(Roleplay) Proving Worth

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Brienae, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Trivursar Active Member

(We miss them too, none of us have any idea as to where he went :( Hoping he can join us back soon, and that everything is okay! )

"My child," Tunare spoke softly to Jaeir, knowing the pain he felt and the fury coursing through him. "you must calm yourself. You have acted out of anger, and stripped this world of a good soul, sent to walk the Ethernere. You should have listened to him. He did you no harm..." "But Mother, my wings. Those were gifted to me from you both. No other Fae could ever have wings as unique, as powerful...he took them from me..." "No, child...he was awakening them..." Karana spoke softly, his voice soothing, like a light drizzle. "That crystal was from the heart of Skyshrine. It had been guarded by dragons for ages. It was believed to be a droplet from the Tear of Veeshan, and held immense power. Your wings felt that power. Remember him when you feel the breeze again, and honor his tribute to you as you soar..." The voices faded away..."As I soar? What does that mean...will I fly again? What do you mean?!" There came no answer...

Jaeir stood up, angry still at being stripped of his wings, and angry at having no closure to his conversation. He looked around at his new surroundings. Void beasts materialized in the distance, ravenous and ready to kill as the companions had entered their realm. "The void, really? This is the best He could do? Fine. I'll play..." Jaeir rose to his feet, a new energy surrounding him. His powers here over the elements were different. He was not on any 'natural' plane, but he was well versed enough to be able to manipulate the voids version of nature. He raised his hand to the endless abyss above, and his palm began to glow. As fire rose from the ground beneath him and spiraled upward into his palm, a flicker of light above in the sky started to glow brighter and larger. His hand was glowing white hot now, and his eyes were shimmering with sparks. Soon his hand dropped and the sky was alit with burning stars, rushing towards them. He turned towards the beasts and soon, one by one, the stars impacted them in the distance, setting everything ablaze, and flinging dust and rubble in every direction. Only one beast was left. It looked around to see his fellow void inhabitants grinded to a smoldering pulp, and looked back at Jaeir. As he did, the Fae had his sword drawn and was inches from the beast. He struck hard, and gouged out the beasts eye. It fell with a thud as Jaeir held the eye in his hand. He sheathed the sword and walked back to his companions, leaving molten footsteps as he did. He looked up to them, holding the eye. "No more games. I'm getting tired of this cat-and-mouse with Thistlepuff. Damned tired..." He wiped the eye off and held it up towards the void. As he lowered his hand, the eye stayed where it was, hovering. "ANASHTI!" he yelled. "I know you are aware of us being here. I request your presence. Now." He stepped back as the eye began to spin around rapidly. It began to flatten out to a thin disk that crackled with purple energy. It landed flat on the ground and out shot a black figure, wreathed in void clouds and portals. "What do you want, and how did you manage to get back here. I let you out last time, and I have little patience for games again..." She hissed as she looked at the companions, scowling fiercely at Jaeir. He stomped his foot on the ground, and out shot a pillar of earth, raising him upward to eye level with the Goddess. He looked into her eyes, and smiled. "We have a need for your abilities, and when I tell you why...you won't want to say no..." He smiled again as he watched her scowl fade into curiosity. "It seems we have much to discuss..." "Indeed we do..." He turned around to look at the companions. Kyriu, get in touch with the Tribunal, I want them present for this...Ssalizzera, do the same for good ole Berto in there." he snickered as he said that, knowing her god heard that. "Aly, find something to feed on, something tells me that washed up bouncer in your head will be toying with you and your alter ego." Jaeir grinned again just picturing Carl's face as he said that." Not everything in this realm will be natural to here, some of them are from a different plane, including Norrath itself. You'll be able to find something. Anashti will make sure you don't get hurt in the mean time." Jaeir hopped down from the pillar, and called out to Karana and Tunare. Without so much as a word said, they projected themselves into the void, as glowing spheres of light, hovering near Jaeir. "We are ready." they said. Jaeir's eyes narrowed as he smiled. "Good."
  2. Brienae Active Member

