Client Crashes

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Maevianiu, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragan Active Member

I'm getting an odd type of Crash I will log in no problem, and begin playing the game but as soon as it starts to load the character select screen it shuts down with no warning and no error message.

I have been playing this game for years and only recently have been having issues like this.

...and on TINKERFEST of course.

the weird thing I was once able to get on for a short time Friday night but then this issue cropped up while heading bringing up the banker in Steamfont.
  2. Dragan Active Member

The game shuts down at the "Cashiering Appearances" loading bar. also sending in a petition.

Okay I think I have a vague memory of this I'm checking to see if I can successfully turn off proxy stuff (I've had it where it would not uncheck before)
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have now switched over to a computer with Win7 and 8GB memory. I am no longer crashing or lagging.
  4. Dragan Active Member

Update: I no longer think it is a proxy setting, but still not 100% (I swear I had this problem the SAME time last year and missed Tinkerfest) It might be a Firewall setting but since I have EQ2 on F drive (my current largest) it's taking some time to find all of the correct files the correct Settings and Applications File.

No joy in finding \ApplicationsUpdaterService.exe
  5. Dellmon Active Member

1) Dellmon
    2) Unrest
    3) Jul 25, 2015 at 12:05 AM Eastern Time
    4) Zoning from Ossuary (Advanced Solo) to Phantom Sea via clickable zone-out

Error Message: EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

< verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\Terrain\CDLODStreaming\CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.cpp (233):
    rtexture->Texture != NULL
    01adb370

Crash: All the way to desktop
    Moonpanther likes this.
  6. Belenos Well-Known Member

Another one:

1) Sariina
    2) Guk
    3) 4 p.m. 7/25/2015 (central time)
    4) Standing in U.J.L. in Moors of Ykesha, harvesting a timber node.

Got the pop-up box, standard "unrecoverable error" message that we have been getting. Just out of curiosity, I did not hit "Okay" on the message box, nor did I try to "X" it out--either of which will close the game straight to desktop. Instead, I moved the box off to the side and continued to harvest, which worked for about 1 minute, then I got another pop-up with the same message, and the game froze. The mouse cursor still worked, but nothing else, although the cursor was 'invisible' except when it was over the pop-up box. Finally just clicked "Okay" and was sent to desktop.

This is becoming very annoying, and the length of time it has continued without resolution, while other things have received work, makes it even more so. I no longer even attempt to experiment on expensive gear, as a crash would destroy the gear (as has happened to me already, for a 75 plat loss). What's the deal here? Is this still being worked on? Is it a priority or not?
  7. Belenos Well-Known Member

Another one (already!):
    Same as above except:
    Time: 6:48 p.m.
    Place: Killing mobs outside Guk, Moors of Ykesha

No pop-up box this time--it felt more like a disconnect really--nothing would happen at all for several seconds, then crash to the "trying log-in server #1, #2, #3 and on and on. Had to exit the "trying" screen, and my connection was good, as Chrome/Yahoo came right up.
  8. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

1) Almagnus
    2) Permafrost
    3) 25 Jul 2015 @ 20:06
    4) Zoning from Qeyno Harbor to North Qeynos

Crash straight to desktop, no pop-up or error.
    Trace file outofmemory again touched at crash.
    CurrentSystemMemAllocated: 3191341056
    CurrentAllocatedMemory: 3163641870 (99.13% of CurrentSystemMemAllocated)
    CurrentFreeMemory: 20934832 (0.66% of CurrentSystemMemAllocated)
    I have already adjusted max user memory with bcdedit; out of memmory take longer, but still happens (no surprise there).

FIND AND FIX THE **** MEMORY LEAK!
  9. Belenos Well-Known Member

Another:

1) Durxa
    2) Guk
    3) 11:48 a.m. (central time), 7/26/2015
    4) Took the bell from Thundering Steppes to Frostfang Sea and BAM--straight to desktop in .01 milliseconds!
  10. Daihlya New Member

1) Eivie
    2) Unrest
    3) approx time between 2:30-2:40 p.m. (pst) 7/26/15
    Was in Kylong Plains ,just finished killing Drachnid, moves around big tree and screen froze, booted me to
    desktop, no error message.

