AA Slider

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Sethius, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Sethius New Member

Hi peeps. As a newly returned player I'm finding the AA slider thing a bit confusing even having tried to research about it. I'd rather just set it at a percentage level and level with enough points to have maxed aas at max level rather than be shifting it around all the time. This may not be optimal of course, as I understand it, but I'm happy to level a bit slower and experience the content. Is there a way to work this out? Or can someone tell me their experience of just leaving it at say 50% how it works out? Thanks, oh and I need a guild too, :cool:
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Since you get automatic AAs as you level and will have at least 280 AAs by the time you ding 90, I don't think it matters much anymore.
    Finora likes this.
  3. Eradani Well-Known Member

try setting it at 50% and see if you like the speed you're lvling, then adjust up or down. if you're running a questline and things start to grey out, put it at 100% for a bit. if you're in it for content, there's enough you could lvl up several toons this way in different zones and dungeons.
  4. Sethius New Member

Thanks for the answers, I've set my slider to 50/50 for now from level 10. As we get 350 AA's by level 100 I'm just going to aim to have (3.5 x my level) and adjust the slider to keep it more or less at that whilst levelling, I'll post here to let you know how it progresses :)
    Katz likes this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Here is a my pick, AA nowdays is really game changer, all your major attacks will come from AA not from CA or Spells. Also (as I heard) leveling past level 95 is slow (yes it mean AA accumulation too). So my advice cap AA for your level ASAP - you will achieve couple goals - a) you become very OP in regard to your leveling environment b) you save yourself time at higher levels when experience flow not as fast
  6. Sudedor Well-Known Member

I agree with Feldon, because of the way AA's work now, just level yourself up as quickly as you can. When you are at level 100, you can kill mobs that are worth more XP, which in turn makes grinding out the whatever AA's you have remaining much easier.
    Feldon likes this.
  7. Boli Active Member

* get to level 95 (or 94... I forget when the Experience is reduced by 90%.... )
    * lock slider at 100% AA
    * get 340 AA
    * unlock and get to 96/340
    * gear up with handcrafted
    * start signature questline
    * unknown
    * profit
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Why bother with handcrafted?!?! getting full set of legendary is easy like 1-2.... 6-8 run top on agostics and you all set plus as a bonus you'll get bunch of master spells.
    Why push with adventure level? Grinding AA with questing is easy - really easy. I got from 280 to 340 in less then 30 days in very relaxing play (along with 11 adventure levels from 70 to 81)
    I can tell that - grinding with 340AA a LOT easier than grinding with 280AA - doing signature quests molo with maxed AA is very relaxing. Same goes with gear - frankly I was set to begin with raiding gear of KoS time and then I simply jumped in legendary set from agostics and that boosted my damage output dramatically
    Profit not a problem either - loyalty tokens - 5=75pp that for start, rare collectibles - another good source
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

Apparently that was quietly rolled back a while ago, and you can now hang out in Skyshrine and still get pretty decent XP. I haven't personlly tested it, but several people have mentioned that change.
  10. Boli Active Member

Few reasons:

* I power level using a second account - so having gear on the toon which is leveling less important
    * I think its less than 12 hours from 1 to 96/340 (I've done it so many times for myself/others that I do this whilst watching tv shows or a few films - so actually relaxing.)
    * handcrafted = cheap and nice and satisfying replacing the gear with the questline reward
    * Nice to learn the class with all its signature abilities in a somewhat challenging enviroment.

I've quested, grouped, soloed been through every expansion in this game and unfortunately with these last couple of expansions and the gear/stat explosion meant the actual "challenge" of the earlier zones is pretty much gone - they do look pretty and I often run through a zone on my PL tour - indeed I often mentor down and return on my main to run through forgotten quests and quest lines. but a lot of the magic has gone.

when I PL up a new toon I start in tranquil sea with apprentice spells handcrafted gear, no +disruption/defence and no idea of the optimum AA or spell order and the only quests complete in the book are the bare essentials for mythical spell and deity and perhaps a few lore and legends thrown in. I then start on the last few levels/AA doing the signature quest. I learn the character in somewhat challenging content; the rewards are meaningful and I gain satisfaction from learning this new class.

by the time the toon dings 100 (and short a few AA) I know if I want to try and start gearing the character up for group play or if the playstyle was not for me.

the other option - and one I have done a lot in the past is to purposefully restrict my toon from access to anything from my mains and level up naturally getting groups when I can asking for advice and generally messing up a lot of time. that method is the one you should do on your first/second or even third time through... but when you are starting off again past 4 (or in some people's 7+) the magic/challenge is gone, but it still remains (at least for me) in the badly geared no skill, clueless apprentice dropped off on tranquil docks.

A few days, perhaps a week or so later and you either have another loved alt who you want to get into groups with... or 20% bonus to leveling your next toon up.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Wow Boli, thank you for such detailed explanation... I been off the game for 10 years but I had 3 toons at level 70 (well 70/70/60). I started off on TLE just to get grasp of game mechanic again but after that I came back to my main chars and been playing them ever since. I am really impressed that one can PL from 1 to 96/340 in just 12 hours ... sound almost unreal. I prefer to run "molo" and generally have zero need in additional relearning of how to play my classes but I am powergame junky :) thus I like run in OP mode - thus I maxed AA, gear up probably way above tier I am playing and just enjoying exploration of new content, quest lines from beginning to the end... Plus while I am not mind shopping on broker by leveling from 70 to 81 I yet to see any particular needs outside of my ability self gear up (really level 80 legendary gear from agnostics is way way better compare even to T2 fabled from previous tier)
  12. Boli Active Member

actually its a lot less than that - generally the two biggest timesinks are getting the mythical spell and the final few levels/AA. (proof: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301379174916 ;))
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. Sudedor Well-Known Member

There's a lot of "but" and "if" in that leveling. Yes, I can do it too. I also have 10 max level characters on my account, which equates to a 200% experience bonus. And there are potions that give another 100%. And vitality which is another 200%. And mentoring. And a lot of game knowledge of exactly where to go in each level bracket for maximum experience.

A brand new, F2P player certainly won't do anything like that. It can be done, no doubt about it, but it's not like you can just show up and do it.

Take it with a grain of salt, and with an understanding of what you personally enjoy.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

I vote to put 100% into normal levels and get to 100. You will have over 280AA as it upgrades you to 280 when you hit level 90.

You'll get all your prestige points from 90-100. With 280 AA you have all your class defining abilities and the extra 60 is just a bonus you can get after you're 100.

If you're f2p then it's locked at 50/50 and you basically level much slower from 1-90 because you'd get those 280AA by default anyway as you level.