(Roleplay) Proving Worth

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Brienae, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir let out a breathy "Ha!" at the mention of this Windfoot. "Yes, I have heard of her. A reckless druid at best. I used to spend a few seasons following her trail of destruction and mending it. That damned fool would go about destroying anything in her path without considering the effects of her ignorance. She's an avid hunter of undead and unnatural beings and manifestations, and skilled in some areas, but lashed out without any care." He scowled. "She almost knocked the life out of an entire valley eliminating a few undead. Had I not found it, the entire place would be crawling with undead by now, and threatening all surrounding towns. Death must exist for life to have a place in this world. As a druid, she should have known better. So yes, I do know of her, and believe me when I say; if I find her, I'll roast the fur from her." His wings flapped furiously as he was lost in a moment of anger, and small embers and ash began to flutter around between wing beats. "She won't get the chance to harm Ssalizzera. Quite frankly, if she can help us, and doesn't try to siphon anyone's life force, then she can stay."

He turned around after calming down to notice a crippled man next to Kyriu. He overheard them talking. "Tell me everything that happened," he warily eyed the mob "did you cause the mob?"
    "Kind of..." Kyriu muttered.
    "And the fires?" he shook his head "someone start at the beginning." "Ah, you must be Carl." Jaeir eyed the man suspiciously, noticing his rough features and his brash tone towards Kyriu. "No, she didn't start the fires. Thistlepuff did. As for the flooding, that was my doing." He turned to the crowd, which was still staring at them, and the half sunken man in the stone. "If it wasn't for my help, none of you would be here, either." He turned back towards the cluster of companions and the new additions. "As far as possession goes, feel free to do whatever it is that you do. However, whatever tricks you may have up your sleeve, you better hope they're powerful. You aren't just messing with some ticked off spirit or otherworldly essence." He looked down at his chest where one of the tendrils from Thistlepuff hit him. The fabric itself wasn't charred, as a matter of fact it wasn't damaged at all, but the color of it was slightly different than the rest of his apparel. "No, this is so much more than some ghost" he mumbled softly. As the mob collected the coins and began to split off in all directions, Jaeir began to fill in Carl and Ssalizzera of the previous escapades that took place...
  2. Iksaress Member

The elderly Iksar's frilliks perked briefly at the mention of this "Tetriemmy Windfoot". Then her frills drooped considerably and she gave a soft huff with a frown. "Tetriemmy? <grumbled> That Ratonga... She's too nuts for nature.." she grumbled bitterly, giving a gentle roll of her eyes. "She should learn to ask questions first, cast later.." she said, shuddering. She looked over at Kyriu, and then to Jaeir again, her expression paling as she balked in dismay. "I just told you two young brats that I am retired! Why don't young'uns listen these days..?" she snapped angrily, giving another rattling sigh as she shook her head despairingly.

"Regardless, however.." she sighed. "I'm still willing to help, as long as you don't mind waiting a little longer for me to catch up with the group of ye. My movement isn't what it used to be a few hundred years ago.." She shook her head. "And no, I won't drain anyone in this group. I've far moved past just attacking innocents or good natured people."
  3. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu waited for Jaeir to finish bringing Carl up to speed before she spoke “You're wrong. I have known Tetri my entire life. Most of her hunts she does consider the impact. She is very wise. However I know what incidents you're referring to. There was a particular Necromancer she had been hunting for many years who was very good at hiding his involvement. His name was Crumpet Desmens. All fights with him led to disaster and she hated it. That village you mentioned she told me about it. She felt terrible about the destruction but Crumpet had set up something to kill everyone in there and make them his undead servants. She chased Crumpet out of it and destroyed the contraption. She then purged all of the necrotic energy out of the area. Things have changed over the past year though. She was finally able to track Crumpet back to his lab and kill him with no collateral damage. She destroyed his Phylactery too. Also one of her Cubs is a Freeblood. This has caused her to rethink many things. She is not nearly as Zealous as she was, but she was never as careless as you claim,” she left out the detail that Crumpet was Tetri's biological brother which had contributed to the rivalry. That detail was not important though as Crumpet was dead and she knew what she said was true. Tetriemmy was one of the wisest people Kyriu knew.
    Carl listened “This doesn't sound like possesion at all.”
    “What else could it be?” Kyriu asked
    “No idea,” Carl responded “I'll try to help if I can... if you still want me to., with the last part he met Kyriu's eyes “you asked me to come here. Can you get past my sins?”
    Kyriu gitted her teeth.
    Carl nodded “Your mother's last words...”
    “What ever it was said we would lose what was most precious to us! I already lost that thanks to you!” Kyriu shouted.
    Carl continued “were a prayer, 'with this my last star protect my daughter' that star severed my spine and nothing except being possessed by a demon allowed me to use my legs. Now having been through two exorcisms, a third would kill me. The Tribunal granted her prayer. Though I wish they had chosen another way... I'm a Bruiser who can't use half my body and now I'm trying to redeem myself. If I'm able to it won't bring back my brother nor his wife. Nothing will bring them back. I don't claim my actions were not wrong. Now do you want my help or not?”
    Kyriu nodded as she wiped tears from her eyes “If it's not possession...”
    “We'll figure out what it is.” he turned to the Fae “I want to be clear on something. I don't have power not like you do. What I have is expertise and the ability to still punch hard.” He turned to the Necromancer “I don't care what you do. I just have one favor if I die don't keep me as one of your servants. Let me go.”
    Kyriu's eyes narrowed “You won't get out that easily,”

“You are Jake's daughter,” Carl muttered “there is no doubt about that.”
  4. Prayos Well-Known Member

(Greetings, and I hope I can continue the excellence. Allow me to introduce high elf Dernia, Inquisitor of Tunare!)

She awoke in a sweat. Beads rolling down her face. Slowly she sat up, and as Dernia looked around her room, unable to comprehend what had just happened. These visions were coming more frequently now. Almost daily. Were they real? Are the people she's seeing real? Are the events happening now? The past? The future? She rubbed the sleep from her eyes. As she rubbed her eyes, she felt a wave of calm and warmth wash over her. She felt serene. When she opened her eyes again, there was a white wolf sitting in front of her.

