How to enlarge target spells icons??

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Grizzle, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Grizzle New Member

Hi, New to EQ2 but vet MMO player. While I'm enjoying the game, the EQ2 UI is utterly frustrating, with one of the biggest being the tiny/illegible spell icons in the Target window. I have a large resolution monitor, and the icons are so small I cannot make out the icons, so have no clue which spells are on the Target, and thus which spells (like DoTs) I need to re-cast on the target. I haven't been able to find a way to make those icons larger, or open a new window with large Target-only icons.

Yes, there is that weird 'Maintained" window that, for whatever reason, consolidates self spells, group spells, and multiple target spells, but in quick PvP or PvE combat, who has time to scan through that long list of spells to try to make sense of it? And when I'm fighting multiple mobs of the same name, I don't know which mobs the DoTs have fallen off and need to be re-applied. It makes rotating through multiple mobs impossible.

Can anyone please help me make the Target spell icons larger (preferably size 42 icons), either through the default UI or with an add-on?
  2. Tyman Active Member

If you use a custom ui, you can use the spell timer window which pulls information from the maintained window (at your choice) and shows the information about them. You can see duration of buffs, dots show who they are on and for how long. Same with hots, wards show how much they are warding for.

I don't know a way to enlarge just those icons though.
  3. Grizzle New Member

Right - I've been testing out DarqUI and there is a SpellMon window (which sounds similar to what you're talking about), but it still only tracks a single instance of each spell regardless of how many mobs I've cast it on. For example, on my Necro, if I've got 5 Target Mobs around me and cast a DoT on each of them, I only see a single instance of that DoT being tracked in both the Maintained window and the SpellTimer window, so there is no indication as to when a DoT falls off each Target Mob.

Really, what I want to be able to do is just Tab through each mob and see which spells are currently on that individual mob.

If there's a custom UI set that does that, I'd enjoy hearing about it! :)
  4. ShalimarTroy Member

Right click on the icon bars and set the sliders at the top to get larger and/or more space between the icons.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Sounds like you might have to either visit EQ2interface and ask if someone has a quick way to do it (or if they have a mod for that) or familiarize yourself with either the xml for the EQ2 UI or the EQ2UI builder.

I'd mess with it and see what I could do, but I simply do not have the time today. I had the opposite problem as you with the pet window and had to make the icons much smaller (I play on a laptop and while it's a big laptop, it's screen space is still at a premium). I'm sure it wouldn't be super hard to change it so the icons for the target/implied target and probably your personal window were bigger.