Alyerra nodded.
    “I promise I won't try that again,” Carl said into Alyerra's mind.
    “Why the change of heart?” Alyerra asked mentally.
    “Because this is the void plane,” Carl snorted back “I spent a bit of time here. Everything here is tainted. Crippled or not I would prefer to go to the Ethermere and give Jake more reason to kill me repeatedly.””
    Five of the Kyrius flickered and vanished.
    The black cloaked figures appeared in a cirlce around her.
    “We acknowledge you are the creator of all,”
    “More powerful than any of us,”
    “However we can not let you destroy this world,”
    “It is not right,”
    “You question our wisdom concerning Carl Flamefist.”
    Kyriu swallowed “Everything is balance. You offered to bring my parents back...” she shook her head “As much as I would like to see them again, I know they are in the Ethermere. They are fighting beings and monsters which don't belong in the Ethermere.”
    Alyerra blinked “Ky how do you know that.”
    “Sensei Silzin told me. He has been to the Ethermere and he found them. They are needed there. As for my Uncle Carl... I have watched him over the past year. He is a broken man. He is repentant of his actions. Sure he gets frustrated, but he was a Bruiser... if being a Bruiser had been legal in Kelethin when he was younger, his life would have taken a different turn. Since he was rid of the demon he has saved a young boy's life and he has risked his life to find the Dark Weapons which he can sense and he alone can touch without being corrupted. He is not dead because I had mercy on him.” she glared at the Nameless “After the excorcism I saw he was crippled and I couldn't bring myself to kill him because it was wrong. If I had then it is very likely that Alteriq* would be dead. Justice comes in many forms. He craves death because he knows he he deserves it. I gave him justice by showing him Mercy. That is my right,” She twirled her staff into an offensive stance “I don't regret my decision.”
    Alyerra focused on the Nameless saying nothing. Her mind flashed back to the moment she had died... she had thought of her mother. Her mother needed her. She took a deep breath “I won't lie your offer is tempting but then...I stayed for one reason. Mom... you probably know this, but Mom is mentally ill. She hallucinates. I am the only one who can snap her out of it. Sure my little cousin who is training to be an Illusionist tries, but she's only about ten. I was half-human... my life-span much shorter than Mom's... what would happen to her after I died? She wouldn't have Casinda to help because we would not have gone back to Neriak... or well the chances are less likely. I also helped Ateriq. There was an energy that would have killed him... I took it into myself. If I was not what I am I would not have been able to do that. I always hated the Flamefist saying 'everything is balance' but Ky is right. As for the people who did this...one of them had a run in wih Tetri he did not survive. One of them though was a guard... a Tier'dal Assassin, she fell in love with someone and for that she was poisoned. Her uncle saved her by turning her. Her uncle then lost her because she ran away with her lover. They now live in Qeynos and she is a member of the eye of Bayle. Her Uncle who was one of the leaders in the project... last I saw him he was begging his niece to return to him and leave her husband. She refused. Should Nezrid be destroyed, probably but since he went back to Necromancy... it's only a matter of time before Tetri catches up to him.” Alyerra drew her rapiers as she mentally asked Carl “How do we get out of here?”
    “I allowed a Void Demon to possess my body...” Carl answered “I would not suggest that. Especially not for you. An excorcism could destroy you. Another option is with all of these powerful beings they should be able to get you out here.”

((*Alteriq was a High-Elf boy in A Fae Flies into a Bar run by Bellacouste. He was created in a lab to be a new body for an evil man named Muspel. Muspel (also run by Bellacouste) was finally destroyed through Carl chaneling his spirit into Carl's own body. He was then destroyed by an exorcism. Prior to that Alyerra chaneled the energy to aid with the possession into her body because it was killing Alteriq and being undead it would not out right kill her and she could regenerate the damage))
  3. Anamathae Member

(( I should have stated that Thistlepuff/The Nameless moved the group to the void. She herself did not go with them. No worries.))

The Herald appeared to the group while they stood there amongst the husks of the Void beasts. "You shall never understand what I am trying to do." she stated sadly if any meaning of that emotion meant anything at all. She looked at Anashsti Sul and at the Tribunal. "My children, whom I created out of the existence of myself and the void, do you not see the wrongs of this world?" "Can you not see that this world is sick and dying? You have felt it even as I have, even now the weight of this world groans and heaves with pain" The herald paused and looked directly into the face of Jaeir, "Foolish, in your hubris you think that you are all powerful, that you think you have an answer for everything. Let the lesson begin.."

The Herald raised her hands and from those fingertips emanated writhing bolts of energy but never before seen in this world. Utterly black they were at their core outlined in pure white. Anashti Sul and the Tribunal drew back and fear appeared on their faces. "No!" they implored the herald, "By all that was and is, and what is let to be, not that!" They looked at the heroes, You cannot fight this, this is too strong to you. By all that is RUN!" And as each bolt of energy touched the images of the lesser Gods, each in their turn simply winked out of existence with a silent cry.

"I have undone what has been, and what is and what will be forevermore" The Herald paused, "Thus ended the lesson" She looked at the heroes. "The prophecy still has its part to play in this. As for now.. RUN!"

And with that each member of the group found themselves once again in the Commonlands, but everything about it seemed... different. They soon found this out as a phalanx of soldiers approached them with weapons drawn "Halt! by his Royal Majesty Vallius Bayle you are under arrest!"

4. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir continued to kneel, listening to the guards surround him and the companions. He glanced up occasionally to look around. "Vallius Bayle....in the Commonlands..?" he thought quickly, piecing together what Thistlepuff had done to them, and to Anashti and the Tribunal. They were simply images of the Gods. Avatars in a sense. A small part of them would be missing, but they weren't gone completely, at least...not yet. He tried to focus on the now. As the guards were yelling orders to the companions and shouting about their king, he grew into a cold sweat. Killing the guards will cause more issues for them than they needed right now. He closed his eyes and clouds rolled in over the hills, causing a very thick fog to cover the hills they were in, obscuring their view from the guards. "Follow me, quickly before it clears!" Jaeir cleared a small path in front of him of the smoke, allowing his friends to follow him to safety.

