Kingdom of Sky Itemization Review

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by oakmiser, Nov 3, 2015.

1. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Totally good zones for loot: Temple of Scale, and Pedastool of the Priestess, Laboratory of lord Vyemm, Sactum of the scaleborn, palace of the awakened, the halls of fate, the blackscape sepulcher, the vault of el'arad, halls of the seeing, The Nest of the Great Egg (and those recipes got hit by an upgrade algorithm at some point so they are pretty nice too, balances the heavy amount of treasured drops in the zone).

Here are all the items that need to be dev magic to make them have.......

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Category:Relic_Armor_(EQ2) - Update blue/green stats and erase focus effects since we have those already, you could just give us the exact same or slightly better SET BONUSES from the KoS CloudMount Timeline Gear instead of those focus effects.

Deathtoll
    ----------------------------
    Yitzik the Hurler
    Dominance
    Black Lotus Breastplate
    Sash of the Dragonborn
    Finger Bone Manacles
    Ashengaze Hide Jerkin
    Ascendant
    Resplendent Scapular's Mantle
    Bonetooth Skewer
    Fitzpitzle
    Hollowed Basilisk Skullcap
    Pride's Edge
    Fitzpitzle's Hover Platform
    Clawed Basilisk Boots
    Windrazor
    Grotrot, the Flayer
    Ring of Supremacy
    Feathered Circlet of Acumen
    Flawless Dragonhide Belt
    Ichor Filled Thorax
    Vultak Ritual Doll
    Yitzik the Hurler
    Veined Membranous Drape
    Drakescale Gorget
    Troll Gut Rope
    Stein of Flowing Ichor
    Ichorstrand
    Talonsreach
    Wings of the Dragonborn
    Vitrified Dragonscale Gauntlets
    Bracelet of the Great Wyrm
    Reticulated Dragonscale Vambraces
    Ardevaas, the Render
    Cruor Alluvium
    Shining Drakescale Vambraces
    Spellbound Silk Pants
    Vambraces of Draconic Rites
    Flayed Basilisk Breeches
    Spinesnapper
    Draconic Boneweave Breastplate
    Bulwark of Writhing Viscera
    Eyestalker Shield of Gazing
    Living Breath
    Deathtoll Generic Trash Loot
    Ancient Velium Rod
    Ancient Velium Battleaxe
    Ancient Velium Warhammer
    Ancient Velium Hand Axe
    Ancient Velium Claws
    Ancient Velium Shortsword
    Ancient Velium Stave
    Ancient Velium Rapier
    Ancient Velium Battlehammer
    Ancient Velium Lance
    Ancient Velium Kris
    Ancient Velium Greatsword
    Ancient Velium Shortspear

The Lyceum of Abhorrence
    Gnillaw The Demented- Fright Etched Bracelet

Quest: A Mark of Awakening - Effect is still good, as crit chance will be scarce in some ways. Needs updated green/blue stats. Requires several timed trials, including an x4 raid.
    Mark of the Awakened Instinct
    Mark of the Awakened Intellect

CONTESTED x4s
    Please add back the items listed, they had really awesome procs but they need their green and blue stats adjusted to current stat mechanics. When overland heroic and epic loot tables got revamped these items were basically made non-existant.

Three Princes( Prince Urbaniok the Just ):
    Arcane Enchanted Coif
    Arcane Enchanted Skullcap
    Combine War Satchel
    Dirk of Nightfall
    Greatspear of Outer Rim
    Hand of Destruction
    Longsword of Perfection
    Planar Axe of Destruction
    Symbol of Mystic Etchings
    Volantian Mallet of the Seer
    Wand of the Tempest

Mutagenic Outcast:
    Ancient Tulwar of Striking
    Band of Time
    Chitinous Leather Skullcap
    Chitinous Leather Tunic
    Pantaloons of Mystical Silk

Hurricanus:
    Hurricane Forged Coat
    Hurricane Forged Cuirass
    Shrouded Guard
    Windforged Bracers

Bearer of Gore:
    The Helmsplitter

Bearer of the Crux:
    Recurved Heartstinger

The Qeynos Claymore Series
    -All of the rewards used to be good down the line, it's why this series was so greatly loved by so many because even if you didn't raid you could get all the other rewards down the line.

