Where do i find my saved user interface settings in eq2 folder?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Aran Anar, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

Hello , I am trying to place my custom user interface and keyboard, and display settings into a file so I can copy it and have it on my USB 16gig jump drive. Where does the game put a saved file and does it show up what you name it?

I named and saved my UI settings while playing ever quest 2 from the options menu on the bottom of window there it has save and load. Looking in the Everquest 2 folder on my computer where do I find my file so I can copy and paste it into my jump drive?

Any help here be really nice thank you :D
  2. pzpz Active Member

servername_charactername_eq2_uisettings.xml in your eq2 directory has the basic ui layout and display settings iirc, keyboards/ may have custom keymaps (not sure).
  3. Aran Anar Active Member

Ok where is the eq2 directory found ? I found my everquest 2 fiolder on the computer .:confused:
  4. Jakaan Member

The directory refers to the place (folder) where you have EQ2 installed. If you are unsure, right click on your EQ2 icon and select "Open File Location".
  5. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

It's the Everquest 2 folder just drop it in there not in the UI folder just in the root folder. ie, C:/windows/everquest II folder or whatever your path happens to be.
  6. Aran Anar Active Member

Ok found that ! So now where do I find my nice new Custom Saved Options folder I named and saved while playing everquest 2 ???? :eek:
  7. Aran Anar Active Member

OK I found it thank guys :D
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

It doesn't save keymaps, they are in the /keyboards folder, nor layout configs (colours etc.), which are in the /layout folder.
    @OP
    If you are saving this to a flash drive so you can play on a pc elsewhere, you might also want to save
    eq2.ini
    eq2_recent.ini
    which are in the same folder as your UI settings folder.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Flameweaver, do you know if there is a slash command for saving layout configs? /save_layout saves the layout of items in your house... TIA!
  10. flameweaver Well-Known Member

There isn't a specific command, but this is what I do: [Assumes you have keymaps and colors as you want them]
    1. In Game
      1. /save_colors my_default_colors.ini [will save in /Layouts folder]
      2. /save_keymaps my_default_keymap.ini [will save in /Keyboards folder]
      3. From the Option menu, use the option to change the default layout to Other. [I can't remember precisely where it is, as I can't get into the game right now, but should be easy to find. Keyboard settings I think.]
    2. Logout, then:
    3. in /Layouts folder copy EQ2_Default.cfg to My_Default_Other.cfg (copy, save then rename the copied file )
    4. Edit the new My_Default_Other.cfg such that.
      1. name=Other
      2. options= [leave blank]
      3. uisettings [leave blank]
      4. colors=my_default_colors.ini
      5. keymaps=my_default_keymap.ini
    5. Go to EQ2 folder and edit eq2_recent.ini
      1. find the line cl_configuration_file and change to be cl_configuration_file My_Default_Other.cfg [If it doesn't exist - just copy the line in - I don't think it makes any difference where, but in my eq2_recent.ini is immediately below the line "last_selected_char_id"
    I use the eq2_recent_file to force the layout/keymaps for all characters, it's more reliable that /load_colors & load_keymaps, which you can use in game, but tend to revert to EQ2's view what should be default whenever I switch between accounts and/or logout.

One last thing - right click on the new eq2_recent.ini file and tick the read only checkbox, otherwise Launchpad (PITA that it is) will delete it and download the "standard version".

Hope this helps with what you are trying to achieve. Also this works regardless of region or server, which means I won't have to spend hours setting up layout/keymaps for Beta. Also, whilst on the subject of beta, remember to copy the server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini files to your /BetaServer folder to save having to set them up again.

As for editing, all the files are simple text files, so notepad.exe is as good as anything else.
    Good Luck
    Juraiya likes this.