"I know this wolf," she thought to herself. This feeling of recognition was unmistakable. Calmness washed over her again like a wave, and in an instant, she recognized who it was. She dropped to her knees on the floor, head bowed till her forehead touched the ground. "Mother," she said reverently.

"Rise, my child," came a soft, melodic voice in Dernia's head. Dernia stood up, and there stood the Mother of All, Tunare. She was beautiful in her high elf form. Her soft, white her radiated a light that made the room seem to be in mid day. "Listen, child. For I have bring troubling news."

Dernia stared at her in awe. It took everything she had not to prostrate herself before her goddess. "As you wish, Mother. I am yours, always."

Tunare's voice came into Dernia's head once again. "The dreams you have are real indeed. But they have not yet come to pass. Soon, Rallos shall destroy Luclin, and throw Norrath into a chaos. You must take your sister, Sarephym, and take up shelter so that you both survive this. The people in your dreams will need your help for what is to befall them. I can offer you no description of the tribulations that they will endure, only that they will need your help to overcome them. When the time comes, make your way to Kelethin. You are to wait there until the one in your dreams comes to find you. Sarephym will have her own journey to undertake in this new world. But you, you must help them. Do everything you can."

Dernia stood there trembling. A prophecy? And she's needed? What could possibly be the trouble? "I will do as you ask, Mother," she said with no hesitation. "How will I know when the time is right?"

Tunare smiled. "You will know when Luclin is whole once again." Tunare handed Dernia a book. "These new spells have been lost for generations. They will help you in the days to come. Learn them. Use them. Pass them on to those who wish to learn in earnest. I've told you all I can for now. We will speak again. For now, rest. Go back to sleep. Tomorrow, the world ends."

Dernia shot up in her bed. A dream, within a dream? Prophecy? What was going on? She went to lay her head down. She put her arm under her pillow and felt something. Moving her pillow, she saw a book. Without hesitation, she started reading this gift from Tunare. "I pray I don't fail you, Mother."
  5. Anamathae Member

"COME CHILD, YOUR TRAINING SHALL BEGIN," the voice spoke. "BEHOLD! FOR IT HAS BEEN FORETOLD THAT WHEN THE NIGHT JEWEL THAT WAS SUNDERED IS WHOLE AGAIN, WILL CHAOS AND ORDER BE BROUGHT FORTH BY THE FIVE AND THE FIVE WILL BE THE WORLDS END. SEEK YE THE FIVE WHOS NAMES HAVE BEEN REVEALED. THE CHILD WARRIOR, THE SOULESS ONE, THE ONCOMING STORM, THE MAIDEN, AND THE TWINS." the voice continued, "THIS WORLD HAS BECOME UNBALANCED FROM THE PERFECTION OF WHAT I HAD CREATED. EVIL AND GOOD FIGHTING FOR DOMINANCE HAS WOUNDED THIS WORLD AND THIS WORLD IS NOW... WRONG." it continued, "BEHOLD! FOR AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING FROM THIS THE CHILD OF LIGHT SHALL COME FORTH AND SHALL BE THE HERALD OF THAT WHICH HAS NO NAME AND ALL THE POWERS OF WHAT WAS AND WHAT WILL BE WILL BE GIVEN TO THIS CHILD OF LIGHT WHO SHALL HAVE DOMINION OVER THE EARTH, AND THE SKY AND THE STARS. AND THE STARS THEMESELVES WILL BE CONTAINED WITHIN THE CHILD OF LIGHT." "YOU SHALL BE MY HERALD, YOUNG ONE, MY HERALD TO RIGHT THE WRONGS OF THE WORLD AND TO BRING BALANCE" "LET US BEGIN.."

And from within that tower came the light eternal and the darkness of the void and the screams of the young fae, which echoed through time and space and then the stars themselves began to wink out one by one like as a candle's flame was blown out.

~~~~~~~~~
    Evening was approaching the docks as the heroes discussed what next course of action to take. As the sun fell below the horizon and night approached, a young man came running up to the heroes, his face ashen white. He collapsed at the heroes feet, "The stars! By the Gods! Look at the stars!" He fearfully pointed up as one by one, as moths drawn to a flame, the stars were winking out of sight and only darkness remained.
  6. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir turned to Carl, his eyes flashing with sparks. "Listen to me, and listen carefully. I don't care if you could shatter a mountain with your fist or not. Remember one thing; I will have no problem finishing the job that The Tribunal had started on you. Keep this in mind, you can't punch a storm." With that said, Jaeir went to turn around and get his pack when he heard a man tumble to the ground by the companions, shouting hysterically and pointing at the sky. He looked up and his face was drained of all expressions. The stars were disappearing. One by one, they were simply vanishing. "What in the..." Suddenly Jaeir froze, and began to hover off of the ground. Thunder could be heard, but there we no clouds, nor flashing lightning. One of his eyes turned a glowing blue, while the other, a radiant green. He turned to face the group of companions. "Mortals, hear us as we speak, for your assistance is needed in this dire time." A soft and flowing voice resonated from Jaeir. It was The All Mother. " You time has come to prove your worth, to save this world from being wiped clean. To show The Nameless his wrongdoings. To be heroes." The voice boomed like thunder; The Stormfather. They spoke together in perfect synchronization, "you have been written into this prophecy long before your times, and it is not that you must act. Together, you can prevail. Together you will be tested. Individually, you will fall. Think as one, work as one, fight as one. Save us all." Their voices faded, and Jaeir's eyes turned back to their normal abyssal black. He descended to the ground, landing on one of his knees, catching his breath. He looked up, and for the first time in many, many ages, his face showed that of worry.

