Guardian Stats & gear

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Relynce, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Relynce New Member

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I am a returning player since the beginning of EQ2 a previous EQ1. I really want to focus a lot of my energy towards the Guardian class and I need some help knowing exactly what part of the stats that I need to focus on primarily top five in a numerical order of importance.

For example, does block percentage really mean anything of importance to a guardian or should I focus just strictly on mitigation, sta & str only? I definitely need to understand what each that means and how it affects each class, does flurry mean a lot to a guardian when it comes to getting the most you can out of the Guardian abilities?

With the new expansion ToT, what adornments green purple everything would best work with a guardian? I have looked around the forums and it I just haven't seen a really good post regarding what a guardian should focus primarily on.

Any positive advice would be great.
  2. Smite Active Member

As a returning player your first stop should be the EQ2i wiki on stat caps.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Cap
    _ _ _

The second place should be your local broker to purchase mastercrafted ToT plate (+health/+mit when possible), and other slots as necessary. I personally went for the AOE proc items instead of single target.

Turn in your loyalty coins to the NPC in your city for 500p per 5 if you haven't. For Freeport it's the NPC's to the left of the banker on the Docks (Tavern side). For Qeynos (Harbor) you walk past Mr. Cruchies' building on the dock (left) and through the arch area then hook right and see two NPC's under a little tent.

Reforge in a major city based on those caps. For Freeport it's the Dock/Broker area mendor spot over on the tavern side. For Qeynos it's the building to the right of the Bank in the Harbor.

Don't forget Guardians have a class spell that converts AOE AT into flurry so I just usually aim for 100% AOE AT and toggle 100% flurry on/off depending on whether there's one mob or many.
    _ _ _

You should get your hotbars straight and systematically update everything you can to expert or master depending on the price on your server. Don't forget some of the class spells don't have recent teir replacements. Also, if you're not Gold/Member you can't keep Grandmasters as they auto-degrade until you krono/sub again.
    _ _ _

You'll also want to get your class ability and then convert it off the weapon into a spell/ability if you left before that came into the game.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_Epic_Weapon_Timeline

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Epic_Conversion_Timeline

_ _ _

If you don't have EQ2map you should probably get it working. And the ACT program. I use stock UI so I can't give advice on anything other than spending time getting the maintained, target, group portraits, aggro meter, F11 window, etc. on UI to your liking. The autoattack timer window is also quite useful.

As for green adorns, ToT ones seem to be in the 2K plat range which is out of reach for me so I just kept last years. Green Adorns are hard to cherry pick in the search on the broker but browse/inspect/move sliders to find the +mit or whatever strikes your long term goals.

You should probably also do the AoM Signature Line because you get an ability to remove adorns without destroying them or the item. In my book this is just as important as Epic Repercussions.

AoM merchants inside the tower by the Phantom Sea Docks are my go to place for buying min/max purple diamond adorns top to bottom. For the Cyan triangles they drop in the contesteds. Highkeep ToV, Ossuary AoM, and supposedly the new one in ToT.

Only the x2 in Ossuary is a 100% drop rate as far as I know. For square purple sockets find an adorner to get what you want unless you happen to be one in which case Tranquil Sea AoM crafting area has the tent/cook-pot area on the small rise with the vendor for most purples for you to peruse through.

The only thing more I can offer would be a screenshot of my hotbars/stock UI setup. It seems that the forums still only accept links rather than direct uploads so I can't help you there.
  3. Sevantal Member

Look to get 50% uncontested block and 22k mit. This is about where you should be after running ToT solos and heroics for a few weeks. 200 haste, 200 dps, 25k amod, 200k resists, 70% st, 100% ae auto, 180 ma, 100% hate mod unless your running with coercer or dirge all the time. Double up on gear that will hold hate adorns and have a change out when you have one of them(dirge,Coercer) run defiance purple set runes. Be sure to use the mit(chest) block(shoulder) runes in that set and health for the rest. Get a piece of virulent wrath proc gear. Adv solo zone Power has a ranged weapon with it. Let other stats just fall into place.
  4. Dedith Well-Known Member

For tanking heroics, 70% ST seems a bit high. Check ACT parses to see how many misses and increase ST/accuracy/weapon skills till they go away.
  5. guard Active Member

you want 600dps not 200 and only really need 120ma
  6. Sevantal Member

Guards don't hold mobs with DPS. Ma you can let slip if you want. Some groups lack Ma buffs though. Rare but happens.