Later they found themselves on top of a rather large hill, overlooking the Commonlands. It was different, very different. No floating citadels of the Overlord, no raging fires of burning villages. It was, quite opposite. The city of Freeport, or at least, where it should have been, was not malicious looking. In fact, it was quite serene. A grand palace stood in the distance, gleaming in the warm sun. Arcane towers and spires could be seen, and church bells could be heard ringing through the plains. The towns below were prospering, and everyone seemed happy. "Well, not that we're what could be hundreds of threads away from our own time, what do we do..." Jaeir looked around at the puzzled faces of some of his friends. "What...look around you. We're in the Commonlands. The terrain is quite similar, and so is the surrounding land areas outside of these mountains. The land even speaks to me in a very similar way. But, didn't you hear the guards? Vallius Bayle...Not only did she throw us back in time, way back, but she, for lack of a better term, mirrored everyone and everything's personalities. If I had to guess, while this places seems like a solace for the factions of 'good' in our time, it probably isn't. All of you will be safe here, if you can play the part. The racial faction role simply swapped. Tier'Dal, iksar, even Ogres and Trolls are safe here, but they act as if we were standing in the middle of Qeynos. I would be attacked if I were to even wander near those gates. Kyriu, you have the upper hand here. Being a half elf, you can make it by in either city, if you can play the part of both good and evil. It looks like we need to start acting. I know you've all read on Norrathian history, so pull up anything and everything you know of this time period. We're in the early stages of Qeynos and Freeport.." He looked back towards the city, planning on how he can get inside without too much trouble. "Thistlepuff wont bother us here, she's too busy with our current thread, and she's got many more to go. The Nameless can find us here, but Thistlepuff herself can't be in more than one thread at a time, it would kill her instantly. That limits the Nameless' ability to track us. If I can find someone who I think can help, then we can get back to our thread, even before she found us in the Commonlands. The trick is finding them though. We need to get to the Ethernere. No, not by the natural means either..."
  5. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu swallowed “Aly my dear Uncle doesn't have any ideas does he?”
    Alyerra sighed “He might but he's not there... my guess if we're in another time, hells a different timeline... he wasn't able to follow.”
    Kyiu locked eyes with the guard who had spoken
    Alyerra hissed in her ear in Fier'dal before she could say anything“You are a terrible liar Ky.” she turned her attention to the speaker “What have we done wrong? I am Savira Echosong,” she said with a gracious bow “this is Ucaf Mothwing,” she said pointing to Jaeir. Do not let his wings fool you sir he is truly an Arasai.” she leaned in and whispered “one of the one born without wings so he did what he could by taking wings from a Fae,” Alyerra continued to speak steadily and without blinking. “With me I also have Ajessera Bloodscale and Maggie Windfist,” she finished indicating Salizira and Kyriu respectively.
    Kyriu darted her friend a glance.
    Alyerra bit her lip hoping the others could remember their names she had just given them, One of her fangs was revealed in this motion “I am a bard, just starting out. If we committed any crime we will pay any fine. Perhaps His Majesty would fancy a performance?” she pulled her guitar from her back and readied to play.
    ~~~~~
    Within the Kelethin Dojo Carl opened his eyes and sat up with a scream of pain.
    Two other red haired men ran into the room.
    “What's wrong?” Zachary asked “Did something happen to Ky or Aly?”
    Carl rubbed his head “I was yanked out of the vampire. It's like she vanished. I can't sense either of them.”
    “You Killed Kyriu?” Ethan shouted.
    “No, I don't think she is dead . She's just not here. They were taken to void and I was able to stay in her mind then I was shunted out. I have no idea.” he closed hs eyes for several moments in meditation “I can't sense either of them... unless they were taken out of time.”
    “Is that possible?” Zachary asked

Carl nodded “Sam can travel through time. I'll contact him.”
  6. Blintok57 New Member

Guskah's ((is a Troll)) life in Norrath started like many, seemingly eons ago now. Memory fragments of who he was and why he was here. Lost and on a ship in a rough sea, then being marooned on an island. In time he found himself and was given a home in one of the foreign districts of Freeport. He dedicated his life to the service of Lucan D'Lere. He worked hard and slowly became a high ranking member of the Freeport Milita, earning the rank of "Man-At-Arms."

One day while quenching his thirst and trying to fill his ever empty belly, he spied an ancient looking old Troll giving him a hard look. He approached this old Troll, ready for a fight. But this ancient relic was not looking for a fight. He was a rare seer and keeper of the tomes and history of the Troll race. Trolls did not keep many written records so this was very fortunate for Guskah. Some say it was destiny.

Over time, Guskah learned much of his past. That he was part of a sub clan of Trolls from Clan "Ah". He learned of his ancient ancestor, Adapah. Adapah lived during the times before the shattering and through the invasion of Grobb by the hated Froglok. Was exiled to a corner of Neriak and was adopted by some Teir Dal. Some say they took pity on the Trolls plight but others said they just took advantage of the situation and thought the Trolls brutish ways would be useful.

Guskah learned that during the time Adapah spent in Neriak he came to abandon the creator Cazic Thule and took up with Innoruuk. In part because Cazic Thule conspired with Mithaniel Marr to empower the Froglok and thus starting the invasion and desecration of Grobb. Adapah moved from Neriak shortly after and found a new home with other exiles on Broken Skull Rock.

