Estate of Unrest Prestige House coming for NOTD!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cheribomb, Sep 15, 2015.

1. suka Well-Known Member

nice job - i love it. - and you can change the trees with the season. just use the willows. there are willows for each season and even dead ones. and of course there are the lovers cedars as well.
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

it's not about personal. it's that she is assuming that there is a 'clean' version of the house that they just need to flip a switch to turn on. and there's not. to get the house you guys would like, they'd have to entirely re-texture the house which I assure you is no small task.

the whole point of introducing the Estate of Unrest at Halloween is precisely because it's a blood soaked, spooky, haunted and cursed place. it would be like them introducing the Magical Wonderland from frostfell as a house at christmas, and me going 'it's a pretty place, but instead of ice and snow, you should really make a version that's green grass with a more spring or summer look'.

the very identity of the Estate is the horrible mass murder that took place there. So terrible that the Goddess of Tranquility cursed Garanel himself, AND every like 3rd generation of his family that is to bear his name. ( you learn that in the dwarven work boots heritage) It would be like turning alcatraz into a hotel.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

for wallpaper- try using rugs. and you can use pictures for nice huge areas or windows - like here i used the dragconic rugs to cover some walls. use your imagination- there is a lot in the game already.

[IMG]
  4. suka Well-Known Member

she doesn't seem to be assuming anything. she is only presenting her idea. they just created the house. they didn't take a zone and copy it to a house. no one says anything is a small task, but she isn't breaking any imaginary rules in asking for it. she has as much right to ask for it as anyone in the game has a right to present ideas and ask. you never know when some dev might consider it to be a good idea. to put her down for asking is unreasonable and not right.

moreover, this is a fantasy game. anything can happen here. there are no set rules in a fantasy.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

uwk, i have more problems using the notepad version than i do using the layout editor. i find the notepad confusing and i hate looking through long lists of numbers trying to figure out the right one. i have to work on things with layout editor and i don't get it to do the awesome things some people do, but at least i find it easy to understand once i started using it.

i suggest starting small, experimenting in an empty house, and using it mostly to line things up and make them all the same size when you first start playing with it. don't see it as an answer to everything. just play with it for some of the more crucial areas of decorating - how often have you tried to make everything the same size and they still seemed a bit off?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

have you been to unrest? the house is the zone. top to bottom. they took the zone, took all the mobs and script out of it (save a few clickies things here and there) and put up as a house. there isn't a 'clean' version to add to the marketplace, and asking them to make one considering the work involved is frankly insulting.

they gave a really cool halloween themed house for the holiday, and her first words on it is basically 'it's not good enough, because the halloween house isn't clean and pretty'. Telling her to appreciate that they gave a neat house for halloween, and not complain about it, is perfect reasonable. informing her she's wrong about there being a 'clean' version, is reasonable.

and there are rules in a fantasy game. all game worlds have rules. stories and histories that make up their past and make certain things signifigant. the signifigance of the Estate of Unrest is the multiple brutal murders that happened due to the influence of Cazic Thule that was so gruesome and horrid that Quellious cursed the killer and his family line for it. that's what makes Unrest, Unrest. and maybe I wouldn't be so harsh if it was after the holiday and someone said, that was a cool thing for halloween, can we get a 'clean' version? rather then 'oh look you gave us an awesome halloween house, but screw that, I want a clean one so it'll look pretty'. the house just came out, and the first thing that gets done is complain about it's not a pristine home, when it's the estate of friggin unrest, sight of one of the most brutal and well known mass murders in Norrath's history.
    Spindle likes this.
  7. d1anaw Well-Known Member

There is already a gory, bloody, messy house that is the same house. Why not have a cleaned up version as well? Why does everything have to be your way or no way?
    Emesh and suka like this.
  8. Margaritas Active Member

You don't need to use the layout editor at all to get the place cleaned up. I hate using it and I don't. Cleaning up the walls is easy with the in-game housing editor.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Well now, you could direct your guests to the areas you want them to see, by blocking off certain areas and just using teleports to guide them through where you want. Thus cutting down on the items needed AND there is the added bonus of later using those closed off areas for something entirely different. Especially if you use the layout editor or notepad. Simply save original layout. Pack everything up and make it all different and save under a different name. Then you can simply load what you want when you want. hummmm :D. But I do wish they could up the count.

