EQ2 Maps - not working right

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Guiscard, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Guiscard Active Member

It used to be when you did the adventure writs - eg2 maps had the area where the mobs were located marked in blue.

ALso when you had a quest - the area of the question was market in blue.

What happened to those hints - Did Daybreak may EQ2 Maps remove them.
    I must say I am like this game a lot less since SOE sold it.
  2. Jaden Well-Known Member

Yep, got changed...gotta explore now.
  3. Guiscard Active Member

What a piece of _)_)*&^%% When did they do that - definitely NOT fun. As I said I am liking this game less and less since SOE sold it.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

EQ2 WIki is still your friend :D
    Kalderon likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

The blue quest markers are gone. The EQ2 team want us to have to look for quest updates.

If you are talking about the EQ2MAP plugin, they did not have a Thalumbra map until a few days after the expansion so it has been slow to get updates but people have posted hundreds of POIs to it.
    Jaden likes this.
  6. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Light blue areas and big blue dots were not EQ2Maps provided, they were actually quest markers provided by the game itself.

And yes, the game has stopped providing them on new quests (except for the ones that reused existing quest areas).

Improved Immersive Experience? Or they fired the one guy that new how to make them? Believe what you will either way...
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are SOME blue marks. A certain portion of the population likes the challenge of exploring. For those who do not, lots of us worked hard on the wiki, and on EQ2Maps.

Right now, as people do more heroics and learn the strats, the data for those is being fleshed out on the wiki.
    Jaden likes this.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Starts still not published on many instances ... I just learn today from this forum how to deal with X-Archmech spider :) ... he refused to die from my single FC chain (down to about 30%) and after that I was not able finish him off...
  9. Guiscard Active Member

But if you to an adventure writ in the Phantom Sea, which I have done writs before, I find the area for the MOBS no longer marked - even worse I can't find the darn writ in my quest log. So I have to write down on a piece of paper the names of the mobs for the writ.

I call this 2 steps backward in quest design. The game is a lot less fun since Daybreak took over.
    Kalderon likes this.
  10. ruthless619 Member

You mean
    OMG you mean you actually have to look for stuff?

Talk about WoW generation....
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

That wasn't eq2maps that put in the blue zone area marking. It was the game. And yes, they decided to make you look for stuff again.

Not sure if eq2maps can do something like that. If it can support that I'm sure someone will do the mapping.
  12. Adevil Well-Known Member

The never were other than when players volunteered what they figured out. You, too, can write strats for others, since things can vary dramatically according to class.
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

You may be able to blame TLE for that. So many things with TLE and normal servers are linked. They removed the blue dots completely for TLE...bet that impacted them on live. When was the last time you saw blue dots for quests?

Edit: Oh, and...having to actually explore in a massive world isn't fun? I love exploring. Often do look up wikia to see what the heck the thing I'm searching for LOOKS like, but that's another matter entirely. TY to those who put screenshots up on the wikia.
  14. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

IMO, it was a lazy decision to not include them. For one, it just inconveniences those who prefer them and those players will just use other resources to get the same result (just in a more inconvenient way). Secondly, the feature was able to be turned off, and therefore those players who wish not to use the blue quest markers could turn it off (better yet, have that feature off by default and make players turn it on). Finally, it just continues SOE's legacy of inconsistency. Implement a feature, but only implement it part way, but then years later let's just stop using it. How much do you want to bet it'll be back in the future? How silly, just implement the feature fully and be done with it. Most every MMO out today has a similar feature. I think this was just the devs being lazy and making an excuse. I guess the "Play Your Way" motto is deceased.
    Guiscard, ShaggyBodom, Wurm and 3 others like this.
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

What I'm wondering is if the ones that existed vanished. They were disabled for TLE...did that bleed over to live?
    Guiscard likes this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

They have not removed any existing blue blobs and dots.
    Adevil likes this.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

In that case, since the lead-the-player by the nose thing to blue areas isn't even 5 years old yet...shouldn't be a huge deal to have it discontinued. Heck, they didn't even get around to updating a lot of old zones to include it, just the golden path zones (I think) got it.
  18. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I could actualy life with that one, but no marks over npcs in the city, is kinda :rolleyes:
    Guiscard likes this.
  19. Taysa Well-Known Member

Play Your Way went out the window when Georgeson moved over fully to EQN and Windstalker took over this game. Now it's "Play Holly's Way. Shut Up If You Don't Like It."
    Guiscard likes this.
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

Be honest. Play your way was Pay your way...marketing spin got introducing F2P only. Bet the devs would like to use the marketer who came up with THAT phrase as target in some zone.

The unfortunate thing is that it keeps getting hauled up and dusted off in reference to things that "I can't DO this, gimme my way, make it easier" so I can PLAY MY WAY, when it never had a thing to do with the content of the game in the first place.

Edit: Didn't Georgeson get fired?