[TLE] Itemization Concerns for level 1-80

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Clowd, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Clowd New Member

Over the years, several gear revamps have been done, changing up the stats on gear of all levels.

With the TLE servers now underway, the items that were missed in the past updates are quickly being found, everything from quest rewards to legendary and fabled raid and dungeon drops. There has been several complaints so far, but I feel that a lot of these complaints don't specify what items are the issue, or what patterns problematic items might be showing.

To help detail these issues, and so that the devs can have a reference of what players have found, I have begun putting together an EQ2 TLE Itemization Issue Tracker, which can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wz4m05eUZjJcBIAkTQEM00pMU7zYKFLloDscsUWxR6A/edit?usp=sharing

To identify a few patterns I have seen so far:
    • It appears that all items with vanilla-style delays of less than 3-4 seconds do not have proper stats for their level.
    • It appears that weapons that can be used in both the Secondary and Ranged slot do not have Damage spreads.
    • Mythical versions of RoK Epic weapons currently lack some stats that the Fabled version have, or the green stats did not upgrade correctly (example: Dragon's Marrow Mythical http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2738527832 vs Dragon's Marrow Fabled http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2983148062)
    I hope this can turn into constructive feedback, providing a list of known issues and identified patterns is much more helpful to the dev team than simply saying "Raid drops suck compared to some quested Treasured!". Without details on this, it is difficult to figure out which drops are worse, and which treasured items are being referenced.

I hope this will grow into a useful resource. I've started it with a few items I've found with a quick glance on EQ2U, and from my own current quest journal. If you would like to contribute, please send me a private message on the Forum, or contact my characters on Stormhold - Clowd and Anadriel.
    HaphazardAllure and Dedith like this.
  2. Mohee Active Member

I hope they fix this soon. There are so many Fabled raid items that got missed in the itemization long ago.
    I found a post I made about 2 years ago posting some examples, and exposing the problem. In the past I have even sent in pretty long lists of the items I've found hoping it would make finding and fixing them easier.

totally saw this coming :confused:
    Clowd likes this.
  3. Clowd New Member

The fabled gear starting at level 40 is due to the old system of gear growth, where you had a min level for gear, and its power increased up to a max point. When they did the first gear revamp to remove this system, all gear got set to the min level.

As for the current gearing issues I've seen, I could continue making a list, but the trends I've described above are the major issues I've seen. I think knowing those two trends does make the issue simpler than "here's a list of bad items, fix them all!" since that list will quickly grow huge. A script could rebalance most of the items that were missed.
  4. Eksaksudan Member

Itemization at the 50th level are broken.. Developers deleted "blue" parameters from all equipment, except DPS and Haste. Now items without DPS/Haste are useless and being 50lvl Mage, i use "treasure" items 20-30 lvl with max +DPS because they give many big increase my DPS than all endgame items on 50 lvl (i close all raid instances and kill all contested bosses)

sorry, bad eng..