~~~~~

"The Druid can do it. He can lead them to end this. He and the other heroes can save everything." a calm and clear voice echoed.
    "Of that I have no doubt. He is gifted far beyond any other fury that has ever seen Norrath, and that talent was there even before you and Karana poured your very essences into him. Normally even one of us would shatter a mortals being, but 2? Incredible. He isn't even damaged." said a fiery voice that crackled as it spoke.
    "Indeed. We knew what we were doing. Who better to have our power than him. No one else could channel it. And now, on top of that, he has his families heirloom jewel." a rumbling voice replied, reverberating off of the walls of pure light. "Both you and Brell had a hand in that, and in doing so, he has a direct tap into your powers as well. Even E'Ci. He knows how to use it, too, and not once has he wavered. I am afraid that the jewel will not always remain his though...if it got into the wrong hands, Norrath would crumble and burn. We were lucky that Mistmoore didn't realize its potential in time. The heroes must not fail. This world is not the only one at risk..."

~~~~~~

Jaeir stood up, and shook as he did. He turned back towards Carl. "Well old man, you have your work cut out for you. As I had mentioned before, this entity is not just some ghost. This isn't some simple possession. Thistlepuff is channeling a god. Just like me, just like Ssalizzera. The only difference is that she isn't in control of it, she's acting as a vessel for it. And from what the deities showed me, this world will look like Luclin used to if we don't stop them." He gazed up to the recently reformed Luclin. It looks so different now that it was the only light in the sky. He sighed and turned back to the group. "We've wasted enough time here, lets go." He flicked his hand as green sparks flew forward, and a shimmering misty disc that was encircled with glowing leaves appeared in front of the group. He gestured to Kyriu. "Portal sickness or not, you can either come through or stay behind. I can ease the sickness greatly for you so you only feel slightly dizzy upon arrival, but you cannot let go of me no matter what. Got it?" He looked at Ssalizzera. "Feel free to join us, I have a feeling we could use your help. Yours too..." He glanced at Carl, who snorted in response and gazed up at the sky.
  7. Iksaress Member

Ssalizzera glanced around briefly and huffed, tilting her head curiously and looking around. She crossed her arms, but then as she looked up towards the sky, her own expression paled and her arms fell to her sides. "What in the-... By the godssss..." she murmured, her own face showing a horrified visage as, what she saw, was unlike anything she had ever taken a look at. It scared her, certainly. Possibly more than when she had become Bertoxxulous' chosen. Granted she should've been used to things that'd spook her. After all, she summoned the dead and such, so this really shouldn't scare her too bad, but for some reason it certainly did.

Shortly after Jaeir rose up the way he did, Ssalizzera did something similar.. Or at least, similar in nature, not necessarily appearance. She fell to her knees. Her own eyes became abyssal black and then began to bleed. The noxious aura around her seemed to strengthen, causing a few of the dockworkers to actually stumble away and get sick. The voice that came from her sounded raspy and rattling, as if wretched with disease. It was Bertoxxulous' voice. She stood up slowly, but her posture became that of a zombie; slacking to one particular side with her head slumped to that side also. "You fools.. You may be written about in that wretched prophecy of those petty 'gods'.." the voice said, spitting the word 'gods', spitefully regarding Tunare, Karana, and the other good gods. "But that won't matter if you actually fail! Be written about all you want, you weak, healthy idiots, but none of that will matter a damn if you can't defeat that wretch known as The Nameless! Disease and death must continue to flourish. It's the natural order of life! Your wretched gods may extend your life for you, but know that plagues and pestilence, even my favoured child, Ssalizzera, will claim you! You are still mortal!!" Bertoxxulous said spitefully. "Spare this wretched world from The Nameless and I may grant you "heroes" reprieve from my hand!" The possessed avatar looked at Jaeir. "And keep that wretched nature-lover away from Ssalizzera! Both the little bug, and that wretched 'Tetriemmy'!!" He spat.

The Iksar groaned and fell down to her knees again, Bertoxxulous having no longer possessed it. She stood back up and coughed a few times, blood trickling from her lips. Her eyes continued bleeding for a few seconds before it stopped. She pulled out a small handkerchief and idly dabbed at her eyes and the blood streaks, giving a sigh. "I hate it when Lord Bertoxxulous does that.." she panted, shaking her head, shaking her head as she stood up straight again. "And I already told him that I retired!!"
  8. Brienae Active Member

On the Plane of Justice the six conversed. “We must act now if the Nameless is to have justice,”
    “Is she ready?”
    “She must be, there is no other way.”
    “Tunare and Karana, and Bertoxxulous keep balance in their own way,”
    “But justice is not their priority.”
    “Then are we in agreement?”
    “Yes if there is to be justice we must have our own chosen to make sure.”
    “Then it is time,”
    ~~~~~
    Carl studied the Fae after the threat. He said nothing. When he looked at the sky he sighed “Definitly not demons..” he looked back at Jaeir “You're right I can't punch a storm... but....
    Kyriu recognized the look in Carl's eyes, but befre she could say anyting Jaeir and Salizzera levitated
    Carl rolled himself back from the Iksar “Definitly not demons,” he muttered
    There was a flash of light in the shape of a scale which appeared over Kyriu before she collapsed to the dock.
    ~~~~~
    “Where am I?” Kyriu asked as she looked Around. She gasped when she saw the six robed figures. She bowed.
    “You are one of our most loyal followers.”
    “We have been watching you,”
    “The Nameless must be brought to justice,”
    “You will make sure that happens,”
    “We will give you our power.”
    “With it you will judge and know what is correct.”
    Kyriu blinked “I-I...”
    “You do not need to say anything, only do as justice demands.”
    Kyriu nodded as the six members of the Tribunal encircled her.
    ~~~~
    On the Butcherblock docks Kyriu opened her eyes and sat up. She looked at her uncle and then at the Iksar and the Fae. Her eyes were completely black “He is sincere in wanting redemption, however he craves the mercy of death to end his suffering. This can not be given to him. He must live out his punishment.” she spoke in both Sathirian (the language of the Iksars) and Faelie (the language of the Fae) at the same time. She blinked and her eyes returned to green. She swallowed “We need to figure out where we're going. There is much at stake”
