PLease no more tradeable loots

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Udaok, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Udaok New Member

It is sad to say but over 30% of the player that I have grouped with do not understand the concept of need before greed or they are just not honest enough.
    I have seen scouts needing on mythical 2h, 2 mages needing on scout ethereal, 2 scouts and 1 mage needing on tank ethereal, players needing on leathery eggs even if they already have one, players needing on caisson and it end up on the broker 5min later, players needing on the collection they just won a few mins ago.

It penalize every players that are honest and do the right things because they will have alot less chance to wins the items they want. I'm a healer what will happen if an healer ethereal drop ? I will most likely not win it and yet I have never needed on the ethereal I cant use because I care about my reputation. At this point I still need the healers ethereal and that is the only reason why I need to do group zones but they are so rare if I see one drop and I lose the the roll on it I will be really pissed and that is why I haven't grouped in a while and I dont plan to group again until the campansion. I just hope that you are not gonna make the same mistake again and that you will make rare loots heirloom instead and if no one need it, the group can still do a selling loot right on it. It will also be cheaper to buy because the chance that someone is on and willing to pay 300 000 plat for those rare items will be less likely and right now ethereals can sit on the broker for weeks before selling at those price.
    Pixilicious and Malleria like this.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Agree. If not heirloom at least shift the super rare stuff back to coming from individual reward crates, so we're not competing with others for them.
    Awkk, Rhodris, Pixilicious and 2 others like this.
  3. Tyman Active Member

If you trust the leader of the group, change the loot rights to leader only. Have people who are eligible to roll on the item /random and then have the leader assign the item to the winner.

It takes longer, but it stops the dishonesty. Just let the group you are doing that ahead of time or they will be confused.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Neth New Member

I definitely would prefer to keep tradeable loot. But I agree with Malleria, put them back in individual crates. That worked really well.
    Awkk likes this.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Part of the reason PUGs suck. If you are rolling with people you know, it's not an issue.
    Finora likes this.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yep, I'd rather see them in crates as well. I won't PUG during this ethereal event because I don't believe my computer would survive if I lost an ethereal to a scout who "needs" it to sell for plat. Too many anus hats in this game to take that chance.
    Awkk likes this.
  7. Gharyn Well-Known Member

The ridiculously inflated prices that you can get for these items makes them fair game for anyone, in my book. You can buy enough kronos to keep you going for years, much longer then the usefulness of the item being sold.

Which is why I think ethereals should be removed from the game and never put in again unless it's done in a way that doesn't disrupt the economy so badly, such as the aforementioned crates. They're just another bad idea that ended up doing more harm than good to the game. Hopefully, someday someone in DBG will get the message.
    Noizette, Ruckus and Seefar like this.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

This is what happens when games make items ultra rare rng loot: it brings out the ugliness in human nature, which in term, serves to undermine grouping behavior.

I've more or less gotten to the point where I prefer to group only with peeps i know, even if it means shorting the group and going with less. And if I pug, it's when either myself of one of my friends is leader. I mean, there is such competition for scout ethereals that random peeps are rolling on whatever in the hopes of trading for one, and greedier peeps are rolling on scouts simply because having one will make them rich, or, they are thinking about leveling an assassin now that they have one; the list of seediness goes on.

Personally, i wish there was MORE tradeable loot, and less heirloom stuff. It would be nice for the broker to serve a function other than buying harvested rares, masters, and crafted consumables.
  9. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Ethereal should come from mission crates as they did in ToV. Having them drop in chest, and encouraging people to trade for the one they want has two huge negative results. Encouraging people to roll need when clearly its greed, with no respect for the player in group who can use the item. Discouraging honest people from grouping with new people (PUG) resulting in less groups on any given server. Same issue exists with collection items, thankfully (with the exception of this new meta inside a meta inside a meta debacle with the EoF Fabled collection) collection items are not so rare.
  10. Seefar Well-Known Member

My tuppence:

1. 'Need before greed' can and is all too often interpreted (given how many toons the average player has these days) as "one of my great many alts needs this, therefore I feel justified in claiming 'need' because I (the player) need this."

2. Heirloom and no-trade loot totally sucks for a player like myself who plays each and every character as though they were totally separate from each other. I always decline 'heirloom' crap that I cannot myself use on the grounds that it is better handed to some other player who doesn't play by my own restrictive 'no-twink' rools: and therefore, I lose out. Over the years, I've come to terms with that, but I have not come to terms with, and never will understand the bizarre concept of 'no-trade'.
  11. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Make the ethereals no drop and add an option to get them in a chance crate with loyalty tokens, or a [Large] amount of ferrin/yellow malice shards.
    Ruckus likes this.
  12. Eyenstein Member

Need a server where all loot is tradeable. That way those people can go get their **** there and try to RMT it instead of ripping off the people in their group.
  13. Mohee Active Member

I like the idea of Need Before Greed loot settings not allowing a class to click "need" on an item if they aren't able to use that item at all. There are quite a few other big games that do this and it works very, very well. It solves the loot problem most PUGs have in all game and at the same time allows full freedom of loot between friends (assuming the items are trade-able of course).
    santargria and Awkk like this.
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

As long as these item are so insanely rare, this will continue.

Those items are worth too much plat to not cheat.

I wouldn't need on it if it wasn't for the class I'm playing, but then I've never seen one drop.

We need an 'Honorable' server, where honor exists and dishonorable people are sent to drunder.. if we are just asking for random things.
  15. Denon Active Member

Yep - this whole ethereal thing has caused some tension between guilds / players that I use to run the zones with. So now we basically am just running the zones with close friends that we know wont need on an ethereal that they don't need.

So most of the time we will now 4 or 5 man the zones even though there are people spamming LFG. If we don't know them - then we simply wont let them in the group anymore.

To bad an on-line community based game has to be that way. There should be more in the game to encourage meeting new people vs. pulling them apart.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As I've been saying for weeks now, the stuff in the new expansion is going to be AS GOOD or even BETTER than the ethereals. Kander has already mentioned that there will be new stuff that has the same effects.

At this point,people need to stop angsting about ethereals. They will be outdated in a couple of months anyway. If you get one, great. If not, remember that bigger and better loot is coming.

The answer to group loot dishonesty in zones where there are high-stakes loot is for YOU to form the group, with leader-only loot distribution. Tell everyone straight up when you form that you will be asking for /ran 100 rolls so everyone can see clearly who is rolling on what. Tell the group that the little "trash loots" such as adept spells, recipes, treasured items, vendor loot and the like will be divvied up at the end, then you as leader roll /ran 6 and assign the loot that way. This slows things down a bit, but holy cow, it sure stops the dishonest grab and port.
  17. Mitten Active Member

Make them no trade with a npc value of 1 copper. That should fix it.
    I was in a group once some scout rolled need on a fabled mage item. Group chat was filled with 'wtf man?'. His reply, I'm an adorner, I'm going to mute it.
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

imo. you run the zone, no more ethereals drop in the zone. once you zone out of the zone with the boss killed. (with you being there for the kill). the game does an RNG and if you win the RNG, you will zone out and get your option of any choice of the ethereals. just as if it dropped in the zone. although now it's more secure.

fairly easy to program such a thing as well.
  19. Kaarkula Active Member

There is no easy way around this.

Crates are one possibility.

Expecting similar cultures or morality from pugs is a pipe dream.

Group with group leaders you know share your beliefs... the same people often form groups and can control things.

At this late in the expansion though I do understand PUGS are slim pickens.