An Important Update Regarding our Support Website

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by TSR-SeanF, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armageddoux Active Member

I had some problems too!

retried some days after and survyed my spam directory. Had an answer and could complete my account. No more problems after that, but I must recognize that I did not what happened the first time (was pretty sure ther were no spam from the issue site blocked by my eMail address)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Merriyel New Member

Why is there not a way for paying members to contact customer support via telephone? The old contact number just redirects us to use the support site, but with a four to five day or longer response time, this is just completely unacceptable service to paying members, depending upon the situation. I don't mind the four to five day wait time when it's something in-game or quest related, but when it comes to not having ANY access to my ALL-ACCESS account, I want a way to contact someone immediately. Thank you!
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Best guess is that Daybreak doesn't have the budget to pay for call center support staff.
  4. Vlangdel New Member

My experience with the SOE and now Daybreak Game site works like this.

You put in a ticket. A deamon sends you a reply almost immediately to check knowledge base information x, y, and z.

I personally have never had x, y, or z related to my question. I guess it is possible that the daemon does successfully answer some people's questions.

If you want to talk to a real person, you have to reply to the daemon. Like I said, it responds almost immediately, so once you place the ticket, then go look up your ticket. If the daemon has time to respond, then their response is there.
    Open that and see what the daemons says, then immediately reply to the daemon's reply if the knowledge base info doesn't help you.

At that point, you want to make sure you get a response so check back with the site and check your open tickets. If it has been like 3 days (it might actually be 48 hours, it has been a while since I placed a DGC ticket), then make another reply to the last thing that is listed for that ticket - which might still be your reply to the daemon.

And, yes, keep going back to check it and keep replying to the last thing listed every couple of days until you get start getting replies from customer service.

Then do the same thing - check every couple of days, and sent another reply to your last message if you haven't had contact back from customer service.

Keep doing this until your problem is resolved.

Is it a pain? Yes.

Is this what I have done multiple times to get problem resolved? Yes.
    And it works.
    Eldann and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's not quite right. Once you create a /petition, either in-game or online, you will get an automated response that says basically "we have received your petition and will work ion it Real Soon Now".

You don't have to do anything else at that point. Usually in the next day a GM will deal with the ticket. If they have questions, they may send you back the question via the petition/email. I've had GMs pop into game and ask me questions about some problems. For Community Standards petitions (people acting badly), usually you get a response back the next day or so that says, "we are dealing with the problem and due to privacy we won't tell you what we did".
  6. Eradani Well-Known Member

i was under the impression that if you didn't update your petition after you got the auto-reply that they'd consider the problem fixed and just file it somewhere.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Vlangdel like this.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Correct. Their new system automatically replies with a suggestion from the knowledge base, and if you don't update your ticket within X amount of time it assumes you've fixed it and marks your petition as solved.
  8. Vlangdel New Member

It looks like there are a couple of people that agree with me.

Perhaps you are well known and they look out for information from you. Perhaps the customer service for EverQuest II is better than for other was-SOE/DB games.

I haven't made any petitions through EverQuest II or at the customer service site in regards to EverQuest II.
    I have, however, done quite a bit of contact with customer service in regards to other was-SOE/DB games, and the information I stated has rung true for me.

I stand by what I posted.
  9. Tylia Well-Known Member

I filed a petition last week, and I still have not received even an automated response. :(

EDIT: I did not receive an automated response in my email, but when I logged in to my account and went to the Support page, there was an automated response posted there. I was watching for the response in my email, and did not realize it would just be posted on to my petition on the Support page instead.
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

You should have been notified via email. But SOE/Daybreak's email system has always been screwy :(
  11. Vlangdel New Member

12. Easily Lost New Member

Well there is no category I could find for half of my characters now missing from the character select screen. So I had to submit it for one character. I wonder if I should submit an individual ticket for the other two I remember the names?
  13. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Are you on Crushbone, Unrest or Permafrost? Those are down.
    E.Nyx.X likes this.
  14. KaiskDarkPhoenix Member

I had a weird problem with my acct just a few seconds ago. I have 13 toons on Permafrost and all but 4 were gone, but I relogged in and everything is as it should be. I was seconds away from sending a support ticket to DBG and I did send a tweet to DBG support. I wonder if this has anything to do with the server mergers about to happen? At first, I thought someone hacked my acct. o_O
  15. KaiskDarkPhoenix Member

You sure about that? I'm playing on Permafrost right now.
    This is really odd...:confused:
  16. KaiskDarkPhoenix Member

Oh joy, it did it again! It only left Kaisk, Dairyqueen, Tiamaaht, and Erikkaa. What the heck is going on?
  17. E.Nyx.X New Member

I am on Crushbone and have logged and relogged multiple times, and still all but four of my toons are missing. When I first log in it says the server is down. After a couple minutes, it comes up, but the other toons are still gone and if I try to play as one of the four visible ones, it says "the server could not find your character, please exit and rerun the launcher." o_O
    KaiskDarkPhoenix likes this.
  18. KaiskDarkPhoenix Member

I'm gonna try again. I can't believe this! I've never had problems like this before. I wonder if it has something to do with the mergers coming up?
  19. KaiskDarkPhoenix Member

Everything's back to normal...for now...
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's an old bug with it showing only four toons. There's some simple fix, but darn if I can remember it. I THINK what was happening was that the file {LoginName_characters.ini got borked, so renaming it or deleting it fixed the problem, because when you started the Launcher the next time, it created the file anew.

I believe FTP players have fewer character slots than AllAccess, so if your account type has changed, that might be it instead.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.