New Merged Server Name Poll Results!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Tylia Well-Known Member

Sad panda. Maj'Dul is so terribad. :(
    I would have to agree with the notion that names were "pre-selected" and the poll was thrown out there to appear democratic.
    (My opinion, so don't hate.)
  2. Rothilius New Member

Just curious - Why are Antonia Bayle players only allowed to transfer off to another server? Why not the other way around (from a merged server to AB)?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. Mitten Active Member

That was my first thought too. If I could transfer my level 100 guild with me, I'd transfer in a heart beat.

And just a btw, I still haven't come across anyone on Unrest that like the new server name. I'm honestly not sure why we were asked for suggestions, when none of them were included in the poll.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

The threads asking for server names were restricted to specific zone names from a specific expansion. For some expansions, that was less than 15 options total.

Please don't make it sound like we could suggest any idea that popped into our heads.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Please learn to read: EVERYONE is getting free server transfers to be used within one week of the mergers. What does this mean? It means if you're on a new server and you don't like it, you can move to any other server, including AB. And AB peeps can move off. Sheesh!

I hope no one else asks this same question; it's getting old.
    Enoibia, Filly67 and FriggaWitch like this.
  6. Rothilius New Member

"Also, after the U.S. merges, we will run a free one-week transfer period that will include free transfers for Antonia Bayle players to other U.S. servers."

I believe I did "read".

Where does that say you can transfer from any merged server to AB?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Strings Well-Known Member

I think the AB transfers are meant to be an addition to the other transfers...

Siren and Filly67 like this.
  8. Lady Marlyn Member

Although the votes have been cast and recounting them would be a huge waste of time I do however have one small request -- give us a total tally of who voted for what name so we can see how close the name we voted for was in the overall running. I started out on Lucan D'lere, am on Crushbone, voted for Shimmering Citadel and am going to soon be Maj'Dul. Thank you for your time, patience and for listening to our problems / complaints. :)
    Kurinji and FriggaWitch like this.
  9. Rothilius New Member

" ... for those characters who were moved. " - AB characters aren't being moved.

If the intent was for every character on every server to have the ability to transfer to a different server, the original answer would have said just that.

Instead, the statement on what AB will be able to do is a separate statement altogether, implying that they will be limited.

I'm hoping someone at DBG can comment to clarify.

Thank you.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Brickfist Member

I only voted for Halls of Fate because Deathtoll wasn't an option. Seriously, how could they not have Deathtoll as an option?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. Nelie Well-Known Member

Did you forget about the TLE server names?
  12. Mitten Active Member

Siren likes this.
  13. Elfie New Member

I'm hoping that players from Maj'dul and Halls of Fate transfer over to SKYFIRE and help make it the best and most populated server.
    Grannos, Xevran and Blackdog like this.
  14. Elohssa New Member

I started out on Vox and then merged with Nagafen. Both PVP servers. Now I and my guild, which isn't much, are on our way to a PVE server being named Skyfire. I will greatly miss the PVP, but the name of the server meant little to me, just the ability to PVP is what drew me. However, in the last 18 months or so there has been little to no actual PVP so I have been actually playing PVE and it isn't half bad. I guess what I'm saying is that I do look forward to playing on a server with more people available to play with. I know that I more than likely will not be able to rebuild my guild, as most will already have their own guild, but the ability to have open raids is a very big plus. Thank you.
  15. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

LOL if only we could transfer the whole guild and not have to start over, the transfer would be most appealing.
    amarisa, Enoibia, Mitten and 4 others like this.
  16. Daihlya New Member

I feel the same way. I was disappointed with the name choices for Unrest. If we could move entire guild would be wonderful. its not like my guild is very big, we are a small family guild. Time will tell, now since they are pushing back the server moves until October. ;)
  17. Qixil Active Member

Agreed. We've put too much time/work into the guild to see it go poof. I suppose if free guild transfers aren't included, then my accounts will be on hold (until maybe the next server merge with a better server name happens).
  18. Nelie Well-Known Member

TBH, the names chosen really aren't THAT bad. They could be much worse. Fixing the /tell server_name.person won't be a huge problem either if you have them on friend's list and know how to easily modify the saved list using the find/replace feature.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Brena New Member

If a guild leader transfers, what happens to the guild hall they spent so much money on, and time decorating?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  20. Grannos New Member

Agreed. ALL choices for Guk were very bad, all contained 3 or 4 words, no short names, no good choices period.

So now, with just one slip of the ol' fingers, we will be the Balls server! Well, balls to that!

["Balls!", and the synonymous "Bollocks!" which is more common in this usage, are essentially just exclamations usually expressing annoyance regarding a situation, or rejection of something previously said.]

[Hemmingway often wrote things like "Don't talk balls!", where semantically balls/bollocks = nonsense.]
    Wirewhisker and Rhodris like this.