Ghostly Axe of Bylze
    Ghostly Bow of Bylze
    Ghostly Claws of Bylze
    Ghostly Wand of Bylze

Diaphanous Bulwark of Bylze
    Intangible Aegis of Bylze
    Essence Shield of Bylze
    Ethereal Buckler of Bylze

Tunic of Rituals
    Wind-worked Hauberk
    Robe of Dark Corridors
    Chestguard of the Clouds

Red Bands of Xhorroz
    Blood-Drenched Splint of Xhorroz
    Red Bangle of Xhorroz
    Soaked Wraps of Xhorroz

Soaked Cossack of Xhorroz
    Red Boots of Xhorroz
    Blood-Drenched Stompers
    Red Shoes of Xhorroz

Blood-Drenched Legplates of Xhorroz
    Red Legs of Xhorroz
    Red Pantaloons of Xhorroz
    Soaked Slacks of Xhorroz

Red Tunic of Xhorroz
    Blood-Drenched Breastplate of Xhorroz
    Soaked Guard of Xhorroz
    Red Hauberk of Xhorroz

Shield of the Four Winds
    Idol of the Four Winds
    Katar of the Four Winds
    Symbol of the Four Winds
    Sword of the Four Winds

Dragonscale Ring
    Dragonscale Earrings

Dragonscale Sash

Dragonscale Bracelet
    Dragonscale Choker

Dragonhide Pauldrons
    Dragonhide Shoulders
    Dragonhide Shoulderpads
    Dragonscale Pauldrons
    Dragonhide Mantle
    Dragonscale Shoulderpads
    Dragonscale Mantle

Razorwing's Bandolier
    Ancient Plate of Karana
    Steeldown's Alloy Chestguard
    Small Carving of Aaryonar

Tayil's Triumphant Trousers
    Tayil's Pragmatic Pants
    Tayil's Beneficent Breeches
    Tayil's Grim Greaves

Qeynos Claymore
    Qeynos Cutlass
    The Arm of Mithaniel
    Qeynos Guard
    The Arm of Erollisi
    Marr's Fist
    Qeynos Kilij
    Tippytom, Nuhvohk, Draknox and 3 others like this.
  2. 4280777 Member

I've just checked these so called relics and it made me laugh so hard. Just look at summoner ones.

Robes
    This ability gives pity 60 DPS and has a 45 seconds recast time. So yeah, -3 seconds will help A LOT!
    [IMG]

While necro getting +60 ability mod to one of their best nukes, which is significant increase, okay.
    [IMG]

Leggings
    I can't even comment on that, -1 sec recast time on TOTALLY WORTHLESS ability, which no conjy in their right mind will be using ever, just thank you!
    [IMG]

And necro.. getting -40 sec recast time to their most overpowered ability.
    [IMG]

Balance.
    oakmiser likes this.
  3. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Did you forget the Ghazi cycle?
    oakmiser likes this.
  4. Drew575 Active Member

I don't see taranax any where in that 1st paragraph and you have Yitzilk the Hurler up there twice., good post though...probably will go unnoticed by the devs...I did the same thing for T5....got over looked
    oakmiser likes this.
  5. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I was disappointed when they took out the Ghazi-cycle gear, some of which was particle-weapons of spooky deep purpleness, and replaced them with "Generic Radiant Level 70 Thunderspeaker's Item X Of The Tree", and other catchy (read: bland, nonsensical) names.
    Belenos and oakmiser like this.
  6. oakmiser Well-Known Member

These focus effect choices are like 8 years old. They weren't ment to be the end all back then, and some of these abilities were WAY better or way worse back then. Swarm pets were nearly useless back then because of no stat sharing, and hp pools on primary pets were pathetic compared to what they are now. Let's not attack the past for no reason, cause I don't see you attacking the AGI on that gear that stands no purpose on a cloth chest piece. =P

No, I only went after what I could find of the old loot tables using Xanadu and even then only went with proc gear.

Amourphous Drake is the second Yitzilk, I was copy pasting dashes and forgot to rename that section. lol

Taranax's loot table got hit properly by either dev hands or a code sweep. I checked every single mob in every zone. I may have missed some trash loot, but the most important trash loot is relic gear. If nothing else I hope they just hit relic gear and claymore rewards.

Maybe find these items and give the names to Kaitheel in a message and he can work them into some sort of reward during next years Nights of the dead as a stand alone quest not tied to normal event activation and that way we can have NoTD on our server and he doesn't have to make a art request for spooky purple particle effect stuff. Win-Win suggestion =)
  7. Dudo Member

When I get home tonight Ill take screens of how every item currently translates to TLE or someone else could :)
    oakmiser likes this.
  8. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Don't waste that time. Heres why: If they activate multi attack, casting speed, AE auto, and reuse then all the items you link on a TLE server will not show those stats.

