Any plans in the works to make scalable graphics for the UI?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Bashem, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Bashem Well-Known Member

As title states are there any plans in the works to make graphics in the UI more scalable for 4k monitors and beyond?

Is that a dead issue that cant be done due to the way the current game engine was made?

Any other UI features you guys working on we can know about?
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

If only I could hook up my Atari 2600 to an Imax movie theater screen.
    Eradani likes this.
  3. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

4. Bashem Well-Known Member

I have used first Profit for many years and now still using DrumsUI but they cant do anything to make the UI scacable and it been discussed there for years that the problems are how the EQ2 UI is built which make them unable to make things in the UI any better than they are now. I am not a UI tech but take their words that they cant do anything with the EQ2 UI like enlarging game fonts to be more readable at high res other than the ones in chat.
    Smallcorners likes this.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

Try running the 4k resolution in window mode.
  6. Bashem Well-Known Member

Love to hear any word on any UI improvements that might be coming down the road from a DEV or a spokesperson!
  7. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I heard from a Dev back in April that this had recently been in discussion. Whether or not it still is, and whether or not they will have scalable UI elements is the question.

If you don't want to wait for that, you'll need to invest in a 40"+ 4K monitor/tv as at that size, the scaling won't be too much of an issue (I play on a 40" and thankfully the UI is readable and not super tiny).