Adapah and Clan Broken Skull took part in the great civil war and almost wiped out the useless Trolls from clan Ykesha.
    To honor his past and also the ancient old Troll, who to Guskah became known as Grandfather, took the surname "Broken Skull". Imagine his surprise when rumors of a newly discovered land became known. One day Guskah made a journey to this place called Moors of Ykesha. Imagine his surprise and dismay when he discovered several clans of Trolls, one being from Broken Skull itself. Expecting to be welcomed back home he was rudely awakened to the fact that this clan did not see him as an ally.

He took up the challenge to prove his worth to his ancient clan mates. Through much hard work and dedication he not only became a true ally but was honored with the title, "Pirate of the Broken Skull". During his time spent in the Moors, hatred and disdain grew to homicidal fury of the Ykeshan Troll. The very thought of a Troll and a Froglok being an ally just proved the treachery and utter worthlessness of the Ykeshan Troll. In his fury he did not stop killing and soon piled up over 10,000 corpses, earning him the title "Destroyer of Froglok"........ ((to be continued))
  7. Anamathae Member

"It is not your place to surmise what his Majesty would fancy or not" the captain of the guards stated in a cold voice. "You would best be reminded of that" he continued as suddenly he lashed out with his mailed fist and struck Alyerra across her face and knocking her to the ground and stunning her momentarily. He looked at the others with a glint if steel in his eyes and a warning in his face. He appeared to start to say more when suddenly he paused standing still for the moment with a blank look on his face as if listening to something not there. After a moment he came out of the trance. "Apologies milady" he stated contritely reaching down and helping Alyerra back to her feet. "It appears that you and your party are to be treated as guests by his Majesty's wishes." he sated. He gestured to one of his men. After a moment, a carriage was brought forth. "If you would be so kind, we will escort you to the city, where you can freshen up and change into clothes more fitting before you will be presented to his Majesty."

After the companions had entered the carriage, whose interior was quite opulent and very comfortable, the captain barked out a curt command and they started towards the city on the horizon.
  8. Prayos Well-Known Member

Dernia was stopped in her tracks by a shadow. She recognized the person throwing the shadow before she looked up. “Lucan. You’ve got a lot of nerve.” She looked around. “No guards?”

“I don’t need any. Not for you, anyway. You see, you failed. And so did Sare.” He pulled out a book. “This. This is the key to your downfall. It’s a shame that you won’t be around to see it in use.” Before Dernia could react, she felt arms around her. She struggled to get free, but the grip only got tighter. “You see, your prophecy has already been broken. Your ‘chosen’ are no longer here. Without them, you are lost.” Dernia was confused. Could he be right? Tunare had told her she was not too late. What has happened? He looked her in the eyes. “Any last words before you die, my love?”

Dernia squirmed. She couldn’t escape. She tried to kick at her the knees of the person behind her, but they went through air. She looked at Lucan, and spit in his face. “You claim you still love me? Right before you kill me? You’re not my Lucan. Not anymore. Get on with it. And may Tunare strike you down.” Dernia closed her eyes as she felt the knife come to her throat. “Mother, forgive me, for I have failed.”

Dernia slumped to the ground. “You couldn’t even do it yourself, Lucan? You must still have feelings for her.” The woman walked over Dernia’s corpse. “You should have let me kill the sister, too.”

Lucan, still looking at Dernia’s body, gave an icy reply. “Don’t you dare presume to know anything about me. Dernia was my one chance I had at redemption. And I let you kill her. Do not ever question my resolve in the cause again.” He looked up, with tears in his eyes. “As for Sare, He has other plans for her. You know this.” With a wave of the woman’s hand, she and Lucan left the Feydark.
  9. Trivursar Active Member

Through the carriage ride, Jaeir couldn't help but keep part of his attention to his back. His wings were gone, but the scars that were left under his armor were still there, and they burned fiercely. He hid it well enough from the guards, but the scars felt different, as if something was protruding from them. He couldn't stop the pain, even with the immense access of powers that he had in his arsenal. The guard captain spoke to him, and he didn't hear it at first, not recognizing the name he was given earlier. "Ucaf, was it? Where are your wings. Savira mentioned you having Fae wings, where are they?" Jaeir looked up slowly, thinking of his response. "Stolen from me." The guard looked puzzled. "How does one steal the wings of a Fae, or even an Arasai?" Jaeir was cold in his response, and very curt. "That is my business and mine alone. I killed the man who stole them. I would be happy to demonstrate how he died, if you wish..." The guards looked around at each other and kept silent while glancing back and forth. "No, that is quite alright. My apologies for questioning. It was mere curiosity." "Indeed." Jaeir responded. He went back to staring out the window of the carriage.