How it currently works is that those stats are simply turned OFF on TLE servers, they are still on the items, but we cant see or use those stats until they are activated. Potentially this means on day 1 of KoS you could have a little of every stat they turn on because it already exists on your gear. All of the gear I have listed are things that have erroneous stats on them based on the classes that can use the item. (I.E. Agility on a mage robe).

Here are two items I missed on claymore.
    Fitzpitzle's Misty Protector
    Fitzpitzle's Earcog

I thought I missed the charms too, but those actually did get hit by some upgrading code or developer by hand.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  9. HighlyAlt New Member

good post, hopefully doesn't get overlooked.
    oakmiser likes this.
  10. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Well done.
  11. Axaqi Member

Good job. :)

Best,
    Axaqi Al'Saracen
    60 Guardian of Europa
    Deathtoll
  12. Dudo Member

Yes the blues wont be there but you be able to see from the stats of the items have been adjusted on TLE.
  13. Synistra Active Member

So my question is: Is the cloud mount timeline going to be in? If so, won't it pretty much make obsolete any other visible slots we get? If they do take out the cloud mount timeline are they going to bump up relic gear? That's going to be a lot of dev time imo. If they don't take out the cloud mount timeline and the subsequent gear from it then we're going to have a lot of relic pieces going to waste, if they do then we'll still have relic gear going to waste because the DoF gear we have now is better than the KoS gear. I know they're going to look into it when KoS vote passes but that's a hell of a lot of work for such a small amount of time when they're already so stupid busy.
  14. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I voted "No" on the TLE server because the gear looks like you have posted. Good post, Oakmiser. If/when the itemization is looked at, I'll vote yes, but not till then. If it's never looked at, then...people will go somewhere else and the Cash Cow will die.
  15. Arandar Well-Known Member

I suspect the path of least resistance for them will be to leave the quested set gear in, and then they'll get around to boosting raid gear. They'll be able to buy themselves a little time there, although there will undoubtedly be some hair-pulling and jumping about from the more progression-minded raid guilds that want server firsts.
    oakmiser likes this.
  16. oakmiser Well-Known Member

I agree with you on the No vote. They need time to fix it, and I'd like to finish ring of fate and peacock both of which im only half done with so it would be nice to finish some more iconic things. =D
    Kalika likes this.
  17. Kander Developer

So an update, we will be spending some time to go through itemization and hopefully make it correct and desirable for when KoS is voted in. I will be watching this thread so let's get the full list of stuff you all are worried about ASAP! This really helps!

Thanks!
    Belenos, Onra, ringgirl_UFC and 5 others like this.
  18. Koltik Active Member

Here is a list of items / concerns from a PvP Wizard. Most of my feedback will be from a PvP perspective.

General Notes
    Stats I Want: Casting Speed, Focus (+75), Ability Mod, in that order.

Wizards desperately need casting speed for PvP. Having played an extensive amount of PvP in Vanilla and DOF, not having cast speed has been brutal as a wizard. Our burst cannot compare to other classes and we are laughably easy to counter via interrupts. It’s one thing to be squishy and easily interruptible if you have huge damage to back it up, but as of now we are easily T2 DPS and one of the squishiest classes. Adding cast speed will not necessarily increase our overall DPS, but it will help a lot with our burst capability.

Why focus? Without it in Vanilla I would be interrupted by someone sneezing on me. Things have much improved in DOF.

Ability Mod: More damage, although it’s decreased to 33% in PvP so I don’t see it as being as valuable as casting speed.

General Gear Drops
    Relic Armor
    Lunarspun Vest has a decent focus effect, but the stats are sub-par. Fix the stats, add some casting speed (my preference), and it would be great to have the Ice Comet cooldown reduced by 5 instead of 3 seconds. This is due to the difference in CD’s of Protoflame and Ice Comet. Having that robe would bring Ice Comet down to the same CD as Protoflame, our other most damaging ability.

Lunarspun Pantaloons has both subpar stats (by a lot), and a useless focus effect. What good is +50 Ball of Fire damage when the pants from Poet’s Palace (DOF heroic, and duo able zone) drops pants with +179 Ability Mod? Even Vanilla pants from Knubed, an x2, has pants with +136 Ability Mod and a fear proc. It needs a general stat boost, additional blue stats added, and an increased focus effect.