    Carl sighed “As to what you were saying insect about finishing The Tribunal's work. Care to elaborate?” his hand went to his chest and he grunted in pain.
    Kyriu shook her head “You're staying. You also have knowledge of the planes and elements. Who knows perhaps if you help us that taint will disappear,”
    “You're a cold brat,” Carl muttered.

“Moving on... what do we know?” Kyriu asked the group.
  9. Prayos Well-Known Member

Dernia paced around the room. She’d been in Kelethin for months without meeting the ones from her dream. Her thoughts were racing. Was she mistaken? Is she too late? Her sister, Sarephym had left weeks earlier. She didn’t say what her part in all this was, just that she had to go to Butcherblock and wait for an emissary. She opened her book again. She knew it by heart now. How could she not? She’s only been studying it for 300 years. She’d passed her knowledge down to any survivor who had wished to learn it. In the beginning, there were but a few true healers left in the world. Many were nothing but charlatan’s performing parlor tricks. Now, the world was full of Templers and Inquisitors alike. While the gods had been away, Dernia had done as she had promised Tunare. She taught any and all who had wanted to learn. But now her teaching days were done. But how long was she supposed to wait here? She was growing impatient. Knowing that a doom is looming far worse than the Shattering, she felt helpless. “What if I fail them?”

“Be at ease, my child.” Dernia heard. She looked around, but then realized, she’d heard the voice come from the right. She looked over, and saw her mirror. But, it was only her reflection, and nothing else. Then it spoke. “You are not too late. Not yet. Events have transpired that the prophecy had not foreseen.”

“What events?” Dernia asked.

“The companions were put into play sooner than expected.”

Put into play? What did that mean? Was Tunare playing with us? Are our lives a joke to the gods? “What can I do, Mother?” she asked.

“You must go find them. And you must find them before Sarephym completes her objective. This is of the utmost importance. If Sarephym completes her mission before you find them, all will be lost.”
    ~~~~
    Sarephym stopped just outside the door. There was someone on the other side. She could feel it. She was resolved. She’d been in Kaladim for days. Tunare had given her the mission. Find the stone. That’s all she had to do. Find it, and touch it. She must continue on. Sarephym slowly stepped forward and touched the doorknob. At her touch, the door exploded, sending her flying backward, splinters flying all around her. She laid on the ground for moment, to gather her wits, her ears ringing. There was a sharp pain in her side. As she looked down, she saw a piece of the wood sticking out. She reached down and pulled it out. Putting pressure on the wound, she concentrated, and slowed the bleeding. Slowly, the wound began to close. She slowly stood up, looking around. Through the door, she felt the presence again. She still couldn’t see who, or what, it was.

Moving to the door way, she was able to begin making out shadows. As she drew closer, she saw a pedestal. On the pedestal, was an open box sitting upon an ornate pillow. The box itself was mundane looking. Next to the pedestal, she saw them. Two figures. One, a male, was holding something in his hands. The other was a female, with her hand on his shoulder. He slowly turned and saw Sarephym. Instant recognition stole across his face. He smiled that charming, devilish smile of his.

“Ah, my dearest Sare. Long time no see.” Sarephym stood there, frozen. She had not seen her old master since before the Shattering. How was it that Lucan was here, before her? She pulled her sword as she rushed toward him. Lucan winked at her, and in an instant, the other two were gone.

“Blessed Mother. We’re in trouble.”
  10. Anamathae Member

"AWAKE CHILD, THE TIME IS UPON US TO START CORRECTING THE ILLS OF THIS WORLD AND TO MAKE OUR NEW PARADISE." the voice was no longer in the room, but rather in Thistlepuff's mind. She rose above the chambers floor, hovering within the blue nimbus. "BY NOW," the voice continued, "MY CHILDREN, THAT WHICH YOU CALL THE GODS HAVE NOTICED WHAT WE ARE ATTEMPTING TO DO, AND HAVE IN THEIR OWN STUBBORN WAY I SUPPOSE ARE REBELLING AS IS THE NATURE OF ANY CHILD." The Nameless, paused puzzled by this for as with any emotion it came across, the upset feelings coming from Tunare, Bertoxxulous, The Stormfather and the Tribunal were as foreign to the Nameless as a boot to an ant. Thistlepuff, shared the same puzzlement as she looked at the skin of her arm and within it came forth the radiance of the stars. She was not afraid, not anymore. She knew what they had to do and Freeport was the first place to start. Closing her eyes she summoned the power within her and vanished from the tower, that was never there to begin with.
  11. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir flicked his wings and darted directly in front of Kyriu, staring into her eyes, fixated. His were sparking wildly. "I know you can hear me, Tribunal. I've been in your court before, and I know how it works. There are always loopholes, and even if its indirectly, I can always get what I want." He backed away, and turned to Carl. Simultaneously, and with lightning speed, he dashed towards him, the gust of wind from his wings knocking him and his chair backwards, while enchanted earth grasped the fallen man and held him in place. "Foolish man. It appears this 'insect' has a bit of an upper hand. Go ahead, try to punch through your bonds, because unless you're the gods who forged this amulet, or you are me, then there is no way to be free of them. Now, listen very closely, as I do believe your hearing is still intact. I don't have to kill you, I simply don't have to act in any way to save you. Seeing as how there is some sort of bad blood between you and Kyriu, I have a feeling there may be some hesitation of her saving you, should you get into danger, and believe me you will. With that being said, the Tribunal won't let you die. So unless you want to live with both the curse you already have, and a few other mortal wounds that you can collect along the way like crushed ribs or broken arms or bring half buried like that guy over there, then I suggest you bite your tongue, learn to be humble for once, and understand that you are here to be of use. Your time for redemption starts now, and the Tribunal isn't all you have to impress. Something tells me that if that curse of yours should be lifted, so does that protective hand of his over your frail body. Should that happen, you become fair game." Jaeir stood up with a smirk as he stared down at the struggling man, and hovered over towards the portal he created. "I suggest we all move. Now. If this closes before you step through, there is no way for you to get where we need to be. It's still quite a distance once we arrive, and no one else knows the location of the ruined village. Grab your things and lets go, I'll be on the other side." Jaeir's eyes were alit with sparks, and his hands crackled with his newfound power. It seemed to be taking a liking to him, and he enjoyed it as well. He stepped into the portal and vanished, and as he did, the bonds that held Carl to the ground retreated back into the earth, allowing him movement again. The portal began to flicker, and soon, it would be closed.
