Terrors of Thalumbra Beta Starts Tuesday, October 20

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I tried updating my Beta folder a few times last week and things behaved a bit oddly. I began to wonder if I was copying the old time locked beta or the new one. After I copied my current Pak and Music folders to the Beta folder and tried to run an update, it began overwriting a huge hunk of the files I had just copied to the folder. I am thinking it might be wise to wait until the patch is over this morning to copy PAK and MUSIC files over to the BETA folder and wait to run the update until AFTER they say beta is good to go........ This pains me because I have slow download time and all my characters are moving to Maj'Dul today. I should have thought to ask if the beta files available before this afternoon were the ones we want to download before the day beta goes live!
  2. Bahap New Member

We look forward to hearing your feedback about Terrors of Thalumbra and seeing you on the Beta server!

Pre-ordering gives you immediate access to the Terrors of Thalumbra beta servers and Altar of the Ancients, a special housing item that grants daily XP gain. If you haven’t already pre-ordered Terrors of Thalumbra, you can do so here.[/quote]

Is the Beta Server up? When trying to log in get can not find world Free Port then it skips to Connecting to Server .. (1) then just acts like it's stuck there?
  3. Katzandra Well-Known Member

It won't be up til later today. Immediate access only applies after beta goes live.
    Spindle likes this.
  4. Raistlin New Member

AHHHHH!!!!! I can't wait any longer lol. Hope it is up and running soon super excited. Wonder what kind of things we can earn this time around for the live servers.
    LithiumDragoness likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't see a new Beta sub-forum yet. When is that expected to debut?
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

Has there been any word regarding the "Beta Rewards" that were being discussed? It was mentioned in the ToT livestream that there may be some like there were for previous betas. If there are I might just pre-order. If not, meh.
  7. dngrmse Active Member

For a limited time, during, and after beta, all participants will be able to give me lots of plats! That's the reward.

Haha. Just kidding. It's not for a limited time.
  8. GrrOucH New Member

Well.. Here it is.. Tuesday Afternoon the 20th and still no sign of a beta. How about an update from a dev about an expected time for the start of the beta?
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

Well it IS only 5 minutes past noon at their offices.
    Spindle likes this.
  10. Gninja Developer

Beta server is unlocked now.
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

Any news on beta rewards? Yes, no, maybe, TBA?
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

you still have a couple of hours for early afternoon it is only 12:16 PST, patience young padawan
  13. Roshen Well-Known Member

No really, it's open now ^_^
    Awkk, Feldon, Prissetta and 6 others like this.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

so I noticed but have they disabled live copies I Don't want to buff up a ranger I want to use my ranger to test and feedback based on what she has now not what you give us
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Yes it's up, but /beta is not working and still disabled.
    I feel naked with yellow gear on a beta-buffed character.
    So let us know when we can copy.
  16. Gninja Developer

Copies will not be enabled until thursday
    Kurisutaru, Awkk and Feldon like this.
  17. LithiumDragoness New Member

Just being back in game after a little break.. and im soo soo sooooooo excited to be on a non-dead server. And ~~~BONUS~~~ Beta preview!! eeekkk soo happy!!!
    Spindle likes this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

you won't get the best feedback then since you won't have toons in as they will be or close to what they will be geared in to test it.
  19. Tinrae Member

So I created a Channeler beta character as that is what my current main live character is - and the Channeler Buff Box gives me chain armor, which not very useful to a leather-wearer. :p
    Adevil likes this.
  20. Karsa Active Member

To patch and get into the Beta servers:
    • Open your station Launchpad
    • In the top-left corner, click the 'Version' link which will open the 'Select Game Version' panel
    • Choose 'Beta' in the drop-down menu and then hit 'Apply' to begin patching
    • Hit 'Play' once the patching completes
    i've done this and hit play and then i get black screen --- "EQ2 Client Application has stopped working"---:(