KoS Required Fixes. Dev's MUST READ!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kazooooooooooo, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eksaksudan Member

Developers made a huge mistake.. connected live build and TLE build and it won't be changed any more imho. Any changes have to fit harmoniously into work of live servers, differently developers won't accept them.
  2. Eksaksudan Member

The most important change - change of itemization, developers need to change the most important items:
    1. Craft items, now craft items have potency + crit bonus main blue stats, nobody will unlock these stats in KoS, replace Potency/CB on mastercraft items to DPS/Haste/Abylity Mode/Cast speed/Reuse Speed/Crit Shance and craft will be desired
    2. Fix Claymore Qeynos reward
    3. Fix A Mark of Awekening reward
    4. Fix relic items from KoS Raid zones
    5. Fix drop items in KoS Raid zones and instances
    6. Fix legendary quests rewards
    7. Fix city raid rewards
  3. Eksaksudan Member

Improve "Master" and "Grandmasters" ability, now we have Experts better than Adept on 25%, Masters better than experts on ~3% and GrandMaster better than Masters on ~3%, improve difference to 5% it not so considerably and won't break balance but will make "Master" ability more desired
  4. Tearofsoul Member

All I ask it is to up the difficulties of contestd raid mobs, you shouldn't be able to 2 group it or pug it. You need more than that.
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

People just need to manage their expectations here. The vote for KoS is coming this week, and most likely it will pass. I doubt that the developers have any time to do anything significant with the content aside from increasing the health of raid bosses and (hopefully) fixing up the stats on gear that needs updating. Aside from those two things, we should expect to get what we have on the standard servers.

Were I in Daybreak's position, I'd hope that the players vote up the expansions to RoK fairly quickly. At that point, we're much closer to the standard servers in terms of functionality and a lot of the "artificial" things they're doing now (mitigation nerfs, stat suppression, etc.) can be reverted and itemization will be much less of an issue.
  6. Fleshdecayed New Member

I think everyone should wait until everything with live is completed and TLE gets some attention before finally calling it quits. What they decide to do with TLE, once there is no longer an excuse for ignoring it, will tell us everything we need to know. To stay or to leave.

Also....is there anywhere I can check to see exactly why my posting privileges have been revoked on my main account lol? Do they inform you why or are they power hungry and enjoy doing it without an explanation. If I deserve it, I deserve. Just want to know why.
  7. Estal Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the low level game to be fixed, but with the amount of work necessary they might as well sell it as EQ4 in 2025...
  8. Dudo Member

Couple things.

First while its important that Devs take notice their is already a thread regarding TLE changes going forward.

Second on the gear changes. Would it be so bad if gear wasnt updated to its current very powerful form? Like problems around how easy mobs are would have never been an issue if players werent dealing EoF dps in shattered lands.
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

Because it would make raiding pointless. And right now, frankly, there is still a lot of T7 gear from raid bosses that is completely worthless. The Mystical Topaz Loop and Mystical Amber Bangle are examples. They're level 69 fabled that drop from the Mutagenic Outcast, and they're worse than most T5 and T6 equivalents.

You can't have it both ways. If you want the raid bosses to be a challenge, then they need to drop appropriate rewards. And if they just leave the loot as is, then we're back to how things were in T5 and the raids will be largely ignored. Even the rewards from the Claymore signature quest line aren't up to par. Right now, the weapons from Peacock are superior.

There's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube.
  10. Dudo Member

Its not about having it both ways. And i guess it was my fault in looking at gear in retrospect... but it was conceptual failure in the first place for people to beg for "improved" gear and get away from the games original design. Its a little insane to think that people expected not only gear to be improved but the mobs to just automatically scale to the new gear when really playing from a pure classic in gear and in mobs wouldnt have had such an imbalance in power.
  11. Arandar Well-Known Member

I don't think it was so much about begging for gear, just gear that made sense in light of the fact that they were not going to just revert out all of the quests and itemization changes that were made years ago to Lavastorm and Everfrost. And in truth, for the most part, all people really "begged" for was Prismatics that were worth the effort of getting.
  12. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

"Required fixes, Devs MUST READ!"

