Help Us Make Our Games Better!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

As an active player in the community, there’s no doubt that you've stumbled across bugs in-game. A quest you can’t complete. Some NPC that doesn't behave the way that he ought to. With games as big as EverQuest and EverQuest 2, we really need more eyes to make sure we track down the issues that players have the biggest problems with.

That’s where YOU come in!

[IMG]

Some members of our community have built the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker. The goal of this tool is simple. Tell us what the bugs are, confirm what other players say