Channeler Gear

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ckaal, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Ckaal New Member

So, what's the consensus on gear for a channeler who's going to raid? CB/POT/AB? I've seen a few profiles with folks going WDB instead, so thought I'd check before I start collecting leather armor and gems. What about purple armor gems as well?

Thanks in advance! :)
  2. Gilasil Active Member

I guess it depends on what you're after. For my channelers I'm in the business of healing/curing/etc. so I consider the most important blue stats to be cast speed (most important), followed by potency, crit bonus, and ability modifier. After that things like recycle time are very nice to have. Cast speed caps at, I believe, 100% as does recycle time so no need to go beyond that, but get that.

Cast speed is so critical because so many of our healing spells take a long time to cast. Speeding those things up makes a world of difference.

As I'm not interested in DPS (there's others in our group/raid who can do it WAY better then I'll ever do on a channeler) that I don't get excited about things like WDB. I let it be whatever it will be.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I would suggest getting reuse and casting speed to 100% as your first priority. Potency and crit bonus are always important for heals and 'enough' ability mod. Since a bunch of your heals require you to hit the mob, make sure you get your ranged skill up as high as you can (weaponry adorns can help with this) and since you're auto-attacking anyway, aim for 600 dps, 120 MA and 200 haste to get as much 'free' dps from your auto-attack as you can while still focusing on heals.
  4. Shauwn Active Member

Is there any hidden resource that the channelers know about that I was left out of? I read somewhere (I thought) that potency had a direct connection to the health of the construct and in turn the amount of heal power you get from your intercepts. I'd LOVE some kind of resource.
  5. Lemilla Active Member

There's information spread out over there forums, some on flames, maybe some on eq2i and zam. You can find most of it in-game though, by reading the description of your class, abilities and stats.

As for the intercepts and pet health:
    Single target intercept will intercept 30% of the damage on a single target who has to be within 15 meters of your pet. This can be increased or decreased by 5% using specific pet essences (to 35% or 25%), It will also decrease if your pet gets damaged, where it intercepts less when your pet is down to 75% of its maximum HP, further down at 50% and it stops intercepting at all when its below 25%.When your pet intercepts less due to damage, it will still take the full amount of damage itself while at the same time letting the target get more damage.

The group intercept will intercept 15% of the damage on all group members within 15 meters of your pet. This too can be increased or decreased by 5% with specific pet essences (to 20% or 10%). And here too the intercept amount lowers as your pet gets damaged.

Example 1:
    Your target would take a hit of 2000 damage. Your pet is intercepting 35%. Your target now takes 1300 and your pet takes 700 damage.

Example 2:
    Everyone in your group would take a hit of 1000 damage. Your pet would be intercepting 20% but is damaged to the point where it only intercepts 17%. In this case, everyone in your group takes a hit of 830 damage. Your pet takes 6 hits of 200 damage for a total of 1200 damage.

Pet maximum HP:
    The maximum HP of your pet is affected by at least:
    - Your level
    - Your potency
    - Your crit bonus
    - One of the pet essences
    - Your pets Stamina Bonus

Only the potency and crit bonus are things you can reasonably influence though.

If your pet has more maximum HP, it will heal faster (all your pet heals are percentage based) while at the same time being able to take more damage before dropping below 75% HP.
    Claudiana likes this.
  6. Tyman Active Member

Not really a secret, but Interpose Redirect (I think that is it, my memory is crap) is a really strong ability and never leaves my bar
  7. Tajar Well-Known Member

If you are raiding, have a druid in your group with you, either will do. Armor of Season gives the pet a MASSIVE hit point boost, I mean like nearly double.
    Claudiana likes this.
  8. Shauwn Active Member

The tips were super helpful actually. I just applied majority of them and it really made a big difference on my heal power.