Petamorph wands

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Leetch, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Leetch Member

First off I'd like to say that I really like the pet illusions. I have a bunch of free ones and a bunch I have bought from the marketplace.

There are however a few things I think would improve them:

1) Illusion don't persist through death
    By far my biggest issue is that the pet illusions do not persist through the death of either the pet or the player. I know I can recast the pet illusion again but this is painful to say the least and I think the illusion dropping on death is just about making the pet illusion pointless / too much hassle. If you can fix anything, please fix this!

2) Wands take too much space
    I like my pet illusions and have so many of them. The problem is that I would need a whole bag in my inventory to hold them all. Can we somehow consolidate these?

3) Wands are hard to identify in bags
    The raid is getting boring and I want to pull out the sheep illusion. Since all the wands look the same in my bag, I need to mouse over each to try and see which one I want or even, heaven forbid, /finditem.

4) Petamorph save for each pet
    It would be awesome if we could set a default illusion for each pet. i.e. one for my scout pet, one for my mage, one for my fighter.

Suggestions:
    1) Make pet illusions persist through death! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

2) An ability to "scribe" a petamorph wand/spell would be awesome. I could then pull out my spellbook and find my (alphabetically sorted?) petamorph spell to cast. Limited charge wands could disappear from the spellbook once consumed.

3) Another option to the petamorph spells might be to have a single petamorph spell that can be dropped on a hotbar like the summoner pet selector or even the beastlord warder selector.

4) Right-click the pet and select illusion (or in the alt+p pet window)?

That is all I can think off right now. I know pet illusions are "fluff" but I'm sure some of the feature requests above would be welcomed by all pet classes. It might even encourage more people to buy more illusions from the marketplace!
    Aelissa, ConcealFate and Neiloch like this.
  2. Muffincookie Active Member

The ability to turn off "pet-sounds" pls.

Where can you get these wands other than from the market ?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd also like petamorph wands to go back to being 18 hours, or better yet, be permanent once cast. I have a DBG Issue Tracker Ticket open on this one, please go upvote it!
    Neiloch and Juraiya like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Petamorph wands drop in Shard of Love, are available from many holiday festivals, etc. Look on the broker, there are LOTS available, usually at very low prices.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Oh I would love this. I think I sent a feedback about this or something similar some time back.

Scribe or a 'keyring' type thing, something to keep them from clogging up our bags.
  6. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I have lots of petamorph wands and they are just taking up room in my bags/bank. It would be nice if you earned one of these you just were given the ability to change your pet into whatever you have earned.
    Alyndrys, Finora and Xianthia like this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

My son says he wishes it worked kind of like the bauble of holidays past. One item you click that gives you a whole list of the ones you have collected to choose from. OR possibly like the way pet appearance works for necros & conjurors.

Heck, at this point, it might be time consider a pet appearance panel where you scribe the wands much like you do with familiars.
    Xianthia and Alyndrys like this.
  8. Gojiria Member

I just throw them away when they drop. Useless fluff, IMO. Would prefer worthwhile items I don't watch become obsolete after every season.