Please turn on xp/vit pots

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dixa, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Iadien Active Member

I hate that XP pots will be on these servers soon. I wish we could vote on them like we will with the expansion unlocks.
    Bekkr and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I've found in the past the best way to handle negativity on these forums is to completely ignore it. When it receives no attention, it fails to thrive and grow. Eventually it will go away. ;)
    Dread1313 likes this.
  3. Dixa Active Member

not sure why words like 'hate' are being used when referring to the presence of these pots. you don't have to buy them yourselves, and if you are not motivated by keeping up with guildmates and friends who are playing mor than yo and reaching end game before you, their presence really doesn't affect your gameplay any more than those that hvae rushed to 50 in the first 6 days.
  4. Sharach New Member

People that use xp and vitality pots are cheating themselves out of content.
  5. Dixa Active Member

missing the content, i agree with. cheating themselves is highly subjective. in the opinion of some, the content doesn't start until the last level and everything in between is just an obstacle regardless of how good the story is. neither opinion is wrong.
  6. Rolien Active Member

Just give up already they said they are not putting in Exp or vitality pots until more hit 50. Plus the majority of the people in this thread are saying no and regarding a couple of your post basically calling people that disagree with you stupid.

Just stop at this point you're only making yourself look like a fool.
    Rhodris and Feldon like this.
  7. Mandrollen New Member

I logged in simply to say BRAVO. You likely spoke for most of the server pop, thankyou.
    Rhodris likes this.
  8. Dixa Active Member

my opinion is just as valid as yours.
  9. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

I am all for the XP Pots. Lets us more causal folks to grind without so much time invested. A hardcore player will still reach cap way faster than XP pots would allow. I would like to see them release vet reward pots relative their live release, maybe the same time they release expansions. I got 11 years of vet status to flaunt.
    Dixa likes this.
  10. Faabio Active Member

Why so mad bro?
  11. KhaineUK Active Member

I don't consider "Mad grinding because I don't have a life" to be "on equal footing."

Which is why I think straight up XP/Vit pots is an outright no, but the /claim item that lets you refil Vit every 7 days should be fine... in maybe another couple of weeks.
  12. Mesander Member

I'll add my 2 cents and agree with the majority as well.

For you people wanting XP gain to be increased, XP pots/vit, etc...Please for the love of God (or whoever your god is) go back to your now shanty live server and speed level there where you belong along with your negativity and complaints. The WHOLE purpose of TLE was for enjoyment and to re-experience the EQ2 environment AS IT WAS INTENDED. This also applies to raiding guilds. Don't push the issue. Quit trying to rush the core of the server which are people who actually appreciate the content and the beauty of the game. Rushing to MAX-level and wanting to advance hastily COMPLETELY OBLITERATES the purpose of a TLE server.

Also, if you don't like TLE...DON'T PLAY ON IT. Simple as that!
  13. Dixa Active Member

nobody is asking for base xp to be increased. nobody is asking for the kind of jihadist level of extreme you are going on about in your post. vit and xp pots are not going to make it that much faster and honestly vit pots may feel like a rip off at $9.50 since this server chews thorugh it at a faster rate than live - some sort of hidden penalty.
  14. Dread1313 Active Member

15. Adevil Well-Known Member

It says "at least", which means that's probably how much you get at level 100.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2U uses actual in-game data from Census.

Body Heat quest on EQ2U

Between 15 [IMG] 03 [IMG] 73 [IMG] and 26 [IMG] 21 [IMG] 84 [IMG]
    At least 208 XP.
    Faction: -2500 Sootfoot Talent Society
    Dread1313 likes this.
  17. Dread1313 Active Member

Good point, and I see what you mean, I didn't think of that and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Now, more to the main point, say this quest DOES give like 30g each time its turned in. Is that really game-breaking? Some would say, "well thats a lot of gold for such a small amount of effort." That begs the question: How much effort really is needed to complete this quest? I mean it is a level 48 quest and if we pretend that this is all there is (content-wise) I could see 30g for this quest being feasible. Some would argue, "yeah but theres more expacs..etc". True, again, risk vs reward though. Unless the point is that say a level 51 quest in the next xpac (non-repeatable) only gives like 10g, then I could see the point here. Maybe that quest wasnt tuned down (rolled back in rewards) to compensate for the rollback in content for TLE. Did this quest exist back then? Did it give the same rewards back then that it does now? If so, I say for the sake of integrity leave it alone. However if this is a quest that missed the "tuning down" then I understand that it needs to be adjusted.
  18. Dread1313 Active Member

Thank you Feldon, you've always been the voice of reason on these forums.

I think I will use EQ2U in the future, ive ran into a couple of disparities on the wiki (only a couple) and I prefer accurate info.
    Feldon likes this.
  19. moonraker New Member

What makes sense to me is to open up xp boost items once the next expansion comes (or a month/two if it isn't out yet). I have always seen those items as a way to make leveling alts less painful. It has been one week and we already have people whining that they don't level fast enough? Come on meow.
  20. Louly Well-Known Member

Well excuse me for not being level 30 yet Dixa but I for one am NOT inexperienced. I have a job and a real life, I wanted the TLE because is close to what it was when I started. I am only level 8 and so if what I gather you are saying then I should just give it up right now.

But, since I'm not going to then well I'm at the bottom of the heap lol at least I won't fall far. And we don't need xp pots what a terrible decision
    Moonpanther, Galatea and Rhodris like this.