Returning after 9ish years. TLE?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Makkir, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Makkir New Member

In your experience, is the TLE "excitement" thing just a phase or can we expect to see a sustained population on these two servers? I have a fairly lengthy resume of MMOs I have played since EQ, and I am looking for something to supplement my current love, Elder Scrolls Online. I played EQ2 at launch and made it to level 30ish before I quit for WoW full time. What I really miss in MMOs is community. There was something about EQ that has been irreplaceable over the last decade and I think it was the community and relationships you had to develop to advance. Most of the instant gratification systems in MMOs now make it possible to complete a lot of content solo and not rely on building relationships with others, so I am really looking for an MMO where I can meet players and socialize the way I did in original EQ. How can I get the most out of this game based on that or do we see the same garbage here that is in WoW (trolling, loot centric mindset, elitism, etc)?
  2. Eles Well-Known Member

Well they nerfed xp, leveling is going to take more time than usual, no guildhalls, ducks can kill you if you are not careful. Everything is harder than the normal servers, but I guess is part of the Retro experience, who wants to "get that feeling like new" from 2006 or 2005 when EQ2 was launched.

The TLE PvE server has a healthy population from the Americas and Europe Union and some Russians too, you can do friends, even to join to any guild if you want.

So take your time, re-learn the game and make friends.
    Makkir likes this.
  3. Makkir New Member

Is the PvP server a grief experience or is it actually playable?
  4. Eles Well-Known Member

Its playable, but if you use the search button you will see that TLE PVP is not balanced at all, some classes are better than others, at the range of lvl 50. But again people will vote if they unlock another expansion. But give a try to play anything that you want.

But is the same, everything is harder in TLE Servers to recreate the older experience of being under powered. If you want normal game, just go to the Live Servers, but remember they will merge some servers into new ones, so pick wisely the server. They feel a bit empty because of the new TLE experience.

Have fun :)
  5. Jord New Member

There is some, but I go several hours in game without pvp encounters. There's also plenty of out-of-the-way spots if you are getting griefed. Mostly don't carry much coin/droppables and you're golden. It is also advisable to have a < 10 alt to do large purchases on the broker. Had a friend lose a few plat buying krono at the broker. Basically assume any time you have coin on you, you will lose half of it or more unless you bank.

The occasional level capped, geared out scout, or group in some cases, will show up from time to time and wreck you sometimes, this happens maybe once or twice a day depending on where you hang out. When you hit 42 you do have to deal with the bored 50s, but if you have a geared, coordinated, group of 42+, they can take on a group of level 50 scrubs easily. It really comes down to gear, abilities, and your coordination as a group.

I don't really like PvP (at least not the ganky, 1v1 stuff where some scout jumps you), but I really enjoy the group pvp. It makes the public dungeon crawls lot more interesting if you can at least clean out the opposing faction.
  6. Makkir New Member

Thanks, I actually end up rolling on the PvE TLE server because it was showing Medium compared to Low on the PvP server.