Vet rewards/Loyalty token .. where to spend?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by DoomDrake, Sep 16, 2015.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Probably a silly question ....
    I been back in game after 10 years retirement and found that /claim give me tone of different veterans rewards ... Can anyone give some information what is good what not - what make sense to pick (I know it's free staff but still curious). What is goes to account and what is goes to each character .. So far I have used 1 merc (SK) and it turns much weaker than regular merc SK from Neriak
    Other question loyalty tokens - is anything particular worth saving them for? (so far I burn 10 of them for 150 plat :))
    And lastly ... I been doing agnostic dungeons and getting some kind of dragon currency ... where I spend them? and is anything worthwhile to spend them on?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

For the Veteran rewards it's pretty straight forward. Everything is either going to be "one per character" or "one per account".
    and will say which it is for each item.

Loyalty tokens, well you can see everything you can buy with those. There are a lot of house items, some houses (one is the same as a veteran reward house so if you have that or are close, beware you can only have 1 of any particular house per character). There is some useable armor. There are some appearance weapons and appearance armor. There are mounts (some once again are the same as veteran rewards, the elemental discs).
    There are also baubles and such. There is a lot of overlap with veteran rewards so if you have an older account you may already have a lot of it for claim, though you can get multiples of some items this way, like the painting that came with the original release of the game.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Thank you Finora! Just curious - what does mean "flying mount" (like disk) .... is it work same like carpet from Deserts of Ro? ... So far I have 2 mounts - that carpet (and I tend to use it a lot because I like built-in option with safe fall) and in RoK I got some quested rhino (which speed wise same as carpet no safe fall but small out-of-combat power/health regeneration). Speaking about houses... Veterans rewards offers 2 - I am assuming both are no-rent?
  4. Enoibia Well-Known Member

If a mount is labelled as flying then you will need to be level 85 adventure or tradeskill to equip and use it. Unlike the carpet(s), which just hover above the ground, the item(s) will actually fly - like the griffins - only you control them. HTH
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Yes, the houses from veteran rewards should be no rent prestige houses (meaning they also have a portal you can place in other housing to connect them).

And flying mounts as Enoibia says require level 85 adventuring or tradeskilling to actually use, however if you like the look of it you can place it in the mount appearance slot and have the appearance even if you aren't high enough to actually fly (will only work for ground mounts and other flying mounts though, it won't cover up leapers and gliders).

You really do fly on them. I found all kinds of neat places I didn't know about before when I got my first flying mount.
    Enoibia, DoomDrake and Prissetta like this.
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Thank you! I am very appreciate information and I am been very busy adventuring for past month so I did not even took time for look for those rewards - so my Inn 2-rooms in Freeport one big mess filled out with books/trophies/pets etc. :) which I certainly will move to new house(s). Well flying mount also will be something I will look for at level 85 and for now battle rhino and carpet will good enough
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

There is a feature called Dungeon Maker, which is included for free (you can find it on the EQII menu). It lets you make a "dungeon" and place mobs and furniture in it.

Formally you could publish those and players could kill the mobs and get xp, but that was disabled some time back due to it being too easy to use them to level in. They are useful still, if you want a free "house" to store all your extra housing items in. I tend to make one for each holiday event and give all of my characters trustee status. All my toons get to stash the same type of stuff in the same dungeon.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

A few more claim items that may be helpful:

• Orb of Concentrated Memories and the Hammer of Adept Hands. The first renews your Adventure vitality and the second renews crafting Vitality. I believe their cooldown is about 4 days.
    • Call of the Veteran: What it sounds like, allows you to call player to you, very handy.
    • Veteran's Display case: This reduces the amount of Broker fee by 50%. Pretty handy.

On the Etyma (currency) you are receiving from the LADs: There are vendors in Vesspyr Isles ( for purchasing purple adornments, etc. as part of the last expac) and also a vendor in Tranquil Sea named T'Kaela, LevelIng Merchant, that accepts those The one in Tranquil has gear that is pretty much equivalent to what you will be getting from the quests, but it is indeed helpful if you have leveled up mainly in the LADs and then jump right into AoM. There is quite a stat jump between 90 and the starting AoM 95 gear.

Hope this helps,

Kitty
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Thank you Kitty! It's very neat information ...I haven't been in need of vitality just yet :) - I been enjoying catching up with game in RoK zones but recently found a taste of molo those agnostic dungeons since I notice they tend to drop masters of my spells and some gear out those actually better compare to quested and definitely better compare to what you can get as a drop from regular dungeons (but frankly so far I been pillaging only 2 on regular base - Karnor Castle and Sebilis). My next stop once I done with Kunzar Jungle will be Yekesha Moors (I just need few last pieces for my master Kurnak collection ;)). I'd guess that I will need A LOT Etyma currency to buy something more or less decent?
  10. Braxzana New Member

I also used my Loyalty tokens to get some platinum coins, but aside from that, my Veteran rewards provided most of the benefits I wanted.

Just last night, though, I sank 30 Loyalty tokens into getting three treasure-chest house items (forget the name) ---- each one gives 25% rent cost reduction, so with the one I already had, I was able to get 100% free rent. Granted, rent is not horribly expensive, but it was annoying (esp when I had my broker / vending boxes in a "locked" house because I forgot to pay rent). They're not attuned or anything, so I could always spread them around to another character (or give all four to another character, if I elect to use a free Prestige house).
    Eradani, Zenakh and DoomDrake like this.
  11. ShalimarTroy Member

City merchants near the docks -- I like the Bags of Platinum Coins. Gets you 75 plat.
  12. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Are you sure?
    In the list they're shown as No Trade, and putting the vet reward ones in another characters house doesn't seem to have any effect on the rent. (Just checked and, at least the Vet reward ones, are, in fact, No Trade)
  13. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a picture of the Disc of Blades from the loyalty merchant?
    I found a blog with pictures of the other three and ZAM has the elemental mounts but nothing for that one.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

You are correct, you have to purchase them on the character that owns the house. They won't work in other characters houses.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I assume that Vet reward houses are rent free? - anyhow I see 2 house available one in Mistmoore and other in Refuge Island I think
  16. Braxzana New Member

Ya, vet reward houses ARE totally rent free (Mistmoore and Refuge Isle, for sure, as I have those).... as for the treasure horde, I was clearly wrong about moving it to another character, but I could still move it to another ~house~ of my own if I elect to make a different house coin-rent-free. :)
    DoomDrake likes this.