When new servers go live you will no longer be able to box accounts on one computer?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by redwoodtreesprite, Oct 1, 2015.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I can't find a mention of this on the EQ2 twitter page. I want to know, IS THIS TRUE???

I only two-box, with the lead character doing all the fighting. And often I craft or gather on one account while the other account adventures. I use the same computer for this.

Please. if this is being considered, don't do it!
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

Seen/heard something during twitch today about this. Have no idea where it came from or if it's legit.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

I love random blind nonsense quotes.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

But...he heard it on the internet...Has to be true.
    Kalderon and Filly67 like this.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I saw this post earlier and looked up some of Holly's tweets, the closest I can find is these ones

https://twitter.com/thewindstalker/status/643927497596211200

The way I'm reading it (of course open to interpretation until clearly stated) is that in the future there will be a new server being opened and on that server there won't be any boxing. Maybe it's my misreading this or the original poster of the info not even referencing this at all...

EDIT (before timer runs out and to allow for proper information reading) - as Feldon pointed out just below my post, these tweets are referencing EverQuest (not EQ2).
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

Holly did want to say something about a new server (sounded like Tanaris) during the livestream, but Roshen said it wasn't even for EQ2, and pretty much cut her off.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yes. For EverQuest.
    Finora likes this.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

hahahah totally missed that! So glad you caught and said that right away as I was wondering how this was all going to pan out
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Vunder Well-Known Member

Ahh i see its EQ

Bring it on to EQ2 ill reroll on a non-boxing server.
  10. Stabaholic Active Member

Sorry guys, I missed the EQ1 part of that too.
  11. Avirodar Well-Known Member

That's an incredibly fascinating concept for EQ1, especially as a special rule server.

While this may result in some situations where some people aren't able to play on the special ruleset server, for example, multiple family members in the same house playing the same game, I believe enough people would be interested to make it rather viable if attempted in EQ2.
    Jaden likes this.
  12. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Nothing in what they've laid out for EQ1 would prevent multiple people in the same household from playing the same game at the same time. They've said it's simply a one client per computer lock. (with all the obvious pro's, con's, and workaround that come with that approach)
    Jaden and Feldon like this.
  13. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Here's the thing though, the most convenient workaround is illegal according to the EULA. Controlling multiple PCs with a single master computer running 3rd party software might be easy to track too. Hopefully the CID tracker they're planning to use is enough to stop the bulk of the boxing, that would be great if you do not need to be a subber to play it -- would probably get back into it and level from scratch lol.
  14. Mayble New Member

wish that would come to e2, I would reroll on that server too.
    Jaden likes this.
  15. Muph Active Member

Yes that's what we need, to split the population even more. Let's have two servers with hardly any population!
    Xevran, Wirewhisker and Ruckus like this.
  16. pzpz Active Member

17. Adevil Well-Known Member

18. pzpz Active Member

good to know.
  19. Stabaholic Active Member

Ya it was a joke.
  20. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I don't like the implications of this.

One can scarcely expect it to stay confined to one server on one game.