What if they don't?
  13. Icanfly New Member

What if u r shut up and go away troll
  14. Eradani Well-Known Member

this whole post is a troll if you think the devs have free time with the merges and new xpac coming up.

plz don't vote yes for this broken xpac.
  15. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Please vote yes!
  16. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

The vote is out? Cool, I need to login to my TLE toons and vote.

I'm taking offers on a 'yes' vote, starting at...10 plat per account?
  17. Daarkstar Active Member

+1 for waiting until KoS is fixed. Serious issues facing us and this is the last chance to get it right to keep current players and entice more old/new players. KoS with some tweaking could be totally amazing.

Pumice Stones: This was a lazy "fix" to a problem which has caused more trouble than it solved.
    • Revert Charm to lasting a maximum of 10-15 seconds.
    • Add different tiers of pumice stones for different levels (ex: Greater Pumice Stone lvl 51-70 - Dispels 75 levels) This will prevent pumice stones being a complete 'clear-all' at lower levels. I realize this will allow people to 'bury' charm but this will incentivize players to use cure potions and cure abilities more.
    • Change recast from 60 seconds to 180+ seconds. 60 seconds is far too short and can be used multiple times in short fights.
    Clouds: Please return to old travel mode, teleportation would ruin the entire point of the expansion. Immunity alone would destroy contested fighting.

Teleporter: Please return to the 5 minute wait between portals, this created a focal point for pvp and was one of the best parts of that expansion.

City Guards: This has been long over-due. Please change levels on the guards in the city so pvp isn't totally impossible.

State of Scouts: I don't understand the complaints about rangers, their only real burst is a 4 sec cast time and long reuse. As a healer I have no problem with leaving them as they are. Brigands on the other-hand are completely out of control. If dispatch can't be toned down without affecting live servers please at least disable double-up. Swashbucklers are also non-existent since their main abilities are broken.

Blue Stats: Please see that the release of new blue stats is done properly. Currently it seems that the release of casting speed stat would give some current sets of T6 gear around 60-70% speed (far too much) which would put mages and healers far ahead of melee classes.

• Add casting speed: Please see that more pieces of chainmail and plate healer gear have this stat instead of leather druid loot. If druids are able to benefit equally from casting speed stats the current healer imbalance will just continue. Ideally clerics and shamans should be able to obtain around 40-50% from gear, keep druids under 30%. Mages should probably be around 40-50%.
    • Add AoE auto-attack: Remove the blue stat from loot. This is a class defining ability for Zerkers and Swashbucklers, would be terrible if the stat was released and an SK could stack the same amount.
    • Add reuse: Remove the blue stat from loot (except from the mythical in Mara). This is an AA trait for many classes. Troubs, Shamans, Clerics all need this to make the AA lines useful.
    • Crits: I'm not sure about current AA's with scouts and mages but this needs to be enabled if it's within an AA tree. Please don't enable on gear yet.

Contested/Instanced HP: Increase min 30%+ from current live values. A Terrorantula fight is still very fast, often too fast for any competition to form and try to stop the opposing guild. DoF was much better than vanilla, but larger pools and more damage output would be much better. As Kazzo said; it's easy to just tone them down later if they are too hard.

Resists: I agree with Kazzo but I understand that making manual changes to gear is far too much to ask for. Please just adjust the amount required to achieve maximum resists, was done before DoF, can be tweaked a little more.

Claymore, Relic Gear & Hooloh etc: Please make sure these are updated to stats and procs that would make them relevant for ALL classes. These were one of the biggest parts of the expansion and it would be a shame if, like the last two expansions, half the classes don't bother with them as they have better legendary gear. There are many dedicated players that would happy to make suggestions as to what improvements to make here to each, please ask and we can make a list and decide on some needed number changes.

Thank you for all the work on the previous expansion, I'm confident with a little dev support and more player feedback we can get the numbers right and have a great release of an expansion that everyone loved.
  18. Muph Active Member

You have the worst ideas and you literally just reposted this from another thread you started weeks ago, which went no where also.

Inc dead TLEs in less than 60 days.
  19. Eradani Well-Known Member

Griffon Towers TS/Nek

these need to be made operational. they are not "instant travel", they are just less lame than saying something to the guard and getting him to give you a free ride to coldwind point.
  20. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Love your idea about tiered pumice stones.
    Tharrakor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.