  12. Brienae Active Member

((Due to real life events Iksaress will be absent for awhile))
    Kyriu was still somewhat dazed from the recent event regarding The Tribunal
    Carl did try to pull against the bonds. There was panic in his eyes as he looked up at the Fae. “How do you know about that?” he asked “How do you know about the taint?”
    As Jaeir departed through the portal Kyriu seemed to come back to reality. She sat Carl and his chair back up much to his chagrin. “I'll meet you on the other side.”
    Carl blinked at her “You're sending me to be alone with that mad pixie? He makes your rat seem tame!”
    “Yes and it also guarantees that you go through that portal!” Kyriu snapped.
    “I suppose watching me be tortured makes you feel better?” Carl shot back.
    “No,” Kyriu sighed “I...”
    Carl nodded “He's right you will hesitate to save me, because you're conflicted,” with that he wheeled himself through the portal.
    Kyriu shook her head as she grabbed Kaki and Ssalizzera and pulled them through the portal with her. She looked around trying to figure out where they were. She turned to Jaeir “You and I need to talk.” she said coldly “We're all working together on the same team however when it comes to My Uncle I will decide how he is punished,” she swallowed “you're right I would hesitate... partially because as you put it bad blood, but it's complicated...” she bit the silver ring encircling her lip.
    Carl sighed “I'll tell them,” he looked at the Fae “you know what they say about power corrupting? It's true. The short of it is I was given a set of powerful weapons. They were very powerful but they have a cost. The longer they are wielded the more they corrupt the person with them. I had them for years,” he looked down in shame “There was a prophecy which said a child born of two worlds with hair of flame would destroy that power. The group I was with sent me to kill that child or one of them there were a few who fit...” he glanced at Kyriu “my own niece, but because of the weapons and the power running through me I didn't care. We knew she was always with her parents so I killed the parents.... my own brother. When I realized the brat wasn't there I announced my intention to find her and that was when the Wood-Elf prayed... her shuriken severed my spine,” he shook his head “I woke up underground unable to feel my legs and the weapons rejected me.” he sighed “I was then betrayed and sent to the Void Plain... I was able to return after agreeing to be possessed. While possessed I had use of my legs until I was exorcised. I was possessed again to save a young boys life, but that was short and I almost died... since then I have not been able to walk and...” he winced “you're right The Tribunal won't let me die yet... as for the curse how do you know about that?
    Kyriu shook her head “I'm pretty sure he was referring to your back,” she took a deep breath “Because of the demons and the weapons there is an evil energy in his heart. By doing good he can keep it in check and maybe eventually eliminate it, but if left alone for too long it will spread and corrupt him.” she bit her lip “If his heart is completely corrupted then and only then I'll kill him.”
    “Encouraging thought,” Carl muttered. His hand was over his heart “Alright now what is the next step?” he blinked at the Fae “As for being humble... how would you feel if more than half of your abilities were stripped from you? I'm a Bruiser... all I have is my hands and you tell me to be more humble?”

Kyriu took another deep breath “I'm new to this whole chosen thing, but I have prayed to The Tribunal my entire life. Justice is balanced and the Nameless will see Justice. That is also I think why we are all here together. He can help us and he has been idle too long... the dark energy has begun to spread again,” she swallowed "I may still be angry about Mama and Dad's murder but allowing the corruption to spread until he is evil beyond redemption is not Justice."
    Carl blinked at his niece "Thanks I think..."
  13. Anamathae Member

The morning in Freeport was like every other morning. Dark clouds scudded across the sky heavy with the rain that always seemed to fall upon the dark city. Citizens awoke and started their day like every other day. Yet, something was different about this morning. The air seemed sharper somehow, and a chill bit into the skin. High above the city, higher than even the Overlord's citadel a blue nimbus appeared. Most of the citizens below at first did not notice the strange glow, and those who did first dismissed it at yet another example of Lucan's power. Within that nimbus, Thistlepuff floated. "FREEPORT. LONG THIS CITY HAS CAUSED UNBALANCE AND CHAOS IN THIS WORLD. LIKE QEYNOS, YOU HAVE URSURPED MY CREATION AND HAVE EXALTED YOURSELF EVEN ABOVE MY CHILDREN THAT I HAVE CREATED TO GUIDE YOU." Once more the blue tendrils started to emerge from that nimbus. "THIS MUST NOT BE. TO PROLONG THIS CITIES EXISTANCE IS AN ABOMINATION TO WHAT I HAD BROUGHT FORTH." The tendrils reached out, extending themselves further. "THUS, WE HAVE NO CHOICE TO RIGHT THE WRONG THIS HAS CAUSED AND TO IN ITS PLACE, WILL ARISE PARADISE." The citizens below, screamed out for mercy, some running to the doors of the capital that lead to the Commonlands, some to the harbor and even some to the Overlord's Citadel itself. The tendrils crackling with energy started touching buildings, animals, and people alike, and those they touched simply vanished from existence. The judgment of Freeport had begun.
  14. Trivursar Active Member

