Dissappointed in New Paradigm

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ShalimarTroy, Oct 31, 2015.

1. ShalimarTroy Member

So it seems now that unless I pay, I have to wait three hours or more to play. From what I gather this is not because of the server population, but because I am playing Free to Play. I understand their logic in forcing people into paying for their games, but why offer a free to play option?
    Feldon and s7n7a7k7e like this.
  2. ShalimarTroy Member

Good question. Anyone know?
  3. LordTiras Well-Known Member

No, they are not permanent.
  4. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Multiple threads, days of waiting on both servers and no dev response. Sorry but your opinion does not reassure.
    s7n7a7k7e and ShalimarTroy like this.
  5. Zephanor Active Member

How do we know this is temporary? I've not seen anything officially posted but I could have missed it. Maj'Dul is still experience long queues...
    s7n7a7k7e, ShalimarTroy and Filly67 like this.
  6. Xevran Well-Known Member

If there's a queue after the Freeport merge I just won't play, it's really that simple. You'd think an MMO that has gradually been losing players would make an effort to not drive further people away but sometimes it seems like SoE Daybreak doesn't care.
    s7n7a7k7e and Filly67 like this.
  7. Kyrieath Member

I've no sure information- but I'm personally wagering queues will likely continue on past the final merge for a couple weeks while that server gets situated. There is a logic to it I can accept- my main problem with this queue business is more certain player attitudes than the queue itself.

Hopefully, once that final merger is done and the server stabilized, the queues will vanish as mass server-jumping should be less likely. Given how many P2Ps start bouncing servers the minute one or the other of the current merged servers starts to go unstable, it's an understandable precaution, even if it means a lot of frustration for those of us who can't even get on at this point.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Holly Longdale@TheWindstalker Oct 22
    .@JoschuaS queue should be temporary. Tons of memory used as players log in the first time. Members bypass the queue though. #EQ2
    LordTiras likes this.
  9. LordTiras Well-Known Member

In addition to what Adevil posted here:
    There's also this:
    https://twitter.com/everquestii/status/657371476354584580

But hey, don't believe us if you don't want to. It's all a conspiracy and propaganda, right?
    Moonpanther and Mermut like this.
  10. SpriteGal New Member

Being blocked from playing this whole weekend (the last of a major festival), with a queue that started long before the server was even half full, is going even more backwards. This current queue was not a response to server loads, but a planned shutoff of the two merge servers at a time when it should not have been needed yet.
  11. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Well the queue sounds like it's broken and not clearing when people pass out of it, but the queue itself is there for technical reasons. I'm not sure why you don't believe that. It's not about "the server is full", it's about "The server has to do things when it's new". I thought I had seen someone say that it's due to how it processes "a character's first time login", but I can't find any quote to give on that one. The idea it's a "planned shutoff to screw non-paying players" is simply conspiracist thinking. To do something that is clearly destructive to the player base isn't going to make people pay, it's going to make them leave, and nearly anyone would get the concept of "we do this and we will get less money".
    Adevil likes this.
  12. Csipi Active Member

That is total BS. I was able to log in fine the first day of the merger. If this was the case I should be able to log in again, but what this really is a F2P LOCKOUT. Simple as that, its a fact.

DBG is probably experiencing a record low number of subs so to try to save themselves they are forcing F2P players to sub. You have to be real stupid to not see that.
    Maldek, s7n7a7k7e and Filly67 like this.
  13. kylelight Member

me too I got in fine last 2 days after the merger now today cant up to 17 hours wait
    Filly67 likes this.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

So many conspiracy theorists. Maybe I should start up a tinfoil hat business. You just need one apple to trade for each hat....if I wasn't feeling capitalistic. Now you need $15/mo for each hat.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  15. Scab New Member

On top of being in the queue all day, how many FTP accounts has actually gotten on today? I'd bet zero. I've been in the 10 hour queue for 9 hours and 15 minutes currently. It's up to 17 hours queue and it keeps refreshing every 10 seconds, likely putting me and everyone else back into the queue.

If it took 1-2 minutes for their piddly server to process just one FTP account into the game, then there should be 360-720 accounts logged in a 12 hour period. That would include anyone who got kicked to desktop and the game vanished on them.

Has anyone in the queue actually manage to log in? 360-720????
    s7n7a7k7e likes this.
  16. Skycleaner New Member

I just tried to start playing, and got put in a 10 hour+ queue. But when I was joining the game, it asked me if I wanted to be in a members only area (or something to that affect). Oh well, have fun all... lots of other games.
  17. ShalimarTroy Member

This is what Holly said back on the 22nd. This is the only message from her or EQ2 on Twitter talking about queues.

The Maj'Dul queue isn't permanent. This is temporary while the team continues to work to improve the performance of the server.
  18. StarGemini New Member

19. ShalimarTroy Member

Seems you can log on to other servers without issue. I have another free account on Antonia Bayle and got right in. So perhaps it is just a technical issue, but it seems bad for company reputation to have this glitch.
  20. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I still don't believe there should be preference, if it's going to end up affecting those that are able to log in. That part makes NO sense.