Personal Libraries hanging on Test

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I was having problems last night with getting stuck at "Waiting for Zone Server" last night loading into Niami's crafting hall (Personal Library), but was able to get into other prestige homes (Everfrost, Skyblade Skiff, etc). Today, the issue persists, and, on testing, it is doing the same thing when I try to tour an empty one as well.

So far, the only one having issues is the Personal Library, but I didn't try touring everything.

If you want to try to replicate it on Test, try touring an empty one, and then try visiting Niami's on the Qeynos side - it is also on the leaderboards. (On the prestige housing menu as "Library", zone name when visiting is "Personal Library")
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Test Taffies Active Member

I tried both touring the library from the portal (no issues) but yes your house (personal library) hung, Its been a few minutes now, still hanging around at the zoning... TTFN Taffies

Oh... update, the system dumped me back to Qeynos.

another update, I am able to access a few others library's.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Cloudrat had no issue zoning into an alt's Library. I tried and failed on her home.

I validated game assets (no issues found), then did the full download option, to be safe.

After that, on my first try, it eventually dumped me to character select. The other times yesterday and today, it hung me badly enough I had to close the client. On another try at a tour of an empty library, it is hanging me badly enough I'll have to close the client again. At least with Taffies also seeing at least part of the issue, I know it isn't just me. :O After a client close and another relog, I gave up and started running through town to do other stuff, and finally got a "That zone is currently unavailable" message in chat.

I'll only try a move contents as a last resort when Frostfell hits Test, so I can access my supplies. Until then, I want to leave it as-is in case a dev wants to poke at it.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Apparently, Cloudrat was able to zone into her alt's library, but then got dumped to character select and couldn't log back in for a bit, so ...yeah, we're having issues with that specific prestige housing type over here.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As an update, I have two characters (plus maybe a third on the second account) stuck in there that I cannot log on at all. They are well and truly stuck, and go into eternal loading when I try to log into them from character select.

I can't do a move contents to rescue my rares, shinies, apprentices, etc. because it is published, and I can't get into it long enough to unpublish it. :O
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! My own Provie on Test went from the Guild Hall my alts are in, directly to my Library Portal; no problem! Went from there to another prestige house of hers. No problem! Went back. No problem! Placed another prestige portal, /saved the layout. /Loaded the layout. No problem! Exited the Library to Qeynos. No problem! Tried to visit you! :D

"That zone is currently unavailable."

Booted me back out to Qeynos without ever getting to your place. :(

The HELL, o Powers? Denmum is one of your staunchest supporters and one of the hardest working Testers! :(

Gonna try getting into my alts' Libraries, see how many problems that starts up. :-/

EDIT: tried getting into some of my alts' Libraries, and other folks', including Cloudrat, both in Qeynos and Freeport. No problem! :)

Yours! Problem. :(

Do you have "too much" stuff in there for your computer to handle (I have always, and shall always, blame the Art Department for that)? Can you get into other places that might have just as much? :-/

Uwk
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

239 items out of 900 (373 actual, 29/900 in storage), so it isn't an overloaded house issue by a long shot.

To recap:

• Cataclysmic's (Qeynos) library - 1 issue zoning out, 1 issue of unavailable zone in so far
    • Tour of Qeynos library - intermittent issue with being unable to zone into it
    • Niami's (Qeynos) Library - hangs at waiting for zone server from prestige housing portal, guild housing portal, /house_ratings. Sometimes dumps you back where you started from and gives the zone unavailable message, sometimes never recovers (5-10 minutes later) and requires a close of the client. Characters that are logged out in there are stuck, and hang loading the character.
    I'm at a loss, and am hoping that now that the holiday weekend is over, someone will be able to shed some light on the matter.
  8. Gneaux Active Member

It's not just on Test this is happening. My own Personal Library on Maj'Dul is STILL loading extremely slow.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We're not talking about slow loading homes, which is happening everywhere still from the sound of it. We're talking about will NOT load. Cannot enter. Cannot get characters that are stuck there out, at all.
    Obnoxia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The last time I had an issue like this, it was on a WinXP system years ago, and even though I had under the Expanded limit of items, they were mostly at the front entry room in a 6-room South Qeynos. It got to the point where I couldn't get in most of the time to rearrange/shift/box/take up some items to help that, and if I could get in, I'd need a GM to get me out again. :-/

But that doesn't seem to be the case here...oy. :-/

Uwk
  11. Caith Developer

We're taking a look
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir! I'd worry it was computer-related if it wasn't for several others having issues with my place, too. I just can't figure out why the apprentices barricaded the door like that. ;D
  13. Bunji Developer

I'm checking in a speculative fix for this. It looks like an item in one of the storage containers in your house is not loading correctly.
  14. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Ngreth is bribing them maybe to keep you out so you cant go crazy for Frostfell?
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or:

"Great Brell! Whatever you do, DON'T LET HER IN!! If she sees what we've done... =8-0"

"Her or anyone else! They'll TELL her!! Ahh!"

Uwk
    Obnoxia likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Layout file editing to the rescue?

Uwk
    who's slipped a digit/comma/quotation mark here and there, on occasion...
    Obnoxia likes this.
  17. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

On AB, our Hall's Library today (T2 in SQ) lagged me right out of the game.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it a Personal Library Prestige House, or the library in a Guild Hall? /confused

Uwk
    who's currently having an alt have issues going from her own 2-room New Halas house in Skyfire to her own, empty, Mistmoore Crags Estate, using her own portal there:

"Unfortunately we couldn't zone you into that house at this time. Please try again later."

If I go to Qeynos and try getting there that way, I have no problem. :-/

On the other hand, when I tried to leave the MMCE, it didn't give me the option to go back to New Halas or any other house where I have a portal; it just booted me straight out to Qeynos. :-/

On the third hand, New Halas 2 was involved, so that might have something to do with it. :-/

EDIT: nope; didn't work from her Kelethin or So. Qeynos houses, either...Mistmoore Crags Estate seems broken, too. :(
  19. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Ah, Uwk, you have visited the Vagabond Knight's Mansion? (AB T2 SQ) The room to the left is our laggiest lately, but it is chock full of books, two moving house items and four amenities. The lag is sporadic though, but the location is not. I do still have many people that simply cannot zone into the hall at all without crashing the game. I too have this problem but normally after having been in the world awhile.

~Slipps (Whose ears hear library and head shouts "BOOKS!!" with glee.))
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I used to have issues like that, back when I had WinXP; I loved that OS, but not for this game (Win7 is still fine, thanks! No worries here, o Powers! ;->). I could visit Qeynos or Freeport for about 10 minutes, tops; 5 if it was raining at the time. And there were fewer and fewer houses I could get into (of mine, even) or visit; forget the Guild Halls, they were impossible. :(

At any rate, I don't want to de-rail poor Mum's post any more than necessary; was just wondering if my inability to get into my Mistmoore from any house (and out again to any house from there) was in any way related. Probably not... :-/

Uwk