Not Many People Play EQ2 anymore? or...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ashan Abeywickrama, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Ashan Abeywickrama New Member

Hi,

So back in my teen days i use to play a TONNE of everquest, when i was about 18 i started to play WoW and now ive reached lvl 100 (i know that a new expansion pack is coming out soon, but just bare with me), i decided to try something new, i tried both Rift and Archeage and i found that after a while they got really boring. So i decided to give Everquest 2 a try. now when it finished downloading, i started it up and realised ALL the servers were on low pop so i was wondering does anyone play eq2 anymore or like how much.

Thanks,
    Ash
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Low, Medium, High are just meaningless terms. Currently, Antonia Bayle is the most populous server, but after the merge, Butcherblock/Crushbone/Oasis will likely be the most populous.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Not to mention, many folks are on the new TLE servers Stormhold and Deathtoll. Those do require a subscription to play on.
    Finora, Feldon, Seefar and 1 other person like this.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

The TLE servers still have New Car Smell [tm]. ;)
    Elinea, Kuulei, Seefar and 4 others like this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Concur :) TLE is excellent place to start for novice to get taste what was EQ2 looks like at release (sort of). Lowbie zones still semi crowed - where is no competition for spawns thou but just enough people to get group should you want it. At least till level 18-19 solo quests yield good experience and quest rewards are adequate. Drops rate also been pleasant surprise - looted gear on some occasion better than quest one (at teens level)
    On other hand on production servers (my chars residing on Guk atm) level 50-70 zone literally empty
  6. Kein New Member

I just started playing again recently on TLE Stormhold and I see people of all levels playing when I play. I've been in a few groups including one in Blackburrow recently that was pretty fun. Brought back some good old memories.
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Seefar Well-Known Member

Welcome back!
  8. ShalimarTroy Member

Everyone has run off to the TLE servers. Soon they will discover its just like any other live server and will slowly trickle back. Servers are also being merged in the next month, which will help in seeing players. I wish they would merge all servers into just one, then simple virtualize zones as needed.
  9. Mitten Active Member

The new expansion will have to be pretty awesome for players to trickle back. A lot of the players on TLE are from EQ, returning EQ2 players, and completely new to EQ2 players.

It's not like any other live server, it's packed with players.

A lot of players play on both too, most of the players in the guild I'm in, still raid on live.
  10. ltankhsd New Member

Not really. The TLE servers are much more populated and not just with people who moved from live. A lot of people like myself came back after years of not giving the game any serious play (last expansion I bought was KoS). Every time I tried coming back since the game went F2P I felt WAY behind the level curve with most everyone being much higher than me, not knowing the various systems introduced throughout the years and feeling alone in the lower levels.

TLE has brought the game back to me and give me a chance to move forward with the server community and allows me time to learn the various new systems as they are released.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Almost similar thoughts as previous poster but not to this extreme :) ... I had before retirement warlock and coercer both at 70 both with maxed (at that time) AA (EoF was just released) I came back about 1 month ago noticed that my AA somehow been inflated (so my level 70 toons started from 282AA each) I DID started on TLE for sole reason get some sense of game mechanics .. Once I done that I moved back on my warlock and been having fun with him ever since I done solo practically whole Kurnak (all quests, all outdoor zones and just started dungeons) - I locked my regular exp at level 77 so I not outlevel content noticed that exp flow is decent ... It' really easy to rack every day 2-3AA just with questing At least till level 80 - it's easy to make 2 levels per day (AA or adventure) - thus getting up to the end game is not terribly hard neither terribly boring solo. Quest rewards are actually very nice and ability to have merc basically open for solo most dungeons