"Well, you had best be quick about killing him then if the Tribunal decided he's been 'redeemed', I don't like waiting." He looked at Kyriu, eyes blazing with flashing sparks. "As for being humble, yes. Do it. You forget that out of this whole thing, you're still alive. You could be simply been ripped apart by the Tribunal, your soul thrown into some thread of the Ethernere and left there to be tortured miserably for all of eternity, while your corpse roamed the land of the living, only to be slaughtered. Yes, be humble. You still have your breath, you still have your hands, and you still, to some debatable degree, have your mind left. Now, I suggest you use it. In the meantime, be quiet, I need to listen." He looked around. It was dark and hazy. They had landed in the Commonlands, in the canyon cliffs southwest of the druid rings. A perk to being the Prime Fury, Jaeir's portals weren't only tied to the power that flows through the druid rings. Any natural area can be utilized. Off in the distance, a loud roaring could be heard, made by something massive. "There we are...just as I had hoped." He narrowed his eyes and jumped into the air, his wings carrying him above the companions. He could make out the shadowed figure of a rather large beast, flying around a torched village that lay in ruins next to a lazily moving river.

He landed and turned to the companions. As he was about to inform them of the beast, his eyes flashed green for a moment before a glowing essence emerged from his figure, and formed into that of a slender dark elf. A teacher of the druidic arts in Freeport. "Jaeir, thank the Gods you are here. Help us! We can't stop it, its taken so many of us already, we don't know what to do!" His eyes widened in surprise. "What? What are you talking about, what has taken your people?" "We don't know, its just a blue cloud above the Citadel, and it has glowing tendrils crawling out of it, everything they touch just vanishes from sight, help us!" Jaeir's face fell grim to the news, he knew exactly what was happening. "I will help, just get everyone inside, and barricade any opening you have. Do not let those things touch you. Alert the Academy and the Militia." With that, the form vanished and he flew to the top of a nearby peak. He looked towards the sky and inhaled, causing the clouds to funnel downwards. Right as the funnel was about to touch, he held out his hand, and the clouds spun down to collect in his palm, forming a brightly glowing pearl of air. He crushed it and blew it into the wind, and an air elemental formed, flowing and bright. "Get to the Overlord, tell him I sent you, and tell him to have the Arcane Academy raise the defense shields immediately. Have him send the militia out to bring everyone inside, and make sure that barrier get between the city and the cloud. I will be there as soon as I can to speak with him on the matter. If he has any rebuttals or refuses on the matter, then convince him otherwise..." He shot his hand into the air elemental and shortly, lightning began to flow through the translucent being, causing it to glow with untold crackling energy. "Go, now. I will be there shortly. One more thing, tell him to stay inside. Thistlepuff will be going for him once she finds him..." The elemental nodded, and vanished into the sky. The lightning charged elemental could be seen dancing through the sky towards Freeport, with a flash every so often, marking its distance. He glanced back at the group. "We have a city to save..."
  15. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu sighed “You don't understand.”
    “No I think he does,” Carl muttered. As the Tier'dal appeared and told of the events in Freeport he shook his head “I might be able to povide insight, but I'll be in your way unless I could speak through someone else... preferably someone who can walk and that no one here is going to kill or hold a grudge with.”
    Kyriu bit her lip “He's right, sounds like we're headed to a war zone. How long would it take to form a link with someone?”
    “Not long if they're willing.” Carl answered.
    Kyriu nodded. She watched Jaeir. “Now that is impressive.” she muttered. She turned to Carl “Do you have a way to get back to Kelethin?”
    “Yes,” Carl answered with narrowed eyes.
    “Good, go home and contact Alyerra. Do what ever you need quickly.” Kyriu answered. “I'll need her with whatever insight you can provide.”
    Carl nodded “Your best friend. Just one thing if she agrees is your zealous Pixie going to be okay with her?
    Kyriu bit her lip “Can you subdue her Inner Demon?”
    Carl paused deep in thought “Possibly
    Kyriu nodded “Go,”
    “And if bug boy disagrees?” Carl asked
    “Then I will do what I need to.” Kyriu responed “The important thing is we need to save Freeport.”
    “You're willing to save Freeport?” Carl quirked an eyebrow.
    “Yes what that Tier'dal described is wrong,” Kyriu answered “Now do what you need to be useful,”
    Carl sighed as he summoned some pillars and vanished.
    As Jaeir rejoined them Kyriu heard a familiar voice in her mind “You're insane, you know that right Ky?”
    Kyriu sighed “Does that mean you won't come?” she asked mentally
    “I didn't say that.” the voice responded “How long do I have to get there?”
    “Five minutes ago,” Kyriu mentally responded.
    “Okay then,” the other voice responded before it was gone.
    Kyriu turned to the others “I sent Carl back to Kelethin. Using the same technique I used earlier he can send his mind into a friend of mine. He will be able to use her senses and give her the knowledge we need.” she swallowed “Jaeir... since you are so tied to Nature I should tell you she's...”
    “Undead,” Alyerra finished as she materialized next to Ky as she spoke. She appeared Tier'dal except with blonde hair which she wore down hiding her ears. On her back was a guitar “I must say this is odd having another voice in my head.”
    Kyriu mumbled“Try six”
    Alyerra quirked an eyebrow and then blinked and looked around at the group “I am out of my league,” she muttered “Let me get this straight we have a chosen from Betoxxulous, a chosen of Tunare or is it Karana? And you Ky have been chosen by the Tribunal.”
    “You'll be fine,” Kyriu answered “This is Alyerra, she 's my cousin.” she took a moment to introduce the rest of the group. “I would trust Aly with my life.”
    Alyerra sighed“You give me far too much credit,” she mumbled “So let me get this straight we're saving Freeport from a blue cloud of doom?”
    “Basically,” Kyriu answered.
    “Alright then, what are we waiting for?” Alyerra asked as she drew the two rapiers from her hips. “And before you ask Ky, I fed just before your uncle arrived so that shouldn't be a problem.” she sighed “I just have a couple of favors to ask,” she glanced at Jaeir “Please don't heal me,” she turned to the Necromancer “and please don't try to control me,” she swallowed “other than that I'm willing to do what ever you need.” she turned back to Jaeir “I've gotten the impression you're in charge.” she swallowed “You are also strong in Nature so I will say this although Carl doesn't think it's a good idea, it's not his body... If I change, do what ever you need too to incapacitate me. I should be fine, but if I lose control... I don't want to hurt anyone. Oh and as for the Bruiser jerk, I'll tell y'all anything relevant,”
