RNG hates me and loves my husband

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mystfit, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I liked to do quests. I used to spend an extreme amount of time doing quests with a microscopic chance of dropping. Do you know there is a quest that only drops from mobs that spawn only for just one quest?! And you have to be evil aligned to get it???!!! And if you complete the quest..too bad for you...
    ANYWAY, I digress. Over the years, I have become limited to new questlines, group quests (I'm shy) and the really hard to get quest drops. Most of the rest are done. My husband has an irritating habit of rolling a new character on a different server and getting one of the rare drops I need. Makes me crazy.
    Two nights ago, we was on the beta server, testing content and I comment that that area he was in has a quest drop I need but have never been able to get it. I say quite clearly that if he gets that drop I'm gonna kick him in an unpleasant place. A few minutes later, a FEW MINUTES LATER, I hear an ut oh....ummm...you better come see this..and sure enough, there's my quest drop.
    RNG...why you so hate me?!!!
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

I feel your pain - I can't tell you how many times I needed an item in a group - I mean really needed it as I've been waiting for the drop for days or weeks and drum roll please....

Rolled and got a 1.

RNG's have been my bane for years :(
    Merriel and Kittybock like this.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

You realise that the RNG is really a Lady of Mischief. No wonder she likes hubby. :D
    Merriel likes this.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

If you want to get those quest starter drops there IS a solution. group with your hubby in a 2 player group with need before greed set on. when super awesome quest starter drops tell your hubby if he doesn't decline the loot there will be real life consequences that'd be worse for him then loosing out of a few pixels and a quest for a bit.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

That might work if he were playing on the same server as her, but as she pointed out, it happens when he rolls new character's on another server. Nowwwww...he could roll a new character on the same server and they could 'try' it, but if it's anything like how it goes for me...he won't get the drops, simply because she is grouped with him. :D
    Mystfit likes this.
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I quite enjoy RNG nowadays. I've seen a total of 3 ethereals drop, two of them is equipped on my Sin :-o

/Takes cover
    Merriel likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

RNG mechanics have been dysfunctional since the game started. I can remember rolling 3 successive "1"s in a raid. It was legendary. ;)
    Merriel and Kittybock like this.
  8. Ratza Well-Known Member

Try being the last person left to need an item/shiny before I get to win a roll....if anyone else in gorup needs it then 99% of the time I am SOL until no one else is in need. Every toon on my acocunt has serious bad luck....my husband laughs because he generally wins everything 1st but at same times can see my frustration over and over the last 11 yrs. It's like my account has a red flag on it.
    Lateana and Merriel like this.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I find this quite funny and totally relate; except hubby and I are the exact opposite. I have the luck...him, not so much.
    Merriel likes this.
  10. Lucus Well-Known Member

The question should always be when you roll for stuff in that situation. do you want loot and harm?:mad: or do you want household harmony?:)
    Merriel likes this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hehe too funny, Lucus. Ratza and Mysfit both, I feel your pain. It's like that for me as well, lol... at least in this game. I've been quite fortunate in another game, though, which threw me for a loop, since I've always had such poor luck here. :D
  12. Foretold Well-Known Member

Hahah.. I think I have this same red flag.
    Rhodris likes this.
  13. Grif Member

yea, I definitely think this warrant's a divorce until his affair with RNG is put to the side to concentrate more on the marriage he seem's to be shamelessly jeapordizing......hehe jk you know I am. although I do see a possible jerry springer episode out of this. "My Husband's Affair with a random number generator is ruining our marriage" next on jerry springer
    Lateana likes this.
  14. Ratza Well-Known Member

Reason I sat red flag on my acocunt is because I can see one toon or 2 toons or heck...maybe even 3 toons having crappy luck but I got somehitng like 14 or more toons on my acocunt....how can every single one of them be so unlucky?