Essence of Duality Ethereal Wand

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Veta, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

Please don't post about warlock if you know nothing about the class. that is all.
  2. Nubek Active Member

Rift is not one of our top parsing abilities, not by far.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The only reason we would care about damage type is based on what we debuff. Conjies are elementalists, and don't have debuffs much, so we hope our group is debuffing the enemy vs elemental damage. I switched to Erollisi because of the miracle "Searing Passion", which does a big divine damage nuke AND debuffs vs. elemental.
  4. Veta Well-Known Member

There are plenty of parses I can post from act or you can go look at eq2 flames and see that on ae fights where rift is the most useful it usually top 4 easy. When on single target it is top 10. How many of the summoners top 4 abilities on parse get reset that do not already have a 5s cooldown or lower. 0. How many top 10 abilities on a single target fight that do not already have a cooldown lower than 5 seconds get reset? 0.

Now that rift can reset every 30 seconds it makes it even stronger and can be lined up with very timewarp if you want it to.
  5. Twisty Well-Known Member

Ok, ok let's not have this devolve into you don't know anything about my class discussion. Not sure if was directed at me, but for datapoint reference I'm actually quite familiar with warlock and how good this wand is for him. for that exact reason you don't see me referencing anything wizard-related, despite that all 2nd hand accounts from wizards i trust point to it being even more OP for them than warlocks.

Let's re-focus on what this thread is truly about - that it needs to reset dumbfire pets and temp pet buffs, so this wand is at least somewhat-comparably useful for summoners, as in it's current state it's absurdly more useful for sorcerers.
    Luciar and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

in fact, i really really wish we had the power to edit the name of the thread to reference this crucial point
  7. Anunnaki Active Member

Come on, you guys all know the rule of thumb: keep the peasant summoners down in the gutter where they belong.
  8. Heck62 Active Member

I've noticed Winds of Velious blinks like other resettable spells,but is not actually reset.Also Our pets do not get the Ethereal conduit buff.I'm sure this is an oversight,hopefully soon to be corrected.I'd suggest all summoners bug report this.
  9. Twisty Well-Known Member

3 years ago Winds was a toggleable/maintained debuff. Pardon for my asking perhaps an offensively obvious question, but did you notice it not reset while it was on a mob or while in a (very) short recovery window after toggling it off?
  10. Heck62 Active Member

I don't toggle it anymore.So it was ticking away on the test subject.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If y'all will help me make a list of what's wrong with the wand and how it should be fixed, I'll open a ticket on the DBG Tracker and we can all upvote it to get it some attention. Here's what I see at the moment, please post corrections/additions.

The mage community would like to see the following changes to the Essence of Duality Ethereal Wand:
    • Make the delay 8 seconds instead of 9 so that it matches the other wands
    • Increase the damage output overall to make up for the loss of not being able to change the ethereal's damage type. Perhaps make the damage rating closer to that of the mythical: the mythical would only be slightly better in overall ranged damage output because of the weapon damage bonus it has.
    • If we can't increase the damage, allow us to select damage type when the weapon is claimed. We should be able to choose elemental, noxious, or arcane.
    • The wand should reset dumbfire/swarm pets (considering these are supposed to be considered modifiable damaging abilities).
    • The wand should reset things such as Elemental Blast, Energy Clash, or Blazing Avatar (modifiable damaging abilities cast by the summoner used through the pet).
    Anything else?
    Luciuz likes this.
  12. Heck62 Active Member

Delay idea i have no problem with.I think it does have i higher damage rating than the mythical wand,Wand of Malevolence?I'd suggest simply make the damage type modifiable.Some dumbfires should not reset,Undead horde being one.The last point I'm not sure about.I would add that our primary pet should share the Ethereal conduit buff.It gets the duality buff,it should get this one as well.Winds of velious reset needs to be fixed as well.
  13. Twisty Well-Known Member

Heck, ok good i asked. Resetting Winds of Velious would violate its base functionality of being able to keep it up on only 1 target. IMO this isn't broken
  14. Twisty Well-Known Member

It should reset Soulburn and Unda Arcanus Spiritius
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Okay. I posted the issue to the tracker. Please take a look, add any additional comments if needed, and upvote it if you want to see this get prioritized higher. The more votes, the higher the priority.
  16. Heck62 Active Member

I agree Twisty,It should not be blinking due to Ethereal conduit if it can't be cast.
  17. Heck62 Active Member

Due to the rarity of the item I doubt it gets much attention.
  18. Skulls Member

Another reason the wand is way overpowered for sorcerers is it allows them to build increments much faster now especially with spells like concussive blast refreshing hitting 12 mobs fast. But letting their big spells like apocalypse and plaguebringer etc refresh while a summoner cannot refresh soulburn, lifeburn, elemental blast or any swarm pets leave the summoner with nothing useful except elemental toxicity on an aoe fight, for single target fight elem tox gives no dps increase. This ethereal wand is really nice on my wizard, but is almost useless on my summoners.In addition the summoner pet does NOT get the ethereal conduit buff so 30% of a summoners damage is not affected, really bad mechanics.
    Luciar likes this.
  19. Daray Well-Known Member

I thought most of them had betrayed? Anywho, trying to time a proc to generate an advantage at exactly the right point during a FB window will be pretty hit or miss.