Claiming monthly 500sc

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Simkin, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Simkin New Member

Hello Daybreak. After purchasing my yearly all access account I come to find, after it's too late, that you are now requiring me to go in game and claim the 500sc points that were rightfully mine to begin with. I am so disgusted by this underhand sneaky move that I'm not even mad, but you'll never see another cent from me ever. With that I am just done.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just Wow. Dude, you start the game, the marketplace window pops up and BOOM, right there's the button to claim your DBC. This is not rocket science, nor is it climbing Mount Everest.
    Belenos and Finora like this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

You're either brand new to the game or have been away a long while. It was announced it would be this way nearly 2 years ago and it has been actually in effect for about a year and a half now.

It was neither underhanded nor sneaky in any way. They (SOE at the time) even listened to customer feed back about the new changes regarding all access and SC claim because they were originally going to give us a one purchase of up to 2000 SC per month instead but most players were very much against that.

Since you are paying by the year, one would assume you will be logging on at least once a month, it's not like you actually lose anything unless you just decide not to get on and claim up your cash. It doesn't even matter if you move to another Daybreak game, because you can claim the DBC there too and it all goes to the same pool (no doubling up anymore since old gold= all access now). It's certainly not as if it's a hidden claim your cash button either, it's right on the welcome screen. It is a reasonable sized button with the date you need to claim it (or the date the next one becomes claimable) right under it. It's not that big of a deal.
  4. Simkin New Member

If I pay I pay by the year. I shouldn't have to be required to log in to claim what was attached to my account to begin with. I will admit I did go this last year without having a paid account for the first time in many years. If it was SOE that started it so be it, but to "assume" I should log in once a month since I have a yearly account is pretty egotistical of you. I am a professional adult who doesn't play games much any more, but chooses to still support a game that has been in my life for the past 15, or so years. Who are you to say anything about how I should be? I wouldn't have been happy with SOE doing it either, but Daybreak gets the heat from me because the choose to continue it.

Either way I lost out on 500sc points for the first month since it wasn't something I've had to do for the previous years I've had yearly account, and Platinum accounts when they existed. I got suckered this year, but it won't be happening again. Not another dime.

5. pzpz Active Member

For what it's worth (0), I agree it's a cheap gimmick pointed at people not logging in or simply forgetting to take the extra step to claim. There's no point arguing with the superfans.
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I believe they mentioned way back when the change was made, that it was to comply with tax laws.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

LOL ought to check back through my post history. While I've played for years, I'm never shy about telling them exactly what I think is wrong with what they are doing. I certainly wouldn't be one that always defended their actions.

That doesn't change the fact that the OP is completely mistaken about the move that made us have to log on and claim our SC/DBC was sneaky in anyway. It was widely argued on all the forums and fairly widely covered on gaming sites.

The fact remains that they can change the benefits of all-access (they have frequently over the years, I remember when it was $30 a month and the only thing you got was access to play games.) Just like buying expansion packs, it's the players responsibility to know what they are buying. The information is available if you don't just blindly sign up and pay your money. Your chosen career path has nothing to do with it. This particular change has been in place since about the end of April 2014 and anyone who had been subbed since that time has had to log on and claim their SC/DBC monthly since then.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I got several emails from SOE at the time regarding the change prior to it happening. The wording on the all-access information was changed to reflect what they required (states 500DBC to claim each month on a great big red banner, hard to miss).

Do I LIKE having to claim it every month? No, not particularly. Was it done in a sneaky way? Absolutely not. Is it some horrible hardship to have to spend 2 minutes a month logging on to claim it? Absolutely not. If I don't play enough on any of the DB games to log on at least that long every month, getting some free fake money to buy some fake things on the market in those games really isn't going to make that big of a deal in my life.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

The policy of having to claim the 500 each month was put in place after some tax laws were changed in the US. Apparently unused DGC/SC now counts as debt in the books. Requiring players to actively claim it was an attempt to reduce the red on their balance sheet, even it it is only by a little.

It's rather hard to forget since you get spammed every time you zone if you haven't claimed it.
    Prissetta likes this.