TLE Vote: Unlock Desert of Flame Expansion Content

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Miroh Well-Known Member

o_O
  2. Blaupunkt Active Member

You were not clear in the post I quoted, now you are, simple!

As for arguing, I have no intention of arguing with anyone on these forums or saying how I plan on voting, as for DoF I enjoyed it when it was originally released and would have no problem with it lasting a few months if thats what it takes, I also thought KoS was one of the best Xpacs released and again look forward to playing it once again, however I am in no rush to get there, 1 month or 10 months from now, makes no difference to me.
    Miroh likes this.
  3. Loudshirt New Member

I dont think it will be a landslide for every xpac, I do think that KoS and EoF will be unlocked on the first vote. Those xpacs seem to bring back similar nostalgia as vanilla. For me EoF is one of my favorite ones. It has new starting areas and new HQ's. There is a lot to do in EoF and should keep people busy for quite some time.
  4. Lisiana Member

any word on when they will announce the results?
  5. Normis New Member

Tomorrow during Live stream. Oct. 1 @ 10am PST or 1pm EST!
    Lisiana likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o well I say if you want to play a expansion go to the regular server and enjoy the next one the new one
    I play on this locked one that does nor mean I stopped playing on the regular one.
    when ever I want modern conveniences I go back there where we have running water and indoor plumbing
    well not really but you get the idea
  7. Tylia Well-Known Member

Wow. You are nothing but hateful. Please, explain to me exactly how the next expansion being released would, in any way, affect your style of game play, considering you have nearly 30 guild members who play the way you do? Those players who are ready to move on to the next expansion can (and will) do so just fine without your help or guidance, so there will be absolutely no reason for you to rush to get to the new content at all. You will be more than welcome to languish in the beginning content and take all the time you need to do and finish what ever it is you feel the need to do and finish. And you know what else? The people moving on won't even bother to make hateful assumptions about you or your life style!

Just for information purposes here, I will share with you that I am not on welfare; I do not play EQ2 all day (some days I only get an hour or 2.. some days I have an extra hour or 2 to invest.. some days I do not get to play at all); I do not live near my Mother and my Dad died 6 years ago and they definitely do not pay my sub money; and I have had a lvl 50 character for a while now, that was started after I had already raised a character to 40+. I did not rush either character. I simply played the game. The levels came with that. Tell me again why I'm supposed to happily sit and wait idly by while you play your style of play and deny me mine? I would appreciate sound reasoning without all the hatred and name calling, if you please. ;)
  8. Tylia Well-Known Member

Is someone holding a gun to your head, telling you to rush into the new content or else? You will still be completely free to play the game the way you want (and are paying) to play, and I will be free to do the same. Anyone who "feels pressure" to rush in to the new content, only has themselves to blame. It is not my responsibility to sit and hold their hand to keep them from feeling "left behind" because they aren't ready to advance yet. This isn't school, and the "no child left behind" philosophy does not apply here. Also, please explain to me how it will ruin the economy? What does it have to do with Krono? We are not discussing Krono, or those who do, or don't, want to purchase them. AND... you know what?? All of those fine and wonderful people who came back to the game to play Vanilla content... they CAN continue to do so, even if the next expansion is unlocked! :D
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Just think though if you unlock the next two, you can have those high lvl's come back and stomp through the raid content for you while you just walk behind and loot!! Dungeons also. Heck, they can just power level you. No need to buy pots off the MP. Lower level areas will be solo play again! Inflation on the broker will be back. Sounds like a blast to me. o_O

/end sarcasm :D Sorry, I had to do this....:D
    Lodrelhai likes this.
  10. bophus New Member

There would be no pressure other than one created inside their own minds. If you dont want to be left behind, why arent you level 50 yet? It will increase prices of high tiered items because they are worth more, mobs drop more, quests give more, etc. When more money gets introduced into the game, things start costing more. If DBG decided to stop the flow of cash into the game completely, things couldnt increase in price. I want the new xpac, because I liked DOF and am lvl 50. I have done a lot of the raid content, I play 2ish hours a day, sometimes less, when my wife and son go to bed and on the weekends when I am not busy. I have a low play time compared to before I was married and raiding 5 nights a week, but am still able to complete content. I have multiple toons and accounts with a varying array or levels and classes.

If you dont want the new content, vote no. That said, dont try to justify it to those that vote yes by saying that we are the selfish ones because we want to see more content. Your game play would not be effected with a yes vote, whereas mine is by a no vote. Ant, CL, Nek, TS, EL, RV, etc etc etc will still be there if DoF is released, but DoF is not there if it is not. Everyone has a right to their opinion and that is great, but your lack of gameplay shouldnt have an impact on mine.
    Tylia likes this.
  11. bophus New Member

I fixed it to work on the other side. That applies...right?
  12. Tylia Well-Known Member

No, I understood your point precisely. And you are doing the same to everyone who wishes the game to progress. Your opinion that it will have such an adverse effect on your playstyle is not my concern. Your opinion of "being a 50 in the game" is not my concern. Whether or not I choose to raise alts, do crafting, raid, or what ever, is none of your concern. I voted the way I did. You voted the way you did. We each did so for our own reasons (And I don't know what kind of "gain" you are referring to, as I didn't base my vote on any type of "gain"). I simply replied to someone that was hateful, and asked for some explanations on reasoning stated. I will not get in to any further argument on this. But you have a nice day now! ;)
  13. Squeeble New Member

Honestly, if people are clamoring for DoF so badly, why don't they make a new toon on one of the live servers and play through the DoF expansion there? This whole debate is kind of silly, really. It's just a game, people! The DoF content is my favorite part of EQ2, but if it gets voted 'no' again, and I really want to see some camels or raptors, I'll go hang out on Crushbone for a bit...that would be the sensible thing to do, after all.
    Wirewhisker, Rhodris and Ranger209 like this.
  14. Ranger209 New Member

Actually everyone else will be represented by the vote. I don't think they will vote for something that has an adverse effect on them.
  15. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

With all the nastiness from some certain folks on here, I'm beginning to think they should just end the TLE experiment and tell everyone to level-lock on Live if they want that old-time experience.
    Ratala, Kilbane, Moonpanther and 3 others like this.
  16. Squeeble New Member

Oh, you just made too much sense. Makes me feel guilty for totally falling for Daybreak's marketing scheme to boost subscriptions by offering something they already offer for free. With the exception of Newbie Island, is there much else the TLE servers have to offer that can't already be experienced on a live server? Aside from experiencing the lameness from the lack of live events, that is.

PS - I love playing on Stormhold, and I hope Daybreak promoted whoever conjured up the TLE server idea. But truth be told: we're all suckers :rolleyes:
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Detor Active Member

First people complain when they tell us the results 2 days before the voting actually ends, then people complain when they tell us the results 2 days after the voting ends. What do you people want? To have them tell us the results right after voting ends? :cool:
    Squeeble likes this.
  18. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Yes. They want DBG to be the Sunderland South of gaming. :D
  19. Detor Active Member

It really seems like they (DBG) are prepping for a Yes result. When it was a 'No' the first time they posted about it on the forums, why would the 2nd 'no' need to reserved for an appearance on a livestream meant to create hype and excitement? It just wouldn't make sense to have everybody tune into a special announcement to announce that everything is staying the same. (Imagine if NASA's big announcement the other day was 'Mars is still there, and unchanged!')
  20. oldskool Active Member

I know I'm in a small minority but I wouldn't mind a permanent vanilla PvE server.
    Wirewhisker likes this.