Rest of Relic Armor: Increases / add stats across the board.

Anything listed below is caster drop that would be unusable end-game due to the lack of stats. In most cases this is due to the lack of meaningful blue stats, and/or low stats in general compared to current Vanilla / DOF loot.

Gear by Zone
    Deathtoll
    Yitzik the Hurler
    Sash of the Dragonborn - No useful stats. Vendor trash even if green stats are boosted.

Resplendent Scapular's Mantle - Out of combat regen is decent, but should be increased based on expected overall Power increase from base KOS to TLE KOS. If proc worked in PvP (De-target), then it would be usable.

Fitzpitzle
    Ring of Supremacy - Proc is OK, but we get back to the Ball of Fire dilemma listed above. Why use a 10% chance 178 dmg proc when we can get +70 or more on every spell cast from a DOF ring? It could be useful if Ability Mod is capped, but even still every caster would prefer cast speed instead of a 178 dmg proc.

Vultak Ritual Doll - Unusable other than if it can be equipped, clicked, and unequipped for the 5% attack speed alone. Tarton's Wheel has been BIS since vanilla; it would be great if there was a viable upgrade in KOS.

Feathered Circlet of Acumen - See Mantle from Yitzik note on combat regen. Even with stat increase, these forearms are worse than T5 Knubed forearms that give +126 Ability Mod. These need additional blue stats to be worth wearing, or they'll be vendor loot.

Cruor Alluvium
    Spellbound Silk Pants - Proc is OK, but even with stat boosts it gets beat by T5 Fabled (76 - 136 ability mod), Poets Palace Fabled (175+ ability mod). Needs cast speed, ability mod, or a healthy mix of both.

Living Breath - Good clicky, but missing all other stats. This falls into the Ritual Doll category, where unless it can be equipped, clicked, and removed then it isn't worth using. Especially over Tarton's Wheel for mages, or Orb of Truth for healers.

A Healthy Corpuscle / A Virulent Corpuscle
    Veined Membranous Drape - Just unusable. T5 quested / treasured +100 Ability Mod robe beats this, as well as a T6 treasured 13% cast speed robe.

Stein of Flowing Ichor - Would not get used in secondary over Tarton's Wheel, even if green stats were increased. Same issue as Vultak Ritual Doll and Living Breath. Healers would appreciate proc more than mages, but I still don't see them using it over Orb of Truth (T6).

Troll Gut Rope - Not really usable. 6 regen is not much in today's game. My T6 wizard has 8.8K self buffed HP; it would take 1466 ticks to heal me to full using this belt alone. Maybe I was spoiled by EQ1 Fungi, but this just seems like a completely wasted secondary.

Tarinax the Destroyer
    Guidance of the Ages - This has potential. Make the proc de-target in PvP, and increase cast speed OR add ability mod in addition to the current cast speed. At the moment the level 60 City Timeline wands have more ability mod (103) and a DPS mod (15), or more cast speed (12%).

Brain Worm - Right now there are very few good belts in the game. In T5 there is a fabled belt with 52 ability mod, DOF has one with similar ability mod. There is a treasured one with +78 ability mod, but lower stats. Brain Worm has higher stats, but the secondary stats are not there. It needs something - cast speed, ability mod, or again a mix of both.

Breath of the Destroyer - It has 82 ability mod and a proc - it's on the right track. Unfortunately there is a DOF raid helm that gives +150 ability mod, and it would be a tough call replacing it for this. It's better off than other items in KOS, but end-boss raid loot should beat any previous expansion loot without question.

Eye of the Soulless - This is not necessarily bad, but legendary item, The Great Horn of Drelakor, has 16% cast speed. Absolution, from Lab of Lord Vyemm, has 20% cast speed. Given that this is from the end-expac boss, it should beat both of those items.

Augurspike - It's good. I'd use it as-is, but it could use a slight ability mod boost. It isn't too far ahead of Balanced Stud of Intention from a DOF 1-groupable mob.

Mantle of the Clairvoyant - The proc leads us back to the fact that mana isn't an issue for mages, but other than that it is a good item. My one complaint is that the casting speed on this is less than that of a DOF treasured item from Silent City.

a writhing corpuscle
    This mob has a list of legendary Ancient Velium weapons that can drop, none of which would be usable atm. I'd either buff them, or just turn them to treasured.