As the ride to the castle continued, Jaeir silently spoke with the earth. It was younger now, but just as wise. "Is he here?" Jaeir asked. "Yes. They both are. Young students of the arts, but quite skilled even now. If what you speak of is true, they will listen, and they will have your answers. Seek them out in the city South." "Thank you for your help, and may the All Mother bless you." Jaeir nodded with subtle movement. "And she, you, child." Jaeir blew softly into the wind, and outside the carriage, a gust of wind picked up dust and leaves and blew them away. they drifted into the city over the walls and, one leaf landed on a doorstep in the shade of the southern residential district of Freeport. Out stepped a robed figure, which knelt down to pick the leaf up. As he did, it began to glow a soft green and gold light. He gently closed his hand around the leaf and closed his eyes as well. A smile passed his lips, and a sigh of relief left his mouth. "Thank the Gods..." He muttered. He stepped back inside and shut the door.

The carriage came to a halt just inside the city gates. The guards stepped outside, and the companions followed in suit. As Jaeir stepped onto the cobblestone roads, he jolted quickly. He felt powerful magics at work here, as if the city itself was alive with it. Jaeir was instantly aware of his surroundings, and knew now how the guards attitude changed towards Alyerra after he hit her. They will have to be careful in the execution of any plans here, and highly aware of what, where, and how they proceed. Jaeir spoke in his head. "Tunare? Karana? Can you hear me?" "Yes child" Karana said. "Though you are in a different time, we are everywhere. This thread seems to be the banishing point of the Nameless. All beings that Thistlepuff has attacked has ended up here." Tunare spoke to him then. "We cannot bring you back to your present time. Doing so will allow the Nameless direct access to ourselves and this world and every thread in it will be wiped clean. You must make haste, for your own thread needs you. The air elemental you sent to Lucan has made its way to the remainder of the main faction cities as per my request, and all are aware of the events that transpired in Freeport. They are doing their best to prepare for any attacks, and acting accordingly to keep the Nameless at bay should he strike again. Be cautious here, you have felt the powers at work, but one knows the way around it all. Find him quickly and hurry to return. Everything depends on it." "Yes Mother. Thank you." Jaeir followed behind his companions, planning his next move.
  10. Iksaress Member

Ssalizzera grunted a few times. She had apparently been in a very bad daze this whole time, and hadn't even noticed what had been going on. She looked around at their surroundings, now noticing that they were in an alternate version of the place. Her eyes widened briefly and she blinked.

"I.. I've not seen this place in.." she murmured, before cutting herself off abruptly and shaking her head. Once the guard captain spoke, she quirked her brow, amused, yet also vaguely wary and curious as to his sudden change in demeanour when he suddenly said that they were requested for Valious' presence. She eased into the carriage with her companions, keeping silent. With a wave of her hand, her skeleton bodyguard collapsed into dust and once everyone was inside, she closed the carriage door. She squirmed briefly and grimaced. "It'sssss... a little cramped in here.. Albeit comfortable.." she grumbled. When told about their need to get appropriate clothes, she glanced down at her robes, noticing how aged and tattered they were.

Her eyes turned black for a moment and she frowned, mumbling something in Death Whisper (which, if anyone else knew it, they would be able to understand what she was saying), seeming to have a conversation with Bertoxxulous. <"Hrmn..? Well, yes I'm aware of th-.."> she recoiled briefly, as if she had been shouted at directly into her ear. <"For goodness sake, Father Bertox'... I'll get away from the fae as soon as I can! I'm aware that you don't like him!"> she hissed quietly. She groaned and rubbed where her ear holes were, speaking in Common this time. "Hssssth.. The Father of Disease is not at all pleased that I have to sit in a carriage with a nature lover.." she grumbled. "I try to tell Him that Ucaf won't kill me and He still goes ballistic.." she rolled her eyes.
  11. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu removed her staff from her back as she sat down and held it in front of her “So you make up a name for everyone else,” Kyriu hissed to Alyerra once they were in the carriage “what happened did you run out of names?”
    Alyerra sighed. She cast a weary eye towards the Iksar who seemed to be out of her daze “I know you, I went slightly with the truth because if pressed you can keep that up. If I had chosen another name you would not be able to convince anyone you were telling the truth. Using your middle name is close enough to the truth you should be able maintain that.” she sighed “Unless anyone has an idea as to how to return please keep the names I gave you straight.” she turned her full attention to Ssalizzera. She spoke in Death Whisper “We're all together in this lizard. The Nature freak hasn't killed you yet and he probably won't so you're safe. So deal with it and keep in mind we're all equals so I am not to be your pet.” her eyes flashed red.
    Kyriu touched Alyerra's shoulder “Aly you need to calm yourself.” she whispered.
    Alyerra swallowed as her eyes returned to blue.
    “Why didn't you feed when we told you too?” Kyriu asked.
    “Carl told me all of the beasts were tainted. I'll be fine.” Alyerra turned to Jaeir “So if Trolls and Tier'dal are welcome here.. what about vampires?” she sighed “Vampires, Freeblood included weren't accepted anywhere until recently in our time.”
    Kyiu leaned back “I should be fine with my clothing, gis have been worn by Monks for centuries. Aly we might need to find you something brighter.”
    Alyerra snorted “I'm a dirge, “
    “There's only bards here and most of them don't wear mostly black with brown leather boots. You need a touch more color than the purple inlays.”
    Alyerra crossed her arms “My sleeves are red. They've already seen us. Wouldn't be more suspicions if we changed clothes?”
    Kyriu shook her head “Since you're leading this lie are you sure you can keep it up? I mean you've never even dealt with nobility.”
    Alyerra smiled “Yes I have and so have you.”
    Kyriu raised an eyebrow “You mean Brienae?”
    Alyerra nodded “Lady Brienae Esmielda Lunara De'Esalcoda..”
    “Who hides her nobility and travels anonymously.” Kyriu shook her head.
    “But I watched how she treated everyone. We're alll the same.” Alyerra's hand began to tremble.
    “She needs to feed soon.... if they find out what she is... could they change their minds about her. Would they turn on her and us?” she asked echoing Alyerra's question.
    ~~~~~
    Back in present day Kelethin Carl made contact with his brother Samuel
    They stood in a meadow, Samuel's mindscape.
    “So Kyriu is lost in time and you have no idea when or where?” Sam asked crossing his arms. His long red hair was wind tossed.
    “Yes,” Carl answered.
    “And you want me to bring her and the dead one back.” Sam continued
    “Yes,”
    “I need more to go on Carl!” Sam snapped “I can't just pop in and out of time until I find them!.”
    “They were fighting the nameless in the Commonlands then they were sent to Void plane...”
    “That doesn't help, because now we need to add in alternate timelines. We need to narrow it down.” Sam shook his head “Until you can get me more specifics I can't find them.”
    “And how am I supposed to do that?” Catl snapped.
    “I don't know.”
    Carl woke up. “We need to narrow down the timeline.”
    “Or accept that she is dead,” Zach sighed.

