[TLE] cant craft lv 50 spells ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Braiz, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Braiz Member

please do you know how bad it is on a server locked to lv 50 :(
  2. Dixa Active Member

are level 50 masters dropping?

this may make a kind of sense - you have to do level 50 content to get better than adept quality level 50 abilities. and I think level 50 is only 1-3 abilities for each class, so crafters can still make experts of everthing below right?

I bought my level 20 master pet from the broker for less than what crafters were asking for experts though o_O
  3. Sogapa Active Member

If you can't craft level 50 spells, then it is a bug or an oversight. Originally level 50 spells and CAs were in the game and available. It may be an issue with level 50 being based on tier 6 raws on regular servers, and t6 is not yet in game on TLE.

If that's the issue, then the devs would have to at least for the TLE servers switch level 50 spells and CAs so that they are using t5 raws. And tbh....if you don't like being locked to level 50, why are you playing on time locked rather than one of the regular servers?
  4. Braiz Member

i dont have any problem with being locked at 50 i dont see where i said such think, but considering lv 50 is the cap dev should have changed 50 spell to be crafted with available materials, as i'm necro is not a big issue for sure but sorcerers balance for example is tied to this lv 50 spell. so being stuck with an ap ice comet waiting for a master to drop is kind of stupid.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

What it is based on, is in the beginning, the highest crafting book was level 49 and it indeed contained level 49 and level 50 spells. Then many expansions later the tradeskill changes put the spells into the "appropriate recipe book" forever changing some of the recipe tiers. Meaning what was once crafted with T5 (40-49) materials to create a level 50 spell (that was long ago in the level 49 books) are now crafted with T6 materials. It changed level 20 to T3 materials, etc. level 60 spells to T7, rather than the original T6 they were.
    Complaints were made at the time of the changes, but they fell on deaf ears.
    I suspect there would have to revamp crafting all over again to fix that? So I don't see it happening.
  6. Wulfhammer Active Member

It's neither... it was brought up in beta as they need T6 mats and the fact here is none. A dev said it wasn't going to change.
  7. Braiz Member

i know where then problem's from, just said i should be changed as it's unfair to many classes.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

It can't be "unfair" to any classes because it affects everybody equally and impartially. If you want to say that X class gets a really key ability at 50 but they have to live with the 40 (or 30!) until the level cap gets raised....so what? The same argument could be made for 51, 52, ect.
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

Mostly correct. Each expansion introduced the recipes in the x9 book and they used the current top tier materials to make the spell. After Kunark when new levels were introduced the x0 spells were migrated from the previous tier to the current tier when it was introduced. Believe it or not a lot of players asked for this to happen.

It would be a lot of work for dev to change the recipes back to the way they were when first introduced. I think it would also affect the live servers. And this would be work they would have to do, then undo every few months when the level cap is raised.

It is probably better to leave it alone and just depend on adept and master drops for 50 spells until the cap raises.
  10. Braiz Member

it's unfair because some class get a lot more benefit from 50 spell than others, for example sorcerers who rely a lot on ic/dev to dps, while necro lich is more a mana battery than a real dps tool. lv 50 is special to every class as they get a unique spell.
  11. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

It seems that if the issue is that changing the recipes would affect all other servers, why don't you just put in a vender in Q and FP that offers the Expert level spells for the appropriate level 40 rare and the cost of the fuel mats. Its pretty silly that we can't get our signature level 50 spells upgraded...
  12. Meirril Well-Known Member

You could always farm the master spell. Or settle for an adept. If dev budges on this issue it creates a lot of work for them. Not only do they have to change the 50 sage/jeweler/alchemist recipes and books, they also have to change the 60 through 90 books because TLE will eventually get them and they have all been changed to be like the 50 are now in that they use the proper tier materials instead of the previous tier like when they were first introduced.

I didn't agree with the changes when they were made, but unmaking them is even worse.
  13. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Obviously I am going to try to get the master. That doesn't change the fact that barring a lucky master drop, people are stuck with at best adept spells.

I also recognize the amount of work involved in changing the recipes. That is why I didn't suggest changing the recipes. I suggested putting in a merchant where you can buy the expert spell for the old rare and cost of components. They put in merchants all the time. It seems like its a fairly minimal amount of work.

