What do you want to see in the next xpac? What mistakes should be avoided?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by TrulyVexed, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

speaking of TLE and not the other servers, all buffs matter at the moment, since it's hard to cap stats we have.
    in combat power regen is the ulta stat at the moment, so bards/chanters make that way way better (in case you didn't know).
    troubs give group haste, monk gives raid haste, and illy can give a few targets haste. coercer gives dps.
    haste is probably the most powerful combat stat in the game at the moment, many people can get 200 haste with the right gear/set up and gain flurry.

now speaking of the live servers.

VC is a buff that will always be useful, so bards are always needed. it's free massive dps for your group.
    illy increases pot by 5% base for a time, as pot gets higher and higher, that 5% becomes better.
    they also increase raid pot by 25% (coercer does CB). 25% isn't that much these days I admit but pot gets boosted by %snow more than ever. 25% base pot could easily turn into 40% or so once all the modifies are added.
    any haste is still great since no one has 100% flurry (I think?)
    buffs kind of matter
  2. Schemer Member

I didnt saw any raid encounter since ToV, but up to that date my favorite encounter was Roehn Theer, more stuf like that will be great. I realy can't say anyting about buffs on live right now, but if we talk about persistence one (stats, DPS mod etc) i think most of them can be raid wide, work fine with resistence buffs, i gues CoB still work raid wide, same for PoM. Bards VC...well, can be implemented some immunity to prevent constatn use of it (Gravitas i.e.), but again it's tu much work for curent team. TSO was turning point imo, they have good team (even Aeralik) which can handle that amount of changes, but they left everything as it was and itemization gone mad with stats. Everything is imho ofc.
  3. Antisocial Member

Rozyn, Brennin and a couple others are the only ones making any sense in this thread. The rest are just part of a cult following with an EQ2 IV drip that will pay and accept anything as long as the fix keeps coming. Look at all of the sheep liking the only moronic contribution from Daybreak in this thread. Fortunately for this company its lack of transparency and creativity remain veiled by the compensation of automatons bereft of the ability to autocritique.
    Mitten and Anaemickhanh like this.
  4. Schemer Member

Idk is percussion of stone is waste of conc slot right now? If everything is caped without those buffs something wrong with itemization imo. But again, stampede is wothless now? Need to check some parses maybe you are right.
  5. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Yes, Percussion is a good example, but you really only need that on tanks, since it requires a melee hit . . . and don't forget, Conjurors have a buff that is nearly identical to PoS. Take the two dirges, but Troubs don't have anything like that.

Stampede is ok, but it's got an extremely small uptime. The thing with Stampede is that the Mystic is still going to be wanted in the raid for other reasons . . .

RO / VC . . . same thing, small uptime. Nice, but is it as good as a Sorc / Sin / etc over the course of a raid?

I do totally agree tho . . . something is very broken when buffs no longer matter.
  6. ShalimarTroy Member

I have always said that an expansion or DLC shouldn't just add more zones for the sake of it. All that does is dilute the dwindling population.

Make dungeons and quests in pre-established zones. Nothing worse in a MMO than zones depopulated or 1 player running around. Stopp just creating endless large empty zones filled with the current max level characters.. Certainly the basic continents could be used for high level content too.

Kunark is a great continent that could be easily reused for tons of portals, dungeons, and new adventures.

As a side note, having a new class that requires a true leveled 100 character to unlock. This new class could restart the whole franchise, using the same preexisting zones with a ten times the amount of xp to level. Each succeeding expansion or DLC could introduce a new heroic class, requiring a maxed level normal character to unlock.
    FriggaWitch, Prissetta and Seefar like this.
  7. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

I kinda wanna have indoor shadows back. And grass, that sways back and forth when I run through it. And maybe more than one new armor model with 35 palette swaps.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Nothing worse than running into high level "quest" mobs that were never there before, and having to avoid an area of a zone because of them, either. WTF are THOSE doing there?!! <Hit Revive button>

Encountered that exact thing in WoW with new high level mobs stuck into a L1-20 zone. Surprise, surprise...one-shotted.
    Belenos likes this.
  9. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Either WoW stands for something other than World of Warcraft where you're from or they have changed the game a whole lot after I quit playing 2 or 3 years ago. :p
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

I think it was something from the panda prelude, or during the panda xpac, that got dropped into Northern Barrens. They definitely were not there when I quit during Cataclysm.

Edit: My point was that modifying existing zones to shoe-horn in kill quests for new, expansions is not a friendly thing to do for the players who are not of the level/power of those that the quest mobs are intended for.
    Belenos and Berserkerkitten like this.
  11. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Just pulling your leg. ;)
    I absolutely agree with you, though. For as much as I'd love to see more players in every area, as well as revisit old zones even at a higher level, dropping high level baddies and content into lowbie zones is not the way to go.
    Belenos likes this.
  12. Sudedor Well-Known Member

See, I think this is a fair point.