Carl shook his head “I was in the vampires mind, the vampire disappeared too. I'm sure it's another time.”
  12. Anamathae Member

The carriage bounced and rattled along on the twisting and winding road. Dust blew all around the carriage but the windows and curtains were able to keep much of the grit out from the interior of the carriage. The guards kept to themselves for the most part and ignored the companions.

Soon the entourage approached the city gates. Unlike the dour and sullen looks one usually received from the patronage of the Freeport the companions were used to, there was instead a mix of curiosity and excitement from the crowd both commoners and nobility alike.

The carriage wound along the cobbled roads turning here and there until it arrived in the courtyard of the palace. White marble gleamed everywhere instead of black obsidian. Royal blue pennants and banners emblazoned with a golden lion and a white unicorn facing each other snapped and waved in the gentle breeze. Everywhere to be seen were soaring trees and gardens blooming with flowers in a myriad of color and scent.

The companions felt the guards dismount the carriage and after a moment the door to the carriage was opened. The guards formed columns along each side of a long runner rug in the same color as the banners. As the companions exited the carriage and stood huddled together, the double doors of the palace swung open. A functionary dressed in livery came down the marbled steps and approached the group.

"Well come, come! We need to get you to your rooms so you can refresh yourself and to change into more appropriate attire before you meet his Majesty." The functionary turned on his heels and lead the group towards the palace doors.
  13. Trivursar Active Member

As the group was lead into the palace, they couldn't help but let their eyes wander through the grand halls. Elaborately decorated with all sorts of armor on display and rare paintings and even items that had magical properties. They soon reached a room lavishly decorated and full of private dividers. The functionary told them to wait here while he fetched some different apparel for the group. Jaeir immediately dashed to one of the windows as the door shut and looked outside, trying to get his bearings. "I will level this entire city before I leave my armor behind. Though a bath, and having clean equipment would be nice, so I'll gladly take them up on that." He heard some of his companions shift at the mention of a bath, marking their interest in one as well. He looked out the window some more, noting the location of all the surrounding shops, roads, and secluded alleys, in which he could conduct his business in private.

