he ran out of plat. it might also help to know he was standing in his guild hall while trying to do it. this seems like a bug to me, but i am wondering if he is the only person to experience it.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Aye.
    When I had the essence, expecting I wanted to "infuse" this into a Mastercrafted Legendary Glittervein Sword, the right-click/Infuse brought up a separate window with the target weapon on the left, and an empty spot on the right, & a circular field in the center.
    the essence was on my mouse, I attempted to click the fields, which I later noticed each click drew coin from me, and I then noticed after a few clicks the error message in the chat window, NOT the current window on top, that "the infusion failed but some power went into the weapon" yet nothing was different about the weapon.
    -shrug-

I then attempted to right-click and Use the essence on the Mastercrafted Legendary Glittervein Sword, which did error; However, a plain Mastercrafted Xiocite Longsword of the Windjammer finally accepted the infusion, which the *ONLY* change was that it just placed the word "Heat" after the damage range and before the (rating)
    no additional effects, no appearance, no more damage, no change in rating, no procs, just the word "heat."
  14. suka Well-Known Member

that is the problem. see he didn't have the new item, he had the visionary xiocite item. it acted like the glittervein. but it was an xiocite item. he didn't want the new item because the damage and other stats were lower and the older ones had better. and we don't have my weaponsmith done with the new tradeskill line yet so i haven't made one for him.

i don't understand why it acted like a glittervein when it was an xiocite. really confuses me. which is why i asked if anyone else experienced it.
  15. Ynnek Well-Known Member

While in no way intuitive from the end user point of view, that all makes sense from a mechanics point of view.

You attempted to apply an AoM damage type changer to a ToT weapon, and it would not go on. In an attempt to figure out how this worked, you right clicked the ToT weapon, selected Infuse, and came to the ToT infusing deity window. If you click in that window, you'll spend plat for a chance to upgrade the stats on the weapon.

You then successfully used the AoM damage type changer on an AoM weapon.

In no way am I defending the UI layout, or the seemingly conflicting messages that led to your confusion. But from a mechanics point of view, the chain of events makes sense.

(Although you probably shouldn't be able to rightclick -> infuse, while in the middle of a exchange item attempt with a blue/red cursor. That, err, flexibility in the client, led to some of your confusion.)
  16. suka Well-Known Member

did you intentionally misunderstand me? how on earth is an xiocite weapon possibly a tot weapon????? it makes no sense to me that i state something clearly and people insist that i said something totally different. no, you totally misunderstand everything. this wasn't me. i had no problem putting it on my weapon. which was a visionary xiocite forerunner weapon. but he had the EXACT SAME WEAPON-- my friend did - and HE is having problems because it acts like a tot weapon when it is an aom weapon.

we didn't even have ANY tot weapons. so no, your "sequence of events" did not happen and makes no sense to this problem at all.
  17. Ynnek Well-Known Member

My response was to Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, and the series of events he clearly expressed, with details, which was consistent with game mechanics.

Edit: Ok, I have no reread the thread, looking at your posts specifically. All I was able to piece together is that your tried to use an essence of flame on a RC weapon, which won't work. And your friend had problems and it ate all his plat which made no sense, but then came and told his story with details, and now what he reported makes perfect sense.

If you think there is any outstanding mystery, you're going to have to state clearly and specifically, I tried to use a XXX on a YYY, and it did ZZZ.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

ahh-- kk- i didn't see ceya's post. and was not aware that he even had a tot weapon. my apologies and mystery solved. i am glad ceya came in and explained it.
  19. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

This is how infusing works in the new system. Many (if not all) of the dropped infusion material has a percentage chance to gain power from infusing. It is not guaranteed. You still, however, pay plat even if the infusion fails to take.

This is how the essences worked on AoM weapons. They are meant to change the damage type of certain weapons to take advantage of debuffs on mobs. So, the weapon damage may not change on the weapon itself, if a mob has its elemental resists debuffed, the weapon will do more damage (assuming it is an elemental essence)

So, an old thread was necro'd and a lot of confusion added because you didn't pay attention to what your friend/guildmate had told you? Maybe have Ceya post here themselves the next time he/she encounters a problem.