TLP Nektolus: The Return!

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Violetta, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Violetta New Member

So we cleared this last night, and not one chest other then treasured dropped... Working as intended... or just bad luck!? Anyone else had similar gains?
  2. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

That's interesting... what sever were you on? Did you happen to pettion about it? seems strange to not get at least one Ornate chest.
  3. Violetta New Member

Deathtoll, also the lockout timer kept resetting itself everytime we killed a name, which is odd aswell... we had it down to 32 mins, then killed a sister and it restarted our lockout timer.
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

it's probably one of those zones you have 'access' to but aren't supposed to yet. I don't think Nek the Return came out until aound the time Shard of Hate opened up.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Nekcastle The Return was original game. Known widely as Nek2. It was a x2 zone if I remember back in the day.

Nek 3 is the one you are thinking of.
  6. Seefar Well-Known Member

... I don't believe that Nek Castle 'The Return' was in the original launch. (Is that what you meant?) (Of course, I have been wrong before...)
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

8. Seefar Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I sit corrected [insert feeble excuse about confusion over the other instance whose entrance is behind the castle, and minor rant about the inadvisability of using abbreviations such as 'nek2' that are inherently ambiguous].
  9. Steelviper Active Member

From the few times I've been running Nektropos Castle - The Return on the normal servers earlier, I didn't see any ornate chests dropping there either. Having said that, most of the loot in this zone was broken long time ago, during the itemization process, and never fixed - and I think most, if not all, Legendary items which could have been dropping there, are those broken ones, like The Smithy Hammer - which was removed from the game probably due the reason above.
    So Nektropos Castle - The Return is only good to run for achievements and exploration, mostly, and no other reason really.
  10. Crychtonn Active Member

If the time lock servers were set up like the game at release that's not surprising. When the game first came out ornate and fable chests were extremely rare. Even contested mobs (especially the x2's) would drop treasured chest often. I recall even Darathar the original end raid mob dropped us an occasion box with out any legendary or fabled items in it.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

we just ran about half of it (3 of the sisters). I am not shocked to see any non legendary chests. but the first name we got an item that doesn't even exist (green goblin symbol). which was just...lols
  12. balzor Active Member

Anyone else having an issue with Shiela Everling not spawning after the guard kills her ghost?
  13. Pinkpink New Member

bumped. ran today with nothin but treasured and no drops from keys.
  14. Havox New Member

Me too Balzor. Its my second time running the zone and both times Shiela won't spawn after the little script of a ghost killing her ghost happens. On Stormhold server that is...
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

well it seems that all the names, excluding Everling, has 1 fabled item on them. that fabled item has a 0.6% drop rate.
    Everling has 2 fables, each 0.6% drop rate.
    so it's safe to say most times you will get just a treasure chest :p
  16. Epixz Member