Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! :D

+1!

Uwk
    who's willing to chip in $30 for the sake of the two Silver accounts for a month, but who certainly won't say no at all to really "free"! :)
  2. Krishtah New Member

3. Alaine New Member

Is there anyway for the Free to Play accounts to take advantage of the free transfer week? I have an old Free to Play account with 4 characters I want to transfer to MajDul. Can I buy a subscription now for my Free to Play account to take advantage of the free transfer week?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Csipi Active Member

Yes. If you read the edit on the 1st post it says that they are relaxing the rules on transfers for this event. So you do not have to have subbed for a month prior, you can sub now and be qualified. It just cannot be on an account that is less than 30 days old.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, hallelujah! I hope you're right! :D

Uwk
    now dashing off to make good on the $15/account promise... :D

EDIT: Okay, I just got a Krono for one of the accounts, since once I transfer the characters over and do some juggling, I won't have any further need for that account, so I figured I'd go for that. Before I spend any more money, will Kronos count for the exception? :-/
  6. Eradani Well-Known Member

they count as all-access enough to play on TLE so they should be good enough for this But aren't kronos more expensive than a 1-month sub?
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

I think I'd want clarification before spending that Krono. Not safe to assume anything with DBG, lol. I really think you should actually wait for further clarification on the AllAccess subscription, personally, before even putting the funds into those accounts, as I still think it would be foolish of them to continue with this requirement, since they did not specify it in the original FAQ and did make it sound as if even F2P accounts would qualify for the transfer. As you stated, this is a holiday weekend, so further clarification might be held up until Monday or Tuesday.
    Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. mouser Well-Known Member

I read that as relaxing the 2 toons per day thing.

I'd wait for official clarification on the All-access age requirement. Not much going to happen till Monday anyway.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, $17.99, but I made that decision when I was on the "Buy stuff now!" page...the $14.99 price is for a recurring sub; they would automatically take it out of my payment method, and I'd have to be sharp about jumping in there and cancelling after I transferred everyone. :-/

On the other hand, if the Krono doesn't work and that's my only option, so be it; just wish I hadn't impulse-bought before thinking about this. :-/

I should know tonight; they were going to look over everything before sending it to me. ;->

Uwk

EDIT: Ah, there it is! On the bottom of my character sheet...I activated it, but I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet re: a transfer token. It may be too soon to tell; I just hope it's automatic when the change in my account status is noticed by the Powers' computers. ;-> --U.
    Merriel likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'oh, of course it's too soon to tell; it's not Dec. 3rd yet... X-P

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  11. Revel Well-Known Member

So I just came back to the game after many years away. My original server is AB but before I stopped I moved my Brig to Butcherblock (Now Maj'Dul) to play with friends there. When I returned right before the expansion hit, I got 14 days of All Access free as a returning player. My questions are these. I am guessing, based on the first post's relaxed rules that when I move to sub on the 1st when the free 14 days runs out, I am eligible to receive a free transfer on the 3rd to consolidate toons?

What is server population like? I'd obviously like to consolidate onto the server with the best population for more chances for grouping/raiding when I eventually reach the caps and gear up for current content. As no one from my old 100 person long friends list has ever logged in for the 10 days I've been back, I hold no loyalty to a specific server.
  12. Kaarkula Active Member

Well if people do have the ability to xfer of AB for free... if... I really am not sure why.

I've been watching the server populations for the past few days.

Like currently (sat 7 central) AB, skyfire, and Maj all show full up on server population list.

There hasn't been once that I've looked where AB wasn't top #1, #2 or #3 on server population.
  13. Optimist Member

Does this include more than 2 transfers per 24hrs? As some of us really do have 80+ characters and intend to move them.
  14. Revel Well-Known Member

On one account? I know I haven't played in awhile but that seems mind boggling to me.
  15. Optimist Member

Yes, I am an altaholic big time. I love making a lot of different characters and I love the variety!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I thought I was impressive at 64 in one account... ;->

And the only ones I feel the need to move from server to server are 4 li'l Silvers between Maj'Dul and Skyfire. ;->

Uwk
  17. Optimist Member

I hear ya, that would be nice to move some Silver ones over.
    Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The 1 week usage on these is total bologna. We should be given the token to use 'whenever' on down the road.

It's too soon to even know what our server is like after merges and an expac. until everything 'settles' out there is just no way of knowing if it is worth losing guild hall, levels, etc on a maybe until we know if the merged pop is gonna hang around.

This 1 week thing is just not enough time.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I am in agreement with you for once (scary!)
    With so short notice about only members being able to transfer, they should make the tokens good through the end of December. This gives free players time to work in a subscription and all players to make careful decisions since it is a one-way move and guild tags and names don't move and neither do the halls and the contents.
    you quoted the thread and it clearly states: You can move more than two characters per day. An account will be able to move up to 100 characters.
    Read that more slowly and you can answer your own question:p
  20. Badhealer Active Member

So if I upgrade one of my silver accounts for a month to all access, will it be a silver account again after the all-access ends?