Can this thread please be updated...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Merriel, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

since you have decided to switch how the consolidation process is going to be handled?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/server-consolidation-faq.563270/

Time and again people are posting asking for new updates to this thread, but I haven't seen any changes made to the original post. Can we please get an update on what sort of plans or arrangements we need to make to prepare for this move? Are things being worked on in the original merge format to prevent loss of houses, items, etc...whatever bugs have existed previously are being fixed?
    Spindle and Katz like this.
  2. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Magician Murphy will be in charge of all merger and consolidation actions this week.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

I'd specifically like to know if dungeons will be merged seamlessly. I don't think I have enough characters with enough empty storage to empty all the ones I have, but would like to know if I should be trying to find and "rescue" items I won't be able to get again.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

5. Adevil Well-Known Member

6. Merriel Well-Known Member

As Adevil pointed out, they have completely changed how they are going to do the consolidation/merge now, and we need this thread updated in regards to those changes. The answers in that FAQ may/may no longer be valid.
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Gotcha. She'd commented in another post, "Still, all the questions and concerns we addressed in our FAQ are still in the plan." Due to that, I'd assumed that the items in the FAQ were still valid. She'd mentioned it in the following:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/new-merged-server-name-poll-results.563619/
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh ok, thank you for pointing that out. Seems she should have updated the original thread in the announcement forums to let everyone know, as I'm sure the majority of us would not think to go digging around in other threads to find info that should be posted there, and so many people are asking for updates in that original thread in the announcement forums.
    Kittybock and Moonpanther like this.