There is an issue with load times and frame rates being brought down when there are too many items in a house.
    Merriel, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Lol, I also used the fall colored vesspry trees outside...makes everything "pop" and works well with the dead looking trees as it is fall going into winter and many trees loose their leaves...so it works. :D
  11. Margaritas Active Member

Yesssss those threes are the best.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

sorry - misread. it. i agree with you totally
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Emesh like this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

if you had bothered to read my other posts, you would have seen where this was my favorite zone here and in eq1. i think you are raging in a way that isn't even necessary. the rules that apply to zones don't really seem to apply to houses. go back and look at them. we are talking about a house- not a zone. a fantasy at that. there is no rule that says they can't put out a cleaned up version. just like there are not rules that say everything in the game has to be ragged and ugly. and ragging her about her suggestion is not reasonable. the tone of this thread has become quite bullying and i hate bullying

moreover, you are beginning to remind me of people who think that if anyone gets something they want, it will ruin the game for you. a house is not a game-breaker. it is a decorator's fun luxury- nothing more

also the way people accuse people of complaining when they put out a suggestion begins to sound like you were the one who created it and are upset because she wanted it to be a bit different. she has every right to make suggestions, voice her opinions, and ask for something different. that shouldn't upset you so much. maybe you have something else going on. but it doesn't mean she is complaining. it means, quite simply, that she would love a different version of it. it is not the end of the world. why are you so mad at her for making suggestions and exercising her rights of free speech? you seem quite confident that it is ok for you to speak out and voice your opinions, but i guess others don't have that right and yours is the only opinion that matters?
    Emesh and Moonpanther like this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wow, leave to play the game a few hours and come back to find a full fledged argument, lol. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with someone suggesting a cleaned up version of this house...in fact I wouldn't mind a cleaned up version myself. I understand that it would take some time to re-skin the place and clean up all the furniture, but that's what decorating is all about.

With the item count limitations, a cleaned up version would give many of us the opportunity to expand further on the house, if the items in the house already would not count against that limit. I don't seem to have read anywhere where they are demanding a cleaned up version, nor asking for one immediately either..only suggesting and making it known that they would like a cleaned up version. What's wrong with that?

Anyways, I agree with you, suka. I'd love to have some prestige homes that actually look nice and are clean cut, without flaws and damage done to them, etc, due to 'years' of deterioration and decay. A 'new' cleaned up version of some of these homes would be nice. I think of all the prestige homes we've gotten that include structures, my favorite is the Mistmoore Crags Estate, in which I don't even mind that the wallpaper is coming off the walls. I absolutely love the skin in that house.

Personally, though, I prefer homes where there are no pre-existing structures, like the Ethernere Enclave. Then I don't have to worry about dingy wallpaper and stains on the floors, etc. I can create my own structures. :D
    suka and Moonpanther like this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wait, what? I can create characters on Test and they don't count against my current character limitations? I think you may have told me this once or twice before, but it didn't register until now, lol.
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I've noticed this trend lately and it is troublesome in the EQ2 community with folks berating others for their OPINIONS or SUGGESTIONS. Folks can disagree and still carry on a civil exchange of ideas. Sorry to say, I've seen it get exceptionally worse since the TLE servers started.

It also seems to be a sign of the times in real life and apparently is carrying over into our gaming community.

I seriously hate seeing this in the decorating community because we've always been pretty close knit and supportive of each other.

Let's get back to that.
    Merriel, Spindle, Emesh and 3 others like this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- i thought everyone knew that. you can have a full group of toons on test and never count against the live server. you can also have toons on splitpaw and other servers that are european or asian without counting against your north american server count. they really do need to have some of the information on the game in a website that people can easily access to answer such questions that many wouldn't think to ask
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  18. Emesh Well-Known Member

I started working with the inside last night:D

[IMG]

I think I may use ash or sumac to tile the walls of some of the rooms, and I'm going to try Suka's idea of using rugs to tile with as well. I have rugs hanging on the walls of my house in Maj'Dul. I just never thought to use them as wall paper!
    Thanks Suka!:p

Down in the basement I was thinking about maybe a mad scientist lab, sort of like the one's from the old Frankenstine moves...lol Maybe an operating table in the center with some crazy machines along the walls...idk so many ideas....lol

[IMG]
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

That looks really nice with the white marble, Emesh. Looking forward to seeing your finished project. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, suka and Emesh like this.
  20. Margaritas Active Member

There's no shame in some rug on wall action. I did a room as a guest bedroom, the far wall is a pristine rough linen rug.

[IMG]

Don't mind the burynai, he's supervising.