    Kyriu swallowed “Alright then let's save Freeport” she glanced at the sky “we might have more coming... possibly a chosen of Mithaniel,”

Alyerra nodded to Jaier indicating she was ready to follow his lead.
  16. Anamathae Member

Alarms rang out from within the walls of Freeport. The militia had been summoned and at best tried to contain the mass panic of the populace but they were pressed to the limit. The mages, being alerted from the commands from the Citadel had raised the defense shields between the city and the blue nimbus. Massive explosions of light and sound came forth as each tendril touched the shield. A collective sigh and cheer came from the populace below as for now it seemed that the attack had been thwarted.

"CURIOUS," Thistlepuff said to the Nameless. "IT IS ALMOST AS IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE IN THIS IMBALANCED WORLD" She and the Nameless pondered this. "FREEPORT, DO YOU NOT WANT PERFECTION? IS PARADISE SIMPLY BEYOND YOUR UNDERSTANDING?"

"PERHAPS, THIS IS NOT THE WAY?" Thistlepuff sated to the Nameless. "PERHAPS NOT CHILD, ALTHOUGH DO NOT LET YOUR EMOTIONS GET AHOLD OF YOU" The Nameless rebuked her, as if it even understood the meaning of the word.
    "COME, WE WILL PONDER THIS." it spoke. Thistlepuff, looked around. And saw in the distance the small remains of a village by a river. "IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR COMPANIONS HAVE FOUND US." The Namless spoke, "LET US GO GREET THEM."

Thistlepuff, closed her eyes. concentrated. And with no sound, the blue nimbus vanished from Freeport, to appear moments later in front of the group.

"MY COMPANIONS," she stated to the group. "THREE OF THE FIVE ARE HERE." She nodded at each of the members of the group. "THE CHILD WARRIOR" nodding at Kyriu. "THE SOULESS ONE" Indicating Ssalizerra. "THE ONCOMING STORM" finally looking at Jaeir. "YET WERE ARE THE OTHERS?" "WHERE IS THE MAIDEN AND THE TWINS?" "IT MATTERS NOT, WHY ARE YOU HERE?" she asked them with curiosity.
  17. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir stepped between the group and Thistlepuff, ready to defend them at any moment, should the Nameless attack. He steadied his hands at his sides, waiting. "Thistlepuff, this 'perfect world' that...you...speak of, it doesn't exist. It will never exist. A utopian society cannot happen, not in this thread, not in this time, not ever. To do so means to re-write the mortal races completely. By doing so, you'd have to take away everything that makes us who we are. Youd have to take away free will." As he said that, he stared deeply into Thistlepuffs eyes, conveying his meaning even more, knowing that while the Nameless had a hold on her, somewhere inside, alone, was Thistlepuff. He knew she heard that. He knew she would understand. "To have a world that is 'perfect' means you have no hierarchy. Nothing to distinguish anyone from anybody else. No good, no bad. You cannot have perfection without something to compare it to, without something that is flawed, to SHOW that, indeed, something else is perfect. You cannot have love, you cannot have beauty, you cannot have happiness. You once said you were a Grand Wizard, someone of incredible talents and skill, able to do what few can. That was your dream, your aspiration, not to be good, or great, but to be grand. This world has yet to see the amazing things you can do, don't give that up all for a pursuit that will end in nothing but oblivion."

He lowered his hands and simply hovered there, waiting for a response. Without any delay, and before anyone could react, the shriek of an arrow let loose pierced the air and punctured Jaeirs wings, leaving a gaping hole between both of them. He screamed in agony as the pain, and the skies heard him, the earth felt him, and the winds gave way to him. He collapsed next to the arrow, groaning at the pain of it. The arrow was not of any he had seen before, the tip was that of a red crystal, shaped into an arrowhead, and had a bright glint to it. The shaft was a white wood, sturdy and smooth, and the fletchings were almost translucent. He grabbed the arrow and broke it in his hands, which were glowing furiously with white light. He turned around to see a hooded figure darting along the tops of the mountains in the distance. Without any hesitation, he swept his hands infront of him, across the mountain range, and they began to crumble rapidly, as if they turned to sand. The skies darkened at an incredible rate, before flashing wildly with lightning, which danced over the mountains, obliterating anything it struck, until there was nothing but a cloud of dust. Jaeir roared in anger, and with one sweeping motion, cleared the air of all dust, and evened out the crushed mountains. He raised his hands, and in doing so, a pillar of earth rose, holding the limp body of the assailant. He brought his hands inward, and the pillar rushed towards him, carrying the body. When it reached him, he swiped his hands away and the pillar returned to the earth, letting the body fall with a loud thud, causing the being to groan loudly. "You DARE attack me?!" Jaeir bellowed, the land rumbling with every word and the skies echoing his voice. "Who do you think you are, you damned fool. What kind of arrow is this?" The figure rolled over with great struggle, gasping for breath at every movement. He looked up to Jaeir and smiled. "Quite a while since I last saw you, old friend..."

Jaeirs face went void of any expression. He staggered backwards, his wings still burning from being pierced. "You...this...the arrow...this cannot be what I think it is? No, there is no way..." He looked at the broken arrow, the tip still glimmering even in the darkness. He turned his head to look at his wings, which were bleeding slightly from the wounds. He held his hands over his head, and an icy green glow began to flow from them, embracing his wings. When he finished, the holes were still there, and the rims of them were still glowing the same red that the crystal tip was. They burned, incredibly hot, and slowly the holles grew bigger. Within hours his wings would be gone completely... "No..." he whispered. His face darkened with anger and agony, and he became slightly frantic. "What did you DO TO ME!" he shrieked, and lightning danced in the sky, brighter than ever before. "I helped you. You tried to save my life long ago, when we were but young Fae, newly blossomed from our spirit buds. I'm returning the favor. You shall see..." The figure coughed, and blood trickled down his lip as he gasped for air. "You ruined my wings. You crippled me! YOU TOOK AWAY