Norrath is a Silly Place (with Killer Rabbits)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Kurisutaru Active Member

The rabbits could use better scaling. But, for me, it's been a fun event. Thank you! :)

That's a good one.. ROFL! :p

Feedback: Perhaps next time, rabbits could drop rabbit meat, like in EQ1. And a new achievement, after killing x amount, could reward a recipe for a rabbit stew pot (it would make for a nice house item!). The meat could be used for crafting said recipe(s).. :D
    Griffon Lady and FriggaWitch like this.
  2. Enoibia Well-Known Member

It was fun on my lvl 94 wizzy but I can't seem to kill them on any of my lower toons. Anyone got a strategy?
    Spindle likes this.
  3. Cinnamon Active Member

Only Zone that I know of that spawns them being less than 3 Arrows up is in Zek. The safest place if under 30 is over the by the Greenhoods where the pond is. If higher then 30+, the whole zone has them especially around the mining area
    Kurisutaru and Enoibia like this.
  4. Cinnamon Active Member

Any chance before Tuesday making these beastlord tamable? Us with BL sure missing getting new ones and haven't for sometime now if I recall...and these Killer Bunnies would of been neat!
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  5. Spindle Well-Known Member

The bunnies on Lavastorm beach are preeeety tricky. I swear one threw a stink bomb to blind me before he chewed my throat out!

Arghhhh! One just tag teamed me with the Fire Toad!.

Not as bad as the group in Zek. Y'all know that group, the one that just waits at the revive spot? Grrrrr.
  6. Erikk New Member

I was questing in BB today and was killed several times by the heroic bunnies. They kill my pet in one hit, then me in two. They run so fast and hit so hard I have no means of escape. They mostly stayed outside the quest hub area so I could run around them on my way out, but a couple hours ago they started killing the guards and other npc's, then proceeded to hang out right at the spot people respawn. No point logging back in till Wednesday if I cant do anything but sit there dead.

Man, I pick the worst times to resub to games...
    Belenos likes this.
  7. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

The most effective way I found to destroy them, if you are a level 95 or less is hire a merc. Since I am a 95 dirge, I hired Keyrin Curetouch from GF who is a Warden and had her on standby while I killed those foul beast in Antonica. If your are on Unrest server PST me and I'll try to help you. The easy part is dying, but the hard part is surviving and conquering. In fact I had to constantly use my own heals to prevent them from wiping out Keyrin and me.
  8. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Cinnamon, thank you! I took a lvl 20 to that area in Zek, with a merc and was able to kill a rabbit, which spawned without the 3 arrows up. Now I can help my lvl 16 friend who really, really wants the slayer helm.
    Griffon Lady, Kurisutaru and Spindle like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You could group with some people for bunny slaying.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The bunnies commemorate the 40th anniversary of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which was released in 1975 (and dang, doesn't that make me feel old!) I expect they'll be here but a short time.

"That's no ordinary rabbit! That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!"

Griffon Lady, Kurisutaru and Spindle like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok that's it I tried with my level 92 and all it took was 6 hits and I died too
    bring in the cavalry, bring in the raid call, bring in the wild wolfs ,tigers or bears this fluff balls are unstoppable
    If you don't want to loose all your gravel ( the bite hard enough they eat it for rock candy )
    DO something :(:eek:o_O:confused: bring all monsters to safety. nobody is save

I would like to give this a try again some other time when Daybreak is not as busy as they are now, but the way it is now this event is just not doable for normal casual players.
    Thanks for the fun anyway , but I will be happy when its over.
    Belenos and bugs like this.
  12. Enoibia Well-Known Member

It ends tomorrow, Schmettering.

