What Races Do You Wish Were Playable?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avouriel the Ratonga, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Avouriel the Ratonga Active Member

Like races that seemed like they would be playable races... Like the Othmir... I kinda wish the Othmir was a playable race.

Hell, the Othmir even had some concept art.. lol
  2. Xevran Well-Known Member

It'll never happen but the Othmir would be my choice.
  3. Avouriel the Ratonga Active Member

Yeah, I know, by the time they do actually add Othmir, EQ2 will be pretty much dead.. probably.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I want to be a panda person. I think the Hua'Mein would be fab as a playable race.
    Iuvili, SierraDawn and Katz like this.
  5. Ishtara Well-Known Member

6. Chrisworld Active Member

Well you can at least use the petrified gnoll eye, or grab a gnoll costume from the broker, which are left overs from the nights of the dead merchants.

I used to love running around as a gnoll lol, well I kinda still do sometimes.
    Ishtara likes this.
  7. Avouriel the Ratonga Active Member

I'm fine with running around as a ratonga.. xD Gnolls are cute too, but I love Ratongas more.
    SierraDawn and Ishtara like this.
  8. Ishtara Well-Known Member

True but I also really like appearance gear, which cannot be used with illusions. :( I want to be a Gnollish pirate with a feathered hat... ;)
  9. Muph Active Member

I wish Aerkyns weren't playable. At least male Aerkyns.. Same with freebloods. They don't belong, CAST THEM OUT!
    GBlack likes this.
  10. Avouriel the Ratonga Active Member

The Aerakyns do kinda belong, because in EQ1 there was a half-dragon/half-human race on it as well... but Freeblood? yes, the do no belong... And hell, both of the races are pretty ugly, no alternate appearance.. I mean, at least the Aerakyns look better than the Freeblood.
    SierraDawn likes this.
  11. Xevran Well-Known Member

The Freeblood look awful in my opinion. I wish they would've just used the Mistmoore vampire model. I know it wouldn't make sense but at least they look good.
  12. Avouriel the Ratonga Active Member

I know. xD I still have no clue why they didn't just use the damn Mistmoore model. lol
  13. Belenos Well-Known Member

I agree about male freebloods--the face is hard to do anything with, but the females turn out very well if you try hard! My first attempt turned out pretty good, but my second female freeblood is just plain hot!!

As for races, I vote SHISSAR! And with Matri running around, I know they could do it!
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

15. Strings Well-Known Member

Panda or Goblin. Also it'd be cool if they made a dog equivalent of Kerra, dog people or wolf people.
  16. Carynn Well-Known Member

I am 100% on the Othmir. Pandas would be fun, too.

The trouble with illusions is that they don't stay on when you're on a mount. And since this game is pretty much all mount, all the time, it defeats the purpose of using the illusion.
  17. Carni Active Member

I'd play a minotaur immediately were it an available class. Heck, I'd probably even pay for it.
  18. Faelan Active Member

Centaur. Even better if they could modify the mount code to let you give your friend a ride. I know it will never happen though.
    I'm the same way about it as Carni, I'd play it immediately, and even pay to do so.
  19. Vladislav Active Member

Akheva would be pretty awesome, a tank with a 2-hander and 2 shields :)
  20. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Othmir, hands down.
    Xevran likes this.