THE VERY THING THAT MAKES ME A FAE. YOU HAVE LEFT ME GROUNDED, I SHOULD HAVE LET YOU DIE!" Jaeir raised his hands towards the sky, and embers, static sparks and dust began to swirl around them, furiously, before forming into a glowing multi colored sphere. The sky above began to spiral downwards, the tip of it flowing into the sphere, while the earth began to tremble, and fragments of it broke apart and became scattered to the winds. "YOU HAVE DONE ME NO FAVORS TODAY, YOU HAVE LEFT ME TO BE A FRACTION OF WHAT I ONCE WAS, AND FOR THAT YOU WILL FOREVER SEE BEYOND THE VEILED THREADS!" "No, Jaeir, please! Hear me out!" But it was too late. Jaeir brought his hands down, and what followed was catastrophic. The very fabric of reality rippled at the impact of the glowing orb. Blinding light, deafening roaring of the explosion, and the very force of the power being released sent anything and everything flying in every direction, if it wasn't vaporized in the process. Jaeir was left standing, he hadn't budged at all during the process. He simply stood there now, on the ground, looking at the crater that was once solid ground. Ground that had once held the body of an old friend. He turned around, facing the devastation of his act, looking at the scattered companions. "No more holding back...no more locking away what I really am. No more hiding my power. No more hiding what I am now..." He raised his hands which were ablaze with fire, and held them above his head. As tears ran down his face, and with a quick flick of his fingers, his wings ignited. The screams that followed were horrific, and nature itself shrunk away from him as if the elements themselves were afraid. He stood up shortly after, with nothing to show for him once having wings, aside from burn scars on his back. He turned towards Thistlepuff and spoke to the nameless. The voices of the gods that he contains, and those he has a direct life-link to, spoke with him. "This world is not perfect, but it doesn't have to be. This world has yet to see the full force of nature, of the elements. There is no oncoming storm anymore. The storm is here. Feel my Fury!"
  18. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu glanced at Alyerra.
    Alyerra shrugged “Carl has nothing,” she swallowed “but I do. Seeking perfection is what They said. When they started one of them mentioned cleansing...”
    Kyriu touched her friend's shoulder “Don't focus on that focus on now,” she pulled Alyerra away from Jaeir as he lost his temper for obvious reasons. She shuddered likening a Fae losing their wings to her losing her legs or arms. She turned her attention to the Nameless. Her eyes turned black. She struck her staff on the ground five times and with each hit she muliplied. All six Kyrius encircled the cloud that was the Nameless/Thistlepuff. “You are charged with attempted world destruction, how do you plead?” each Kyriu spoke in a different language.
    “Ky?” Aly asked in confusion. She blinked “The jerk...” she hissed as her eyes began to flicker between red and blue. Both Jaeir and Kyriu were occupied with the named. “Please don't do this,” she mentally pleaded.
    “Why not?” Carl asked “I have seen the inner demon and it is more my style.”
    Alyerra began trembling as she tried to fight the transformation. “Come back when you're not going to use my hunger as your personal weapon,” she mentally hissed as she blocked him off. She looked at the cloud and raised her voice ““I know we have never met. I am a friend of Kyriu's. I am also a Freeblood, a vampireI don't know if they followed the Nameless,” she focused o the Fae in the middle but I was captured by a group which sought to purify me. I was a Half-Tier'dal. They cleansed me... of everything, and because I was hesitant to die... because my mother needs me I woke up with no heart beat, no blood flowing through my veins. I can't even digest normal food. I have to drink blood. This is someones idea of perfection. I had to die to achieve it. I never wanted to be this. Look around you. You have the power to seek perfection, but at what cost? Is Perfection worth creating a world of death and nothing?” she glared at the Fae wizard “My mother is mentally ill. I am the only one who can calm her. It is for her I hesitated to die. It is for her that I don't have...” she bit her lip as she mulled over her next words “it is for her I don't have a permanent death wish.” she met Thistlepuff's eyes with her own steady blue ones. “Surely that is worth something. I know there are others in the world who fight for other people. I'm not perfect. I don't know anyone who is but we try.” she took a deep breath hoping she was reaching the Fae in the center.
  19. Anamathae Member

The herald of the Nameless looked at each member of the group with amusement and it reflected in her voice. "YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TRYING TO ACHIEVE." the Herald said. "CAN YOU NOT SEE THE WRONGS OF THIS WORLD?" the herald now spoke with sadness in it's voice. "EACH OF YOU HAVE SUFFERED. YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE." The Herald of the Nameless looked at Kyriu, "YOU LOST YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, KILLED BY THE ONE WHO ESCAPED THE PUNISHMENT HE SO RIGHTLY DESERVES. I SEE YOUR PARENTS EVEN NOW IN THE ETHENERE, I WOULD RESTORE THEM TO YOU." To Alyerra, "WRONGED BY THOSE WHO SAW WHAT THEY WOULD CALL PERFECTION AND NOW YOU ARE CURSED. WOULD YOU NOT HAVE YOUR LIFE BACK AND MAKE THOSE WHO TOOK YOUR LIFE FROM YOU SUFFER FOR IT? I HAVE THE POWER TO DO SO IF YOU WISH IT" The Herald looked at Jaeir, "AND YOU JAEIR, YOUR WINGS WERE TAKEN FROM YOU, AND NOW YOU ARE BROKEN, DOOMED TO WALK THIS WORLD FOREVERMORE. WOULD YOU NOT HAVE ME UNDO WHAT HAS BEEN DONE?" Finally to Ssalizzera , "AND YOU, UNDEAD ONE, ONE WITH NO SOUL, I WOULD RESTORE YOUR LIFE BACK TO YOU, JUST SAY THE WORD"

"AS FOR MY PLEA?" The Herald looked at each of the heroes. "FOOLISH, FOOLISH CHILDREN OF MINE" "I OFFER YOU EACH BACK TO YOU WHAT YOU WOULD DESIRE, AND LET ME RIGHT THE WRONGS OF THIS WORLD INTO MY NEW PARADISE, BUT HEED MY WARNING, THIS WOULD BE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO DO SO. FACE AGAINST ME AGAIN, AND YOU WILL LOSE FOREVERMORE WHAT IS MOST PRECIOUS TO YOU" "NOW AWAY WITH YOU, THINK ON WHAT I HAVE SAID AS YOU CONTEMPLATE THIS. WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR ANSWER, I WLL BE WAITING."

The Herald closed its eyes, concentrated and suddenly the group found themselves on the Plane of Void. And from the shadows , eight shapes of large forms began to appear, crackling with dark energy and howls of hunger.

20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

{{{OOC...bold instead of caps maybe? caps are not a friendly read Hugs to Kaki and Skvee, btw...miss them.}}}