Name Your PvE Server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

Not trying to pick on Belenos here, but he happened to hit 3 great names for a server. So great...they already exist in EQ1.

Lanys, Mistmoor and Zebuxoruk either are or were EQ1 servers. Considering that people usually identify themselves with the server name, I don't think DB will recycle the name of a server used in another game. If nothing else, it would be confusing to them when someone reports a problem on a server...and they aren't sure which game its in.

Cristanos is a good choice. As far as I know it hasn't been used yet. I suppose we could have a T'Vyl or a Mayong server since that half of the name hasn't been used yet, but it doesn't seem appropriate to only use half a character's name when the other half is already in use.
  2. Jimbolini Member

3. Ugad New Member

4. resonate Active Member

5. Namvbi New Member

The Tribunal (my Eq1 server and loads of lore)

or

Vulak (my eq1 progression server and the dragon standard for a long time)
  6. Belenos Well-Known Member

Yep, most of my characters were on Erollisi server but I did have a couple on Zebuxoruk server too. It was merged with Xegony and called Xegony early in 2005. Also Lanys T'Vyl was merged into the Seventh Hammer server and ceased to exist then too. I'm not sure about Mistmoore though.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Considering your signature, I'm surprised you didn't say "Patches"

Maybe a little too fitting for an MMO.
    Belenos likes this.
  8. Millux New Member

Since many of the original EQ2 servers were named after early EQ1 zones, I suggest:

Plane of Fear for pve
    (and Plane of Hate for pvp)
  9. resonate Active Member

Innothule, Lavastorm, Befallen
  10. Dread Quixadhal New Member

Isle of Refuge
    Ardur Duradan likes this.
  11. Balbasur Active Member

Ne Plus Ultra, in honor of past developers

not a troll post i promise ;)(lol)
  12. Maldaris Active Member

Stormhold would not be a bad choice. Not my first or second, but I could deal with it.

Plus, my earlier point still stands - the Isle of Refuge is there in the Station Market, and there are lots of people who have this prestige home that are more than willing to let other pop into them and run around to relive the moments (or at the least, the locations) of their character's youth(s). Should the name be chosen, DGC can post a banner on their community site with a large splash graphic of the island, with a couple of paragraphs of text detailing what the island was all about in the antediluvian days of SOE's launch of EQ II. And, of course, details how someone can get their very own Isle of Refuge. It was a home for characters long before it was a prestige home - I think they'll take that into consideration (as well as the money to be made) when they make their choice.
  13. Padrepyro Member

I like The Nameless or Lucan D'lere.
  14. Pariel Active Member

Varlos - the Captain on the Isle of Refuge, probably the first character many of us spoke to
    Murrar Shar - again, a notable NPC in the early years
    Tholuxe Paells - no particular reason, it was my first server on EQ
    Runnyeye - gone, but not forgotten

15. Alenna Well-Known Member

Murrar Shar was the First NPC I spoke with I came during EoF and a few months before RoK
  16. leannel New Member

Everling, Nektropos, Stormhold, or The Down Below. I'd like to see the server have a name from one of the original old zones.
  17. Rob_Barratheon New Member

Queen's Colony....
  18. resonate Active Member

19. Blenvar New Member

20. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

good idea, but I think aaarraaggorrn would be more appropriate for eq2, or lllegolassss