Bonus XP: Friday, Sept 18 - Friday, Sept 25

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Hekynn New Member

Very nice love double xp weekends. :)
  2. Ratala Active Member

My husband and I started to play on the TLE server. We had 6 characters and all were crafters. We no longer play there.

Chat is nothing but a cesspool. If anyone even dares ask questions there are any number of people ready to attack them verbally. When something is asked about expansions or when something is going to be added to the game they are pretty much told to go back to the live servers. And heaven forbid if anyone stands up and actually disagrees with some of the more and usual vocal regulars, you get threatened with being sent to Drunder. Even the dev that gets on said they wished they could send people to Drunder because they make others sad with what they say. If anything is said about how chat is, you are told to turn it off.

As for this argument that everyone on TLE are paying customers......guess what so are a lot of the people on live servers.

So I guess if the TLE server isn't getting the live events like we were told, go play on the live servers, we have it all.
    Belenos, Nelie, Moonpanther and 2 others like this.
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

you get what you pay for huh :)
    Pixilicious and Rhodris like this.
  4. Bashem Well-Known Member

FTP is bait to get you to buy stuff nothing more!
    If you want more perks pay for them like the rest of the population!
  5. Majesty Active Member

There are still people playing normal on the live servers nicely and slowly if you guys ever want to join us. My friend and I have gamed for 10 years steady and love the game. We also have dealt with the issues above. If you are ever on Everfrost server look up Majesty or Liberty. We would love to have you join us! We are on daily usually in the evenings. :)
  6. Chemdawg New Member

You pay nothing, and you get a free game...why should you get extra bonuses too?
  7. Ratala Active Member

Thank you Majesty, very kind :)

Our home is on Butcherblock. Bad luck our two servers weren't getting merged together so we could all meet.
    suka likes this.
  8. Crabcrusher Member

Please delete my thread/post. It was explained to me incorrectly and I now understand. Petition however still not answered. Oh well.
  9. Haloek Member

I am an all access player and I thank you for the additional perks like others and I have pointed out before we can't always necessarily afford to pay a monthly sub so I agree there should be something for Free to play people even if it is only every once in a while. I have friends who have been playing since the game released that can't afford to pay a monthly sub because of real life. so I agree it would be nice if F2P got something every once in a while
  10. Merriyel New Member

Not saying I necessarily disagree with you, but F2P is already getting something...they get to play for free. I would have no objections to them getting some bonus xp weekends and such, but I also understand that DBG is a company and has to make a profit somewhere, and who better to reward than those that actually pay to support the company.

I understand that not everyone can pay, however, and feel it's not really in the best interest of the company to totally ignore their free players. Some of them may be children who have absolutely no choice in the matter, and may end up being their biggest financial supporters in the future, when they are finally able to make their own financial decisions. Seems big business decisions are based on the 'here and now' though, not planning so much for the future, which I think is a huge mistake.
    Haloek likes this.
  11. Lysia Active Member

one way "around" the f2p / subscriber differences ..... only sub during the bonus times --- get that month sub in, get the goodies --- and kill the sub .... that's what I'm doing ... right now subbed to get the bonus stuff, but after the Oct 1st preorder time for the new expansion, and after they do this server merge thing ( or whatever they call it ) I'm unsubbing .... that way I only pay when I really have a reason to ..... and it's not so hard on the bank account
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

F2P players get to hang in Norrath for free, with few restrictions!! They can earn plat in-game and buy kronos to pay for a sub...

The Promotions offered for Members Only are like getting Free appetizers WITH PURCHASE of an entree at a restaurant. It's a promo to increase sales. Try asking for that same free appetizer without ordering anything else. Umm, yeah. Thought so.
    Prissetta and Moonpanther like this.
  13. Aeras Active Member

That sounds just like how the regular servers used to be back in the days of KoS, EoF and RoK and that is what ultimately led to me not playing for years. I only came back about 2 months ago.
  14. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

An honest question for the TLE folks, seriously not trolling. But say you get this double xp....you will all be 50 in no time. Will you then vote to unlock the next expansion? I ask because I see such a divide in the TLE communities about unlocking the next xpac because they want to take their time. How then does one want the double xp?

My next question is the holidays and such. Yes, trust me I know that is a pain on the TLE servers and one main reason I'm back playing mostly on the normal servers. I can still take my time there and have all the fun stuff. Most folks I've seen state they love the old style that is offered with the TLE servers and then I see some upset that there are none of the perks of the regular game. I'm curious about why that is.

Just some thoughts and questions that are running through my mind as I read all the comments.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

why all the misconstrued confusion over the old silver model? if you were f2p, for a short while, you had an option in the store to "go silver" for $5. no taking advantage of any loophole. those who were gold, if they found they needed to drop to f2p for a month, were given silver status automatically.

sometimes people have no choice. real life happens and i have found myself needing to drop to silver for a month or two occasionally. but for the most part, i am all access and will most likely stay that way. still, if i drop down to my now grandfathered silver access, i don't gripe that because i needed to drop down that month i don't get the same perks that i did at all access. and i shouldn't.

what amazes me is that so many people come on and brag about how much they spent in the store- often way more than a sub would cost - but complain that they don't have the perks of an all access account.
    Rhodris and HaphazardAllure like this.
  16. Moop New Member

Receiving no perks on the TLE-subscriber-only servers during a subscriber event is just stupid. Why reward some people and not others for literally the same thing? I understand not wanting to give an experience boost to a server that so heavily purchases vitality potions, but at least give us something.
    ltankhsd and Gharish like this.
  17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I agree, another complaint I've seen is the fact that the TLE further took away population from the main servers. Doing more incentives for folks to sub on the normal servers is a good solid marketing move, in my mind, in order to beef up the numbers there. It also helps folks get ready for the new expansion that is coming down the pike, something many mmo's do.
    Belenos and Aeras like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

ceya was the one who had this same problem before. everyone with FOB is having the problem. yeah it was a good idea, or seemed like it, after the hack. but every time there is a problem, it acts up. the first time i remember ceya having the problem he couldn't log in and it took over a week to get his account fixed. that was not long after they came out.
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

Probably the same people who have come back to the game for the TLE experience.
    Aeras likes this.
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I agree that there is great division and plain old nastiness in the TLE chat...a definite divide between those who want the next expac opened up and those who don't (which is why I question the complaints that they aren't getting double xp). I also agree that it is much rougher as a crafter and decorator not to have all the holidays, festivals there. If you want anything beyond basic you need to partake of the MP. Which I do even on the live servers, but there is a limit to my budget and I simply can't afford to decorate an entire house with all MP items. I have my favorite PS artists that I always purchase from and they do get a great deal of my gaming budget, but again a whole house is out of the question. I like to spread it out each payday. :D

But I don't remember it ever being said that they would get all the same holiday events and festivals as the live servers. Can you show me where that was said? Honestly curious if I missed that.

In any case many of the reasons you state have me back on the regular servers as I missed those festivals and holidays and such. I level slow anyway so that is not an issue for me. I still keep toons on the TLE servers, but the normals ones did lure me back due to the fact as a decorator and crafter there is much more for me to do and enjoy.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.