He began to sketch out rough maps for the others, for future use. "We need to get time to ourselves, even just a little bit, before we meet this Vallius. The Gods cannot pull us back to our thread. If they do, they open a direct link to their planes, and the Nameless will surely end them. They don't stand a chance by themselves. If my memory serves me well, there is someone here who can help us. He is but an adept in this time, but far more gifted than he, or his mentors, know. He will be able to help us, but locating him will be a challenge." There was a knock on the door and the functionary came in with elaborate robes and pantaloons and capes and a multitude of other accessories. "The King wishes the best for his guests. Here, select what you wish. I will leave these here." He set them out nicely onto a long bench. "Is there anything I can assist you with?" he turned towards the group. "If you could, draw a few hot bathes for my friends and I? We would love to freshen up before our meeting." The functionary clapped his hands together. "Absolutely! I shall fetch the water and some towels. The meeting will be at sunset." He turned again and left. "That gives us a little over an hour before we meet. We had best make use of this time as much as possible. Find out what you can, try to recall whatever you know about this time. It may be backwards, but the more we know, the more we will understand here." Jaeir stepped behind one of the large dividers and began to change out of his armor, washing it in the basin, and removing the charred blood from the back of his breastplate. He could hear the shuffling of belongings from his companions, and the sighs of relief from being able to wash. He smiled, enjoying the break of constant running and fighting. He heard the functionary place large buckets of water next to the edge of the dividers. After filling the bathing tub, Jaeir sank in, wincing at the burning from his back. The scars still stung, but they looked different now. There was no scabbing from dried blood, no deformed skin. Simply a slit on the inside of his shoulder blades, with a soft tissue formed over it. He frowned at the memory of his wings, wishing he still had them. Jaeir sighed, and sank fully into the tub, with a few bubbles rising to the surface, before it was completely still.
  14. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu looked at the clothes “There is nothing wrong with what I'm wearng now,”
    Alyerra shook her head “There is everything wrong Ky. For starters they'll expect you to wear shoes.” she dealt with her own clothing as she spoke “Wait Silzin! Wasn't he around during this time?”
    Kyriu sighed “Yes and no, he would be a small child and he was sent here from another thread. It is a possibility but if he was here he'd be in the Sinking Sands.”
    “Aunt Mesena is too young.” Alyerra sighed “She's not born yet.”
    Kyriu nodded “Wait... I might have ancestors here... athough with everything being backwards they might be in Qeynos. But we can try. The Flamefist name carries back to this time period.”
    “But you're not a Flamefist Maggie,” Alyerra hissed.
    Kyriu glared at her friend “You know how I feel about my middle name.” she growled.
    Alyerra took her time in the bath “This place looks like Qeynos.”
    “Brienae!” Kyriu exclaimed.
    “What about her?” Alyerra asked.
    “She was alive during this time!”
    Alyerra blinked “Are you sure?”
    Kyriu nodded“Yes though as different name... not sure what that is....”
    Alyerra bit her lip “I'm surprised they didn't call my bluff... I just remembered Arasai don't exist yet. However if we can find Brienae...”
    “She can notify them where we are in her present life. Fae can recall things from their past lives.” Kyriu responded “Problem is how do we find her?”
    Alyerra smiled as she stood from the bath to allow Kyriu a turn “Thrice born, Annonymous Bard, never credit she takes, at every battle her songs lend wing, but never her name is known...”
    Kyriu blinked “I've heard that before, you're sure it's referring to Bri?
    Alyerra nodded as she finished her bath and selected a dark purple dress “I happened to overhear her one time talking about she was on her third life and think about her personality.”
    Kyriu nodded. She took her turn in the bath and then selected an ugly brown dress. “Your turn “she said to the Iksar.
    Alyerra shook her head at her friends choice of wardrobe“I think I know about the adept you refer to. That would work,” she said to Jaeir. “However plan B, is we find the anonymous bard. She's on her first life, but she'll recall this meeting in the future...”
    Kyriu bit her lip ring “Jaeir, I know Fae don't like talking about this with non-Fae, but if we were to meet our friend in this period would she recall the meeting in her present life or not because it's an alternate timeline?”
    “Things being reversed... we might be looking for Tari.” Alyerra muttered.
    Kyriu shrugged “Tari as a Fae... that could be difficult and if she did remember she's not going to go to Kelethin she report it.”
    Alyerra smiled “Yes she will, if the price is right.”
    Kyriu nodded “Not likely in this life.” she shook her head “Brienae is a Fae Troubador in our time, but she was living during this time, Tari is an Arasai Brigand in our time, Bri's cousin as it turns out. If we met either of them would either of them remember this since it's an alternate time line and the torture that Tari's spirit bud endured...I don't know if she recalls any of her past lives, but I know Bri does.”
    Alyerra sighed "I-I really need to feed..." she whispered "soon, or this meeting..."
    Kyriu raised her arm in front of Alyerra
    "I told you never to offer yourself to me again!" Alyerra hissed "I'm still recovering from the re-lapse in Neriak." she bit her lip "Would it change anything if I fed on something in their garden, you think... or," she glanced at Ssalizzera and swallowed "I don't ask this lightly, but you know undead... if it looks like I'm losing control... charm me, but only if it looks like I'm losing control.
    ~~~~~
    Carl woke up and shook his head. “They could be any-when,” he sighed “and Sam can't go to every thread, there's too many. I don't know how to narrow it down.”
    Zach and Ethan shook their heads

“Then I guess we wait for a clue.” Ethan sighed.
  15. Anamathae Member

After a time that the companions had a chance to clean up and refresh themselves, the fussy looking functionary returned. He looked critically as each of the members of the group. "Rather dull but adequate I suppose" he sniffed. "Now, come along. His Majesty is waiting," The functionary spun on his heel and quickly ushered the group out of the room into a adjacent hallway. Leading the way, the functionary traversed down the long hallway. As the group moved along, they noticed pictures and banners hung on the walls. Soon, they reached a double doorway flanked by royal guards who snapped to attention and opened the doors to the room beyond. The group entered a vast room with columns reaching to the ceiling going down along the sides of the room. Huge swords and pikes as well as other remnants of ancient battle were mounted on the walls. Lit braziers each spaced out at equal distance were placed in the middle of the chamber. As they proceeded towards the end of the room, there was a hushed buzz of excited chatter and whispers among the nobility and each tried to grab a glimpse of the companions. While glances initially glanced over most of the group, the focus of the excitement seemed to be on Alyerra.