And before people say that affects crafters - you can always remove the spells when the level cap is raised and the recipes finally make it into the game. Or better, roll the system for the next tier because level 60/70/80/90 will all have the same problem.
  14. Kethryl Active Member

I've always found their system of leveling a bit confusing anyway, with regards to level caps, materials, and expansions.

With new materials introduced with new expansions, usually at the same time as expansions that include a level increase, why not make life slightly less confusing and make the level cap "49" instead of "50", or "99" instead of "100"? That way, the next time an expansion comes out that opens up a new tier of materials, you can have spells always match the tier.

The other option would be to slightly adjust the levels included in a given "tier". Instead of 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc, make it 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc.

Either one would effectively accomplish the same goal of making sure that level caps, expansions, and materials don't create odd situations like we have today with the level 50 cap requiring tier 6 materials that aren't yet in the game (either make level 50 part of tier 5, or make the level cap 49).
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

I seem to remember this even being a complaint long ago when they first did that with expansions (I actually think the release of DOF was the first one they did it with. ) Simply because people went to bed one night being able to craft X item and woke up the next day not being able to make the item and even having to find a whole new crafting book in order to make them. Every time it happens, there are complaints (like when the level 90 books were put in on a quest that you had to have I think TOV or was it COE for).

It's never ever been a change that was popular with players.
  16. Meirril Well-Known Member

They didn't start monkeying with the mats for old recipes until....Odus? It didn't happen in the first several years of the game.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

Not that it matters a huge amount but I was curious if my memory was faulty about it happening way earlier than that or what. In that process I found this old thread & post regarding update 32 (which at least partially corrected the exact same problem with level 60 spells). That was during EOF when they opened up Estate of Unrest.

One player states this in regards to the update:
    OK, I don't quite understand something from the update, specifically:[/p][p]Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for priest apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70. Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for priest adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70. Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for mage apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70. Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for mage adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.[/p][p] [/p][p]Back in the day, when the cap was 50, level 50 spells used the same rare as level 40-49. Then when the cap was changed to 60, the level 60 spells used the same rare as 50-59, and level 50 spells changed from the rare they used to use to the new rare. Right? And the same happened again when the cap was changed to 70? So does the above mean that this is changing again, where level 60 spells will use the old raw, instead of the new one? And does this change extend back to the level 50 spells as well?[/p][p]Maybe I just don't understand the above; it wouldn't be the first time.

and Illucide (old red name if people don't know):

"As you said, the level 60 spells were introduced in Desert of Flames. The level cap for Desert of Flames was 60. The rares for level 60 spells were the same rares as levels 51 to 60 (note, NOT the same as level 50 rares). This was accidentally changed at sometime in the past (I would have to assume with GU24 when recipes went to no sub-combine). I corrected that error, because that's what it was - an error. :thumbup: The thing I haven't checked is to see whether or not level 50 spells properly share the components with the 41-49 spells. I'll do that later on, as it's quite a bit of work to re-work all those recipes if it happens to be the case. "

Apparently it never got fixed =( after subcombines were removed and we've had so many expansions since we players kind of forgot about it too until it once again became a problem for level 50. I know it's been an issue that keeps cropping up, I guess as devs decide to stuff something in the 0 level recipe books. IMO it'd be better to just not have 0 level recipe books or make sure to have them at the end of a tier (like they did with level 100 books, which hopefully will STAY t11 and not be bumped to t12 if we ever see it).

So though I'm far from 50 and it being a problem for me personally, please devs at least consider fixing this very long standing issue? All spells & recipes that came in a particular expansion/the base game really ought to remain in that particular range and not get bumped to the next tier.
  18. Meirril Well-Known Member

One dev's error is another dev's fix. Times changed and much later the dev in charge decides to go in a different direction. I know that Domino was the one that adjusted the x0 spells to use the next tier up materials after the next tier was introduced. Again, I didn't agree with the reasoning behind it at the time but done is done.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

Point of my post was that I did in fact remember there being a bit of a stink from players about the 50s spells and it was a pretty long time ago, much longer ago than the Sentinal's Fate expansion. More like Fallen Dynasty release.