Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

There's the ticker on the right side of the main forum screen but I"m not sure exactly how real time/accurate it is
  2. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I find it a bit difficult to understand why Twitter and Facebook take precedent over the official forums.............Or why DB can't use the forums AND social media......................
    GrunEQ, Jrel, Ahlana and 4 others like this.
  3. Raisie Member

Can we get an update please?
    Dolphinsgal likes this.
  4. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I went to the main forum screen and sure enough, I can see Holly's tweets. Unfortunately they get covered up when you are following a thread...........Thanks for pointing this out. Some of us are -- less observant. :rolleyes:
    Scrappyz likes this.
  5. Hallor New Member

The last update was about three hours ago... But they're probably having lunch now
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

This boggles my mind, too. I thought I must be the last person who still expects to find information here before checking FB. :oops:
    Breanna, Filly67 and Scrappyz like this.
  7. Zarya Member

NAMED is not that bad Raisie is it? Would be unique from other guild names right? LOL

j/k, but I do have you razzle you a bit... I know you know who this is :)
  8. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Lol no worries, you'll learn that I tend to do that for those that need it
  9. KakVander New Member

3 hours no updates? Awesome customer service DB.
    Gramma likes this.
  10. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

You are the last person, everyone else thought of it before you! =P
    Spextasy likes this.
  11. Lamatu Active Member

Its been two hours or more since they bounced the server. Without even a hourly update we're left to speculate.

Probably the main issue was housing was missing for some/alot and maybe not all the data copied over to the new server.

Next is the rename of guilds issue caused by being allowed to rename a X or Z guild back and thus causing duplicates. They could simply rollback to before they unlocked the que to fix that I guess.

Those are two of the issues I'm aware that cause the server to taken off again.
    Gramma likes this.
  12. Kurisutaru Active Member

On the main forum page, to your right, you'll find there are boxes that show Twitter (one of them showing tweets from Holly and such) and Facebook announcements. Whenever announcements go out through this media venues, they're available for everyone to see.. :)

Messages show pretty much as soon as they're available.. ;)
    Scrappyz likes this.
  13. Gramma Active Member

Daybreak locked them in the dungeon again. Those poor devs, they only get to see the light of day once a week or so.
    suka likes this.
  14. Raisie Member

LOL Meri Im sure! I just don't get it. I have the worse luck. LOL As soon as I started typing Solstice I see in blazing red across my screen that SolsticeZ is now Name according to Raisie. LMAO I was going to buy a rename potion but we got booted. I hope we come back to all reset so we are at least still SolsticeZ.
  15. Maddestmonte Member

As someone that isn't a part of this merger, but will be part of one of the other two mergers...my plan is if they say 24 hours down, wait 24 hours right? Then at the end of that, if nothing is up, start binge watching some series on TV I have always wanted to watch. Time goes very, very quickly if you just get off the computer and go do other things that can eat time.

Suggestions
    1) Go to the park, and take the dogs.
    2) Call family members, maybe your parents? A cousin you haven't talked to in a while? Especially if it's someone you haven't talked to in a while, odds are you'll have a lot to catch up on!
    3) Game of Thrones? Heroes? Big Bang Theory? Even if you don't have netflix, I bet you can find a way to watch a full season of shows.
    4) Housecleaning!
    5) Break out the PS3 and start rocking out Assassin's creed, or maybe some other computer game that you meant to do

Don't
    1) Go on facebook or twitter - that just leads back to these forums and stress and time slows down.
    2) Keep checking your login every 5 minutes.

For my part...I was on Everquest for I think 6 or 7 years as a raider, and then I quit. Now that I'm back playing, I promised myself to be waaay more casual about it. In other words I know how you guys feel, and yeah in my opinion it's a bit of a problem that I once had too. It's tough but try to take my suggestions, you'll be happier about it, trust me. There's a lot of other good things to do with your day as well.

As for me? Back to grinding to 100 as an old returning player. If I don't get there before the xpac or merger? Oh well. I have other things going on too.

I think the problem is finally getting mergers is really THAT exciting lol
    Griffon Lady, Spindle, Gramma and 2 others like this.
  16. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Good to know that it's pretty much real time :)
    Spindle and Kurisutaru like this.
  17. Katzandra Well-Known Member

SolsticeZ -- sounds like a good name for a mid summer (or winter) nap..............:confused:
  18. Senrabyn New Member

So Raisie, the guild name is just "Name" or "Name according to Raisie"? I thought we agreed we should have "Sen" someplace in there ...
  19. Maddestmonte Member

How about you name the guild Solstice of (insert server name)
    ie: Solstice of Butcherblock

That way you keep your guild name, and also get to declare a little bit of your guild's past and heritage right as soon as anyone sees your toons.
    Eradani, Prissetta and Kurisutaru like this.
  20. Raisie Member

At this point I just hope they reset the server to beginning again and we are back to SolsticeZ. lol
    suka likes this.