The group soon reached the end of room and stood before a dais with a large stone throne made of basalt mounted in the center of it. The functionary bowed before the man sitting on the throne. "Your esteemed Majesty, I present to you the group that your Grace seemed interested about." He bowed again and left the group. The man spoke, his voice dry and emotionless "Welcome to my kingdom, it is not often that strangers visit us here." "Before we begin however, there is a small matter that need to be addressed. It won't take a moment." The man made a small gesture and from the side antechamber a tall black cloaked figure with a deeply cowled hood appeared and made its way to the side of the throne. The man spoke "Zaelera, if you please, identify these guests of ours.." A slim pale arm emerged from the depths of the robe, and with extreme grace of movement it raised its slender hand and pulled back the hood. The group, in all its time together had witnessed many a shock and wonderment. But they were not prepared to encounter this. As the hood was pulled back, a slender pale face emerged, a face with brilliant blue eyes that crackled with energy. It was Thistlepuffs face!

"Your Grace," Zaelera spoke with a soft resonance. "These visitors are new here, they are strange to me, strange to all of us. They have no footprint in this world, they are not from this time. But yet the prophecy has spoken of this. These maybe the ones to help us, or to destroy us all." Zaelera spoke to the group "Now please, if you would, tell us why you have come, and please, the truth only if you would. I can detect lies quite easily" she said with a chuckle. She glanced at Alyerra, "You must be famished my dear, when was the last time you fed? And by fed I do not mean food." she smiled at Alyerra showing her fangs to her.
  16. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir kept the hood on his cloak up, as to shroud his face slightly from the eyes. While his eyes were easily distinguishable in the shadows, it helped to know that no one could tell where or who he was looking at. He kept his focus on the King, as well as Zaelera. He watched their mannerisms, how they conducted themselves, and how they spoke. Their emotions seemed genuine. He stood in front of Ssalizzera and Kyriu, but behind Aly. He seemed to drown out most of the chatter and attempted to focus in on what the King and the copy of Thistle were saying. Recalling what this realm was that they were banished to, he seemed to focus more and more on the events and the factions here. Could it be that this version of Thistlepuff was in fact a mirror image? While the King seemed to pose no threat for now, he couldn't make out the role of Thistlepuff right now. He would have to keep many eyes and ears on her...

Zaelera seemed to point out the obvious in the group, while attempting to dig for information through forced answers. As she went through the line of companions, she landed on Jaeir last. He noticed that the crowd in the room was hushed completely this time. Utter silence, aside from the crackling of the braziers on the walls. He raised his head slightly to stare directly into the eyes of Zaelera. He felt something strange when he did, as if something was tickling his mind. Quite subtle, were it not for the fact that his thought are always forced and in line, never drifting. He knew what he was thinking, and it wasn't what was being thought. He tilted his head so slightly, almost unnoticeably, and sent his thoughts into a whirl. As chaotic as the storms are that he creates, it was just as such in his mind. The chamber echoed with the shrill of a woman; most likely the one trying to read his mind. Zaelera frowned and turned to the King, who shifted slightly at the shriek of the woman, who was now slumped over in the crowd, gasping for breath and clutching her head. She turned back and faced Jaeir again. His resolve remained the same, his face hidden under the shadows of the hood. Two flashing eyes peered out towards the throne area. "A clever trick my dear, but you will answer my questions one way or another. There is no escaping that." Jaeir's eyes flashed brightly, illuminating his face for a brief moment and showing the slight grin he held. "Our presence here is known already, and we do not come alone. This you have felt. Your prophecy is no more. It is now, in this time, and in every time, that hangs between existence and annihilation. Help us, and you and your entire timeline continues. Do otherwise, and you will end up just like the rest of the threads." Jaeir lowered his head slightly, as to show nothing but the glowing light from under his hood. Zaelera narrowed her eyes slightly, before looking towards the King. "Though their identities are false, his word is true." The King sat up, slowly going over each of the companions, examining them and assessing his position towards them. The group stood there, waiting for his next words...
  17. Brienae Active Member

"I'm fine," Alyerra hissed as her eyes flashed red.
    "No you're not," Kyriu snapped "Forgive us for the somewhat false identities. I am Kyriu Flamefist, this is my cousin Alyerra daughter of Senriala. This is Jaeir, and Ssalizira," she took a deep breath "we come from a distant... of a different timeline. We were sent here by the Nameless. We only wish to return home." she glanced at Alyerra "My cousin as I'm sure you realized is a vampire... she needs to feed. Preferably on a non-sentient creature, Then we can discuss how to get us home." she studied "You might be able to help us. I think you are one of our friends. In our time there is a Fae named Thistlepuff who has been possessed by the Nameless. You look just like her"
    Alyerra nodded "Which means either you are related or your Spirit bud is the same. You might remember this in our time."
    Kyriu frowned "except that being possessed by the Nameless she knows where we are. Another option is we know another Fae, a bard who in our time legends speak of a prophecy."
    Alyerra snorted "We know her name in our time but the legend calls her The Anonymous Bard... on the off chance she looks like what we know based on your appearance she has orange hair with a purple tinge. Her wings are orange with purple veins and she she four tendrils. Or if Arasai exist we could convince her cousin to help. She's purple with red eyes, her wings are purple with a little of red and they're very large." she swallowed "I'm sorry, but I...I yes I need to feed."