Go to Zek, near the pool (Three Toes Pond?) where the Greenhoods are and you will be able to kill the rabbits as they don't spawn 3 arrow up.
    Spindle likes this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know that makes me happy and sad at the same time it was something special they did with those bunnies
    Spindle likes this.
  14. Belenos Well-Known Member

If you ever do this again, two things:

1. Please do not do it in the middle of another important, once-a-year event like NotD and have the bunnies running around in the very place we must go for NotD quests. I am a huge fan of Monty Python too (Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah!!) but the world is a big place and could accommodate all.

2. Make the bunnies scale properly. I know you can do it because the level 1 skeletons that hang around during NotD all scale UP properly. If this was done properly, #1 would not be as important.

I really feel these rabbits were "built" as level 100s and then they just scale down a certain percentage each level. However, our toons do not scale up as they level by a flat amount. The problem is our toons get a huge boost when we go 89 to 90, but if the bunny scales down by a set percentage, it would keep the majority of that level 89-90 bump that toons do not have. I believe that is why the bunny I fought at level 73 seemed to have the HP of a demi-god. It had far more HP than an X2 raid mob meant for two groups of players.
    Enoibia likes this.
  15. Shadowspawn New Member

Thought the killer bunny thing was supposed to end today. Haven't played in the past few days due to constant dying, so popped in tonight into Lavastorm and 'boom' instant death by bunny again. How much longer is this event going on or are the death rabbits a permanent fixture now? Just curious....
  16. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact, I only have time to log in and do the daily most days due to classes/homework/stagecraft/house and family stuff, but I stayed up to get the achievements on my decorator toon (realllly wanted both helms from the bunnies!). I'm a full time student, full time wife, full time mom, and am currently working on a 7 foot tall plush version of a transformer, complete with LED eyes. What fascinating things do you do other than claim an event that runs a few days (and in my opinion, is the coolest and most spontaneous thing that has happened in EQ2, and I'm not just saying that because I love Monty Python) has "ruined the game". Can you honestly say that your claim of "ruined" was not a bit over the top, drama wize?
    Kurisutaru, Enoibia, Awkk and 2 others like this.
  17. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

It was the anniversary of the release of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I guess you could do it a month before or after, but generally speaking, anniversary celebrations are on the date of the thing they are celebrating. >.>
    http://www.montypython.com/news_HGscreenings/193

I do agree though. They didn't scale as well as they could have, but I'm guessing it's because they had this awesome spontaneous idea and the anniversary was incoming. This inconsistency in adjusting mobs to player levels is why (as I understand it) the agnostic dungeons don't work for all levels. I remember trying DMS on a lvl 20 toon, getting my **** pixels handed to me, then logging in my lvl 80 and mopping the DM without stopping except to wait for mana. It's a tricky old game to get adjustments to work properly... (or did they give in to the shiong mao niao that complained about how no one needs groups and how they want grouping to be forced?)

However, I've been running around in lowbie zones just to see how the horror (The INHUMANNIITTEEEE!!!!) fairs, and aside from a few times where I died because I wasn't paying attention (I did part of the Qho quest to give myself a good way to "accidentally" run into bunnies), I was fully able to avoid all bunnies.

I guess I should be more considerate of those who will spontaneously combust if they don't find something to complain about, like miss/mister "They ruined the GAME!" :p
    Enoibia likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know but I had a feeling they nerved the bunnies a little so they would not come to bite your head of from around a mile radius so its a lot easier to avoid them
    I thought only the test server still had them its possible they are so busy creating Maj'Dul that the killer bunnies just stayed up a little longer
    in my opinion the bunny hat is so much more girly the victor hat is soooo dark knight I got one on my pretty fay and it looks all wrong on her
    I wished those things where at least heirloom so I could give it to my zerker
    I needed help to kill the 50 rabbits and I had no problems to die on my level 91 heroic toon
    after I took her gear of she died after only one or two hits
    about those bunnies still being here :D I can finish the quest on one of my toons that I wanted to do it on.
    I think most likely the bunnies stay until the new server is up and working than we get moonlight enchantment and Beta too so we all can enjoy it
    Enoibia likes this.