I have multiple times over the past week on a daily basis I get booted to desktop with no message, sometimes
    it is when i'm zoning. will post more occurrences as they happen.
  11. Daihlya New Member

another :

1) Eivie
    2) Unrest
    3) 3:58 p.m (pst) 7/26/15

In Kylong Plains, Clicked teleport from terens grasp to go to Dreg's Landing
    was riding Solokar about 10 seconds into it or halfway between mount stops, booted to desktop
    no error message.
  12. Kess New Member

Still crashing at random times, on random zones

< verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\Terrain\CDLODStreaming\CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.cpp (233):
    rtexture->Texture != NULL
    01b5b370

Crash: All the way to desktop

This kind of error must surely take a high priority. It has been happening for ages now. Windows 7, 64 bit system
    Belenos likes this.
  13. Belenos Well-Known Member

(The above was posted June 18, 2015. It is now July 27, 2015. 5 weeks, 4 days, no improvement.)

Latest crash:
    1) Sariina
    2) Guk server
    3) 5:48 p.m. central time, 7/27/2015
    4) Just flying toward Brokenskull Loft in Moors of Ykesha--no zoning, no nothing, just flying along. Got this message:

Fatal Error
    EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
    <verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (15740)
    0199ae8b

Screen was forced into windowed mode, game froze, and this pop-up was a small rectangular pop-up with only one choice--a button that said "okay."
  14. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Guk
    7:15 pm cst
    Miii
    Zoning into Guild Hall and just stay stuck waiting.
  15. Daihlya New Member

!st disconnect today,
    1) Arysana
    2) Unrest
    3)8:50 P.M. (pst)
    4) Minding my own business crafting in my guild hall(T2) in freeport,
    Doing a rush order Writ, on last item needed. Booted me to desktop , no error msg

On a side note: I played on the TLE server Stormhold, and I haven't experienced this kicking me to
    desktop there yet! ;)
  16. Whymsical New Member

Sound is crashing my eq2 client on an XP machine. I disabled the onboard sound and then the client worked fine. So, I installed an old PCI Sound Blaster Live sound card I had laying around. I installed the drivers and got sound working on the PC and tried to launch the client. It crashed again the exact same way.

I opened the account just fine on my Windows 7 PC.

1) No name that I remember.
    2)Storm something (the new TLP PvE server)
    3)2 PM CST 30 July
    4)Just trying to log in on XP machine
  17. Bekkr Well-Known Member

1. All characters
    2. Stormhold
    3. Every time I use the blue teleporter in Neriak
    4. See #3. Every. Single. Time.

64bit Windows 7. Client hasn't crashed for anything but this in weeks.
  18. charlizd New Member

1. Have not created one yet
    2. N/A
    3.I cant even load the game, crashes during splash screens, do not even make it to character select/create
    4> game was trying to load up

As stated above i cant even get the game to load, hangs at the spalsh screen loading resources at 99% then after some time just completely crashes back to desktop.
  19. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

1) Character name: Ceyllynn
    2) Server name: Stormhold
    3) Approximate time of crash: extremey frequently(several times a day, stopped keeping track)
    4) What was happening when you crashed: always shortly after a zone, game goes all choppy for movement and crash, since i tradeskill happening most often in qeynos, either right after i enter or when i go between the tradeskill hall and back.
  20. Hangurin New Member

I have been gone for several months and updated EQ2 today. I am unable to get to the char select screen and get "EQ2 Client Application has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" error. It then has Debug and Close program buttons. It does go through the splash screens leading up to the char select screen but errors out at that point. I attempted a repair via the install file but am getting the same error. I am running Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB RAM, Radeon R7 260X, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 mobo, AMD FX 9370 4.8GHz 8 core cpu. If more system info is needed please let me know.

Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.