We can hardly stand the wait/Please Frostfell, don't be late...

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know, I know, not yet! But when will Testing start on it? ;->

Uwk
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

What is it with sum ppl and this frostfell stuff anyways?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's a decorator thing. ;->

Uwk
    Cyliena likes this.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Oh alright.

I once placed a wooden table in my room in scaleyard :-D
  5. Szindrago Member

agreed....for me its a decorator and roleplayer thing lol..and its just fun to do everything :)
    Jaden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. ZUES Well-Known Member

And yet whenever I visit a house or guild hall they are always dark, dreary and depressing. All that white stuff and noone uses it. Maybe they intentionally use wood to prevent players from feeling comfortable in guild halls?

Dark = bad, depressing, uncomfortable
    Light = good
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

some like it icy some like it sweet some like sweet icing
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, if you've got your Sales Crates in your place, that's frequently all I've seen when I went to buy armor from one of my favorite suppliers! ;)

Uwk
    whose Armoring capability has finally caught up/surpassed the Adventuring levels... ;->
  9. Xariama_AB Member

I just hope that they actually work on putting something new into it, unlike the last three holiday festivals.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, there's always the new recipe books... ;)

Frankly, what I would like to see is the return of the Emerald Gem of Joy. It would be the 56th crafting material in a bag of 56 slots, and it would restore to all those green-based items an actual GREEN GEM to make them with, rather than red, black, or blue. :-/

Uwk
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we get a new quest ( please let me be right on that ) now that the new expansion is out they got time.
    I was always wondering about that extra slot in the frostfell bag .
    hmm lets see what would I like to craft , a frozen fountain , snowy rook tiles , snowed on trees not only evergreens
    you know trees without leaves with snow on the branches , anyhow anything natural
    I got to do some more thinking about what I want from santa clug this year a yea new snow globes for the new expansion.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

I just hope they put new Player Studio items into the shop! With hardly anyone left at Daybreak, PS is the best hope we have for new house items.

Frostfell comes once a year, Daybreak: I hope you're looking over every submission from the Player Studio folks in time for this year's Frostfell, and putting them all onto your Nice List so they make it in this year! :p
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Bah humbug! I know I am probably in a minority, but Frostfell is my least favourite of the game festivals. And it goes on sooooo long! I have been known to leave the game and not come back until February! I don't even like most of the stuff that can be crafted. :(
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, just be glad we have the Crafting Stations now, so the pain is spread out a bit! :D

Probably less chatter on the channels over the crafting because of it. ;)

And, to each their own. :)

Uwk
    whose Mom in real life felt much the same way about the winter hols; too noisy, too commercial, too many demands on the money and time... :-/
    Siren likes this.
  15. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Can't wait for Frostfell! *squees and spins around*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Finora and Siren like this.
  16. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Well, the TLE servers aren't getting the holidays, so might be a good time to go check them out?
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I did try for a little while but it wasn't for me.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

After being in a medieval/Renaissance re-creation group, I know how rose-colored the spectacles can be about the past; the SCA prides itself on celebrating the Middle Ages, for instance, "not as they were, but as they should've been [had they known about things like hygiene/germ theory, religious tolerance, refrigeration, etc.]." ;->

I don't mind being in the cities any more (though I do still miss the suburbs!), after running my two toons through Stormhold...I remembered the Tutorial Island with a lot more fondness than I felt going through it again now. ;->

Uwk
    Quiarrah and Enoibia like this.
  19. Enoibia Well-Known Member

It was all before my time so I had no feelings of nostalgia. I thought I would take a look at Stormhold though, mainly to see what the Isle of Refuge zone looked like and also in case it was a style of play that I found I enjoyed. I guess it experience is better enjoyed through the rosy tint of nostalgia. :)
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I never got a chance to do the islands than they were new well I was happy to see it
    about the rest of the Tls servers people tell me its not the same to many things were changed about the game for good and the TLS servers are only a pale copy of what was.
    like Uwkete said.
    this is like going to the renaissance fair in a car.
    you have a porta potty not a bush or a wood beam over a open hole. the costumes are all very colorfull besides dirt
    and the people smell of deodorant not sweat you buy yourself a meal properly cooked and the meat inspected

its the same with those new servers lol even the new portal for the new zone showed up in Neriak .
    But I still enjoy playing this way I am discovering little things and quests I did not know existed.
    don't be so hard on this servers for us people that came into the game when the level cap was 70 or higher this is at least a chance to experience some of how people played in those days
    Anyway when you want to have a fridge , heating and air-condition a shower and a range
    and INDOOR plumbing than just hop into your car and drive back to the regular server.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ceyllynn like this.