There are plenty of dungeons below level cap that can be revamped while still leaving enough content for leveling players. I mean, do we REALLY need Sol's Eye, Permafrost and Klak between 45 and 50? Really? One dungeon in every leveling range of 5 levels should be plenty, and revamp some of those others to be end game dungeons.
    Livejazz and Prissetta like this.
  13. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Lanys is a Goddess now. she's the Goddess of Malice.

As to the bards/chanters...illys and troubs buff mages, dirges and coe's buff melee. and those buffs still do matter. not to mention dirge rezzes, things like TW are still useful. mimicry is nice as well. I'll admit troubs and coes are prolly the weaker in thier sets, but still useful.

I'm sure they are going to keep with the Fabled versions of heroic zones/raids from prior expansions.

something I would love to see is Solo/group versions of raid zones so that I can go kill say, Theer or Rallos, or Kera without having to get a group or more of people to manage some of the fights, so I can clear these old sig quests out of my journal. I wouldn't even mind if there wasn't any loot at all that drops, but zones just there so you can complete the old sig lines.
  14. Leviath Trailblazer Member

You get what you get with the expansion. This isn't a develop as we go game. It's the same game that is on all of the other servers. Just with much less content. Where are guys getting the notion that we can somehow change this game because of a couple of time locked servers?

No code is going to change. They really aren't going to be working around the clock to ensure all of your wants are fulfilled. You are not going to cause this game to change, it just isn't going to happen. Embrace, and understand what you are dealing with. Or, create your own game. That's about the only two options.
    Livejazz likes this.
  15. Surgeon Active Member

- x2 raids, at least 2 if not 4 or 6
    - going back to more spec freedom aka not being forced to play a ultra-defensive tank or a heal-only healer.
    - get rid of the tank revamp, it's not fun, not fun, not fun
    - don't do this "needs to run zone for 4 pieces of a cloak because it's best in slot"
    - where's the huge shared dungeon with instances in it? eq2's former specialty. doesn't need to be underground.
    - no more ethereals, real content instead
    - a signature? where was AoM's? Oh wait that solo crap? That's not a signature.
    and speaking of
    - non-**** solo quests, and I mean none of the "find 10 wooden planks where every plank has a 50% chance of not giving an update" don't be ****, meh who am I talking to... people running a prison server and banning people for writing something they didn't like to read
    - employ some real writers
    - no more fabled zones, they're replacing good memories with bad ones and the zones aren't designed for the skills of today.
    instead create new ones, recycle scripts if you have to, most won't notice anyway but instead feel a sense of accomplishment because it's "new".
    - re.work.combat.mechanics

even seeing the current title screen I very much doubt you'll be able to pull off more than half of what AoM was.
    The screen looks like some intern played with MS Paint, like my 1st steps in party flyer design back in 92 only worse and I really suck at photoshop.

Talking to walls is a hobby of mine.
  16. Schemer Member

Check few assasin parses and I see your point now, VC, CoB, Stampede, Crypt's Revenge - it's all about 0-1% of EDPS, 300-400k in 67kk parse is a joke.
  17. Sudedor Well-Known Member

The thing you have to check is how many people got that. Obviously, more than just the assassin got those benefits. But again, this is math that needs to be done. Even at 5 times that (for the other five in the group), is the value there? I'm not sure.

In the past it was harder, because you were getting buffs that were a significant part of your "soft" benefits. So, when the dirge was giving you weapon skills, and the amount given mattered, that was something you really couldn't put a number on. With the amount given by those dirge buffs now, it's simply too small to be considered a soft benefit any longer. The buff is dwarfed by what is given in gear. Same thing with stat buffs, etc. Those soft benefits are no longer significant.

If I can ever get back into a raid guild, I'll be able to check it myself.
  18. Seefar Well-Known Member

Surprises are good -- they keep you on your toes, and prevent boredom.

What I miss most is the sense of exploring new lands. We don't get that with the latest expansions because some always know what's coming (presumably because they've already experienced it on Test); so what happens is that Those Who Know lead Those Who Don't at breakneck speed through the new content, over and over again, faster and faster, and it soon becomes deathly dull. No surprises for anyone.

Bring back the surprises. Bring back the wonder.
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

x2 raids are insanely hard to put in due to itemization. group gear beats starting raid gear already in the current expac of the game.
    and people might say "hey not everyone runs raids for gear" and that might be true and stuff, but I will tell you More people run raids if they can get something they want versus nothing.
    the Wurmbone x2 had 1 good item in it. people used to be like "if I can roll on that I will come" or "will come only if you kill boss" when I pugged it. but there is really no place in the game at the moment to put x2 level gear.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This one's on you. Just turn off chat and resolve to avoid the EQ2i wiki, ZAM, etc. You can TOTALLY unravel the new all on your own if you wish.
    Livejazz and Prissetta like this.