need to delete Transkill Apprentice

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Eradani, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Eradani Well-Known Member

i'm returning after a long break and deleted 2 toons today and was sure that i checked to see if i could Pick Up or Delete the apprentice and saw that it wasn't there. grrr my eyes are getting old cause when i switched to the house owner, i saw it - Pick Up - only it was grey out as it wasn't her apprentice.

so now i have these 2 apprentices that are No Delete and can't even Return to Owner cause a) there isn't one anymore and b) it's not on the r-click menu at all.

i'm sure this must have happened to someone or other in all the years. does anyone know how to get rid of them?

/thx
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

As far as people have been able to determine, there is no way.
    Well, expect, perhaps, direct GM intervetion.
  3. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I had this exact same thing happen to me. I ended up packing it in a moving crate and just sinking the crate in the lava (it was my lavastorm house). So, that's my suggestion for a workaround if /petition doesn't work. :)
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

thanks anyways. i suppose i could always use $ to buy back the toons so i could pick up the apprentices and then delete them again. or not.

sinking into the floor it is then :(
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

The other thing to do is use them as decoration, for example, set up a little store area for something in that house and let them be the store keepers.
  6. Fionnaghal McDonnaghal New Member

I hide my orphaned apprentices behind a hedge in my Thurgadin crafting hall. Several apprentices were overlooked when I deleted a couple of alts.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

As an extreme measure you could save the floor plan of the house, relinquish the house, and then buy it again. Restore the floor plan with items from the moving crate. That also means anything that doesn't belong to the house owner should be mailed to the item owner.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

Oh, I totally forgot to mention. You don't remove Tradeskill Apprentices directly. You need to remove the controller item that spawned the NPC. Looks like a small orb if I remember correctly. That item has to be somewhere in the house. Once it is gone the NPC will disappear. You should be able to return it to the owner.
  9. Eradani Well-Known Member

according to http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Apprentices

when i look at my house items, i have
    3 Coldain Tradeskill Apprentice Contract
    4 Human Tradeskill Apprentice Contract
    4 Othmir Tradeskill Apprentice Contract

when i try to move the 2 that i don't need anymore, it's the actual apprentice that comes up, so i don't understand what this small orb is you're talking about.

if i r-click on an apprentice, there's no Return to Owner menu item.
  10. Meirril Well-Known Member

It is the mannequin that you need to remove. Not the apprentice.
  11. Eradani Well-Known Member

where is this mannequin if it isn't the apprentice? here's my house layout file edited for only the names, sorted and compressed:

Code:
    1 "a burynai seeker"
    1 "a commonlands tabby cat"
    7 "a market bulletin board"
    8 "Black Marble Tile"
    1 "Blood Iron Forge"
    3 "Coldain Tradeskill Apprentice Contract"
    1 "Elaborate Chemistry Table"
    1 "Elaborate Engraved Desk"
    1 "Elaborate Forge"
    1 "Elaborate Sewing Table & Mannequin"
    1 "Elaborate Stove & Keg"
    1 "Elaborate Woodworking Table"
    1 "Elaborate Work Bench"
    1 "Empowered Research Orb"
    2 "Frostbite Goblin"
    1 "Gift of Nipik's Haven"
    4 "Gorowyn Display Counter"
    4 "Human Tradeskill Apprentice Contract"
    1 "Magic Door to the Guild Hall"
    1 "Message in a Bottle"
    1 "Norrathian Express Box, Freeport Branch"
    5 "Orange Stained Glass Square"
    4 "Othmir Tradeskill Apprentice Contract"
    1 "Personal Adornment Depot"
    1 "Personal Ammo Depot"
    1 "Personal Collectible Depot"
    1 "Personal Food & Drink Depot"
    1 "Personal Fuel Depot"
    6 "Personal Harvest Depot (small)"
    1 "Personal Lore & Legend Depot"
    1 "Personal Poison, Potion, & Totem Depot"
    1 "Simple Forge"
    1 "Simple Sewing Table & Mannequin"
    1 "Simple Woodworking Table"
    1 "Simple Work Bench"
    1 "Sootfoot Forge"
    1 "Tenebrous Island Refuge"
    1 "Tinkered Delight"
    1 "Toasting the Leatherfoot Brigade"
    1 "Vale of Halfpint Delight"
    5 "White Marble Tile"
    1 "Work Order Clipboard"
    what i'm trying to get rid of is 1 of each of these whose owners no longer exist:
    4 "Human Tradeskill Apprentice Contract"
    4 "Othmir Tradeskill Apprentice Contract"
    there are no mannequins here and if they're elsewhere, they're nowhere for the deleted toons.

this small house is published so i can get to it from anywhere and i think that may have been the problem originally when i tried to pick up an apprentice before deleting the 1st toon.
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It may not be in that house.

For example, I set up multiple communal crafting houses. Most of the crafters have their apprentice in one of those homes but the mannequin(contract?) that came with it I put in their individual homes. In two cases it is in their craft gear/items bank box (I was short on time and just "dumped" them there and forgot to clean up the box :p). My point being, it can be anywhere.

I suggest /petition and do your due diligence so they can remove all of them at the same time, rather than having to file a petition for each apprentice. Good luck :)
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

the manniquen is a different item that yes needs to be delted separatly waht the op is talkinb about is the contracts human coldain, or othimir those are what needs to be deleted and what they have to /petition about. nothing esle no orb or manniquin controls the apprentice. If you did not pick up the apprentice on the toon you are deleting it stays as an orphan with nothing hookde to is and now way for you the player to get rid of it I know It happened to me I /petitioned and a gm got rid of it for me.
    Eradani likes this.