I can keep going, but that's already a lot. I'd be happy to do this for the rest of the KOS raid zones, but would like to hear back from dev's if it's worth the time or not.

Siril
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  19. Tearofsoul Member

Without attack speed & Ability Mod, Qeynos city questline range slot reward isn't nearly as good as the Freeport one.

But more importanly, compared to imbalanced itemization, what really bother people who like to raid is the difficulties of contested raid encounters (x4) and many instanced raid encounters (x4). Almost all of them can be killed by 2 groups or even less.

Just my feedback, Thanks!
  20. Koltik Active Member

OK, Part 2 - Wizard PvP focus

Gear by Zone

Ascent of the Awakened
    Ireth the Cold
    Cap of the Icy Breath - Green stats are just "OK" - about that of fabled T5. I'd boost green stats, and add 125+ ability mod, or cast speed.

Leggings of the Icy Breath - Like above, OK stats but about that of T5 fabled. Same suggestions as cap, b ut maybe 150+ ability mod or cast speed.

Charm of the Icy Breath - Same as previous 2 - has casting speed, but low. Could use a 2% boost, as T6 treasured wrists have 5-7% cast speed.

Wand of the Icy Breath - Don't see this being used by anyone really. Not sure what to say about it - needs something special. a 1% proc chance 135 nuke is not it.

Sharti of the Flame
    Charm of the Fire Breath - Suffers from stat issue as previous items. Desperately needs an ability mod boost - at least 60+ ability mod.

Halls of the Seeing
    Venekor
    Robe of the Azure Sky - Green stats are slightly higher than Djinn Master robes, so that's good, but it has no blue stats. Sadly that makes it worse than T5 +100 ability mod robes.

The Elemental Warder
    Mist Imbued Censer - Items like this are just vendor trash. No worthwhile blue stats of any kind, cannot beat Tarton's Wheel.

Mist Imbued Symbol - See above.

Suffering
    Cowl of Suffering - This item is just "OK", but not really good. Green stats are OK, blue stats are OK, proc is not really needed by Mages. Ability cast speed could be increased - treasured shoulders from DOF have 12% cast speed on them.

An Ancient Bloodbeast
    Bloodsoaked Mitts - Another item with fine green stats, but due to the lack of blue stats this would not be a very useful item. DOF raids drop two pairs of gloves that are better - one of those pairs has 150 ability mod, the other has 4% (or more?) attack speed and 150+ ability mod on them. These need something extra.

A Charged Presence
    Shadow Slippers - OK green-stat wise, but no blues so not very useful.

Shadow Shoulders - See above. Needs cast speed, ability mod, something.

Sash of Shadows - This, to me, is a perfect item. It's legendary, and slightly better than T5 / T6 end-game fabled belts. It's just barely better, but it is better.

Lyceum of Abhorrence
    Vilucidae the Priest of Thule

Bracelet of Thule - Would like to see more int on this, and have proc work in PvP (detarget). Other than that, it's good as-is.

Boots of Terror - These suffer from same the same issue as Shadow Slippers (above). There are currently no good boots in game - I am still using Jboots for PvP in T6 for the run speed, as are most mages.

Vilucidae's Ring of the Fear-harvest - Green stats are good, but needs ability mod/casting speed to be usable. Click effect is perfect, but cast time is way too long to even think of using it in PvP.

Gnorbl's Flayed Skinbands - Green stats are good - could use focus - but blue stats are light. Again, T6 fabled gloves have double the ability mod as these. One pair has double the ability mod + attack speed.

Fearling-skin Robe - Good green stats, bad blue. We'd only see DPS mod on these, which personally would mean i'd use the T5 +100 ability mod robe or 12% cast speed T6 treasured over this.

Bracelet of Forgotten Courage - Lacking blue stats

Fear-imbued Fingerguards - Good - would use as-is. Adding some ability mod (+75?) would make these perfect.

Boots of the Wrathful - These are probably BIS just because they will be the only boots with a useful blue stat - cast speed.

Forgotten Periapt of Abhorrence - Green stats good, no blue stats makes it vendor loot.

Essence Band of Fear - Green stats good, casting speed is good albeit slightly lower than a ring from T6 raids (Lockjaw at that). Could use a slight boost to stay competitive.

Virtuous Mantle - Fine; could use a slight cast speed boost (8-9%?)

Mug of Horror's Flow - Unusable vendor loot - see Tarton's Wheel, Orb of Truth comments in previous secondary items.

Hope this is helpful. Part 3 coming tomorrow.