I'm losing my guild name to inactive guilds?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Edelphia, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I am a leader in Phoenix Rising on the Oasis server. We have 144 accounts, many of those are active on at least a weekly basis, if not daily. We were created 3/29/13 and are level 100.

Phoenix Rising of Butcherblock server has 4 accounts and was last updated with someone logging in on 10/28/2014. This guild was created on 7/3/2006 and is level 27.

Phoenix Rising of Crushbone server has 2 account and the last person to log in there was 2/10/2012. This guild was created on 1/1/2005 and is level 11.

If the "rules" for keeping a guild name only had to do with the date the guild was formed, Then I lost my guild name and 144 accounts need to come up with a new name. But if the rules that apply to player names apply, then the most recently updated guild would keep the name and you would have 144 grateful player accounts.

According to EQ2wire, our guild is going to lose it's name to a guild that has not been active for 3 years.:mad: I don't see this as being fair. I hope I am wrong in this and will be pleasantly surprised come Wednesday morning when I log in.

I petitioned with this information and was told to post it in forums where a DEV would see it. You would think customer service would be able to pass on information when someone goes to the trouble to research something for you.
    DraggoX, Coriel, Livejazz and 4 others like this.
  2. Raisie Member

I petitioned for this reason too. I am the leader of Solstice, a level 100 guild, on Oasis. We have almost 900 accounts and a very active guild. I'm very proud of our guild name and have worked hard to keep our guild going through the downward spiral this game took during the summer. We are set to lose our guild name to a guild that is inactive with 6 accts. All because they are older then us? Really? I had petitioned a GM on this two weeks ago. He responded that guilds would be treated the same as character names and take activity into the name factor. He said that he looked at the other Solstice and we should be fine. I'm not so sure. When looking on Maj Dul I see our guild name with SolsticeZ and the inactive guild name Solstice.

So it seems that guild names won't be treated the same as character names after all and I find this very disheartening. I do not even care about my toons names. Our guild is a great group of members and an awesome community. It's really not fair to have our name taken from us and let some inactive guild get to keep it.. This active guilds are what keeps this game going. Please do something about this. Let's show some appreciation for the guilds that keep EQ2 going and active. Thank you.
    DraggoX, Coriel and Jsnappy like this.
  3. Elinea Well-Known Member

According to the FAQ, both guilds will have a name change offered:

Q: How will you handle guild names?

A: Guild names will be handled similarly to character names. If two or more guilds have the same name, we will append "X" to conflicting guilds and both guilds will be offered a free guild name change. If there is no leader in your guild, you'll need to /petition to initiate a vote for a new leader.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Raisie Member

Well how will that work if both are offered name change. If we are are offered change can i change it to Solstice without the Z? Or is it just taking my guild name away and letting me rename it to something entirely different. If we log in first can we hurry and chose Solstice thereby leaving the inactive guild without the name? I don't want a new guild name or name change. I want to keep the guild name that I've worked so hard on keeping for years.

According the the GM email I received, guild names were going to be same as character names, taking activity into consideration. Now it doesn't look like that will happen.
    DraggoX and Livejazz like this.
  5. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Raisie (/wave ;)) I would have no problem bowing to a small guild with the same name, if they were active! Our guild is not as large as Solstice, but I know exactly how Raisie feels. If activity determines who gets to keep character names, then it should be the same for guilds. According to the faq, "guild names will be determined similarly to character names". Time will tell if Daybreak lives up to it's nickname of Daybroke.
    DraggoX, Coriel and Livejazz like this.
  6. Toran Member

At the minimum, I would hope they would give the name to the guild that was created 1st and has at least 6 accounts that have logged a character that is in that guild in within the last day.
    DraggoX likes this.
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

In the example given by the OP, if all guilds with conflicting names have an x added to their name and are given a name change potion, then the active guild would be able to change their name back to not having the x, wouldn't it?
    DraggoX and Elinea like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

