Bonus XP: Friday, Sept 18 - Friday, Sept 25

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I totally agree. If people don't want to take advantage, they can simply lock their bar. Let those who want to get their mains to 50 or other toons up, have the opportunity to do so.
  2. Gnaff Active Member

The whole purpose of TLE was to relive some of the old days of EQ2. guess what. they never had events or 2x exp in the old days ..
  3. Badhealer Active Member

I have no problem with allacess members getting extra perks, they have paid for them. It would be nice to see a double experience weekend for everyone, we need more people in the game (they are not merging servers because they are over populated)

We have three people that play in our household and have purchased most of the expansions going back to when to Verant ran the franchise, but we can only afford one paid account. I am thankful for F2P, it keeps our family playing together.
  4. Gharish Active Member

And they didnt have Freebloods, Aerykyn(sp), Halas, and many other things we have right now on TLE so your point is invalid Gnaff. Its not the old days, its just a stripped down server.
    Rozyn and suka like this.
  5. Heinzy Active Member

yehaa time for some vacation time and some youtube live streaming =)
  6. Leviath Trailblazer Member

Don't whine about not having double XP if you are Free to Play. You still get to play, for free. So, spare us. Those of us that actually pay a sub should have perks over those that pay nothing. Nothing you say can logically explain how you deserve any perk when you pay nothing at all to play, period.

Secondly, why aren't TLE servers included? We didn't get any polls asking us if we would like to join in double xp events. We are all all access members, and should be able to get double xp on the TLE servers. You surely don't have a problem with people using vitality pots on the server. Is that why? So you guys can make a few bucks?
    suka likes this.
  7. GadZook New Member

I think this would have been a great idea given the new ferrin merchant they just added..and the fact we just had dbl xp.

Regardless, ty for the week long dbl xp. I don't tend to get much time in on dbl weekends and it'll be nice to do some xp loving during the days with less overloaded zones.
  8. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

The F2P argument of "some people can't afford the $15/month subscription fee" coupled with "I bought x amount of dollars in Marketplace stuff and in-game name changes" doesn't follow at all. If you want the perks of paying for the game yet still have the cash to throw around on other aspects of the game, I find that pretty cute.

The point of TLE's is, in part, the idea that you would be leveling as you did back in the day. Double XP is a monstrous boost compared to vitality resets (even if they were free).
    Rhodris, Moonpanther and suka like this.
  9. dngrmse Active Member

While I have a lot of alts that I will be leveling up this week, heh, I wish there were a way to convert AA, and adventure XP to status for those who want, or need it. There's already a slider to adjust between AA, and ADV....it'd be nice to add another for status. For those with AA, and ADV maxed characters, it gives them a reason to continue doing quests, adventuring, etc.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

no, others here are right. there are no more colored accounts. you are not bronze, gold or silver. in the past, anyone who bought the $5 silver status or had once been gold were considered silver when they went f2p. those who were silver during that time period still see silver status on their account- they get 4 slots and a number of perks that never got taken away. i have several of those silver accounts.

however, now there are only two designations. f2p or all access. you can no longer buy silver and if you stop paying for all access, you are simply f2p.
  11. Draco New Member

Yes we did.
  12. Ratza Well-Known Member

Less than 2 months after launch? NOPE!
    Filly67 likes this.
  13. Raveen Active Member

I'm cracking up at the people that are mad because only the PAID subs get dbl XP. I would like to start a crowd funding for them. For the price of just 2 gum balls a day you too can sponsor a broke gamer :) Its $14.99 a month that's about 48 cents a day. CRV on a can is about 5 cents, pick up 10 cans a day save the earth and play at full access :)
  14. suka Well-Known Member

lol @raveen what cracks me up about it is they can afford to change the name of a guild and buy a mount for an amount of money more than twice what it would have cost them to simply sub for a month. yeah sc stuff is fun but not necessary to play the game. if you want the perks, put your money where it matters most- in a sub.
    GrunEQ, Rhodris and Moonpanther like this.
  15. Bashem Well-Known Member

FTP means Free To Play.

Nothing there about it includes Double XP my friends!

And any whining about that leave me awestruck as this was to appease the paying fan base and those who were complaining that all the Double XP was only done during the weekends!
  16. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

What most people forget is that the free to play account is the revamped and more easily tracked version of the Free Trial, which was meant to be just that, a temporary trial while you decided if you wanted to spend your real money on the game.
    If you are free to play and spending the price of a subscription on station store stuff, I think that you have found your subscription price right there, while all or most of the station store stuff is nifty its not needed to play. Those that are grandfathered in as silver players, if I remember correctly , a good portion of the "silver" players are those that used sony's unfortunate (for sony) overlooked loophold to use triple station cash to buy your account time, so a good many of the silver players bought the time at 1/3 cost. as noted above, you get what you paid for.
    Bashem likes this.
  17. Travail Member

I get a kick out of all these people that are F2P that whine and complain about not getting all access double xp perks but then go on to say how they spend double the amount it costs to sub for a month on appearance/housing from the MP. If you are gonna complain about it, get a months subscription instead of a mount that costs $20 and save yourself $5. Some peoples thought process really boggles my mind. Thats like going out and getting new race style rims for your car instead of paying the house payment/rent for a month.
    Prissetta and Moonpanther like this.
  18. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

First the AOM CE upgrade sale, now this! (Have been waiting for a while to see if the CE upgrade would go on sale, yay!) Thanks Daybreak! :)
    GrunEQ, suka, Prissetta and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bashem Well-Known Member

Exactly to lazy to type all that out in my previous post!
    Moonpanther likes this.
  20. Crabcrusher Member

Nice way to keep insulting us ALL ACCESS members by not offering your week long DOUBLE XP to the players on the new PvE and PvP servers, such as Stronghold. We pay the same amount of money. Why are we excluded? Pure crap and customer no-service. The no-service continues as I have been waiting for 5 days now on a petition. I sent one about faction for New Halas and when I received the answer 5 days later, I was told to submit a bug report. Really? This is NOT customer service. Pay the same amount of money for ALL ACCESS and do not receive the same amount of benefit for having ALL ACCESS. Not good. Perhaps SOE had it right and now DBG has it wrong? Simply put, DBG, you are wrong by not providing this experience bonus to ALL who pay for ALL ACCESS. If people do not want the double XP, list the command to enter to disable the double XP. Unreal. This is NOT the way to treat those who keep this game alive.