As I understand it it is supposed to work that both guilds get X'd and both get a rename potion. The first guild leader on to use the potion to reclaim the original name gets the original name & the other guild has the x and either has to keep the X or renamed themselves.
  9. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I hoe it all works out OK for you guys. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya!
    DraggoX and Finora like this.
  10. Elinea Well-Known Member

This is what I was thinking they meant by the activity determining who gets the name. If you are active, and log in to find your guild name with an X, and a guild name change potion in your inventory, then I'd have to say hurry up and rename your guild to the same name, minus the X.
    DraggoX, Katz and Prissetta like this.
  11. Enymac Member

Same thing for Bloodlust of the Oasis server.

Bloodlust is level 100 has 579 accounts and was formed 2005 on June 11th we were part of the Oasis server.
    We have had our name changed to Bloodlustzx. I have been an active member with various accounts since it's inception.

The guild that got to keep the name of Bloodlust was formed 2005 on March 20th it is level 4, it has 4 accounts,
    and it has not been active for about a DECADE. It was last known as a Butcherblock guild.

I am the guild leader of Bloodlust and I am far from pleased with this decision.

Some of us have bought URL's based on our guild names.

Guild names should have been based on activity level, like say the last time an officer of the guild logged in, not on creation date.
    Reward the active players, don't punish us because somebody created and quit a guild over a decade ago.
    Feldon, DraggoX, Coriel and 4 others like this.
  12. Enymac Member

My other guild leader came on first and renamed the guild to Bloodlust with the rename potion. She was successful, but there was some type of reset. We were reset back to Bloodlustzx. Not sure why this happened.
    I bought a guild renaming potion for 2400 station cash (minus discount) and was not able to change the guild name back to Bloodlust.
    I am very frustrated with this.
    We are a very active guild and have been for a decade. The other guild from the other server has not been played in over a decade. We checked up on it about 8 or 9 years ago, when we were curious about other guilds with the same name.
    Feldon, DraggoX and Coriel like this.
  13. enada Member

I lost my guild name "havoc" to a level 3 guild named havoc created in 2004.so a level 3 guild created 11 years ago(clearly inactive)takes the guild name away from a level 100 guild(clearly active) and the answer from caith is they were created 1st.i have entered in the name of every character in that level 3 guild on my friends list(data block does not block friends list) and been watching for ANY of them to log in period.i have sent every member of the guild created in 2004 ingame mail,no replies as of yet.i am giving DBG every opportunity to substansiate giving a dead guild name prefferance,
  14. DraggoX Member

Triad of Crushbone will also throw it's name on this thread too! If anyone has tried using the name change potion with success please let me know.
    Feldon and Coriel like this.
  15. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard of any new answer to this issue? Last I heard was after Caith came onto Maj'dul and seemed to not be aware of an issue, then Holly was on a day or two later and said she and Caith were looking into it. An update on the issue would be nice, since no one from either one of the two guilds with our guild's name have logged in since the merge. The FAQ clearly states that guild names were going to be handled like character names. Can we PLEASE get a DEV to respond?
  16. Pauly Well-Known Member

yep.. lost my guild name to a lvl 9 guild that hasn't been active since eq2u went up.
  17. Raisie Member

Roshen responded to one of the threads last week about it. Said the guild names go to the oldest guild and that's that. Doesn't matter if they havent logged in.
    Feldon likes this.
  18. Badhealer Active Member

I know that a number of guilds on HoF were able to get their names back from inactive guilds, not sure what process they did.
  19. Laiina Well-Known Member

Our guild from Oasis lost out to a level 7 guild where nobody had logged on for at least 6 years, and had 5 toons, 2 accounts. We finally gave up trying to get our name back after 2 weeks. Stupid decision on DBG's part how they handled guild names.
  20. Uncle Active Member

yup just got a email back from a gm the same thing as opening post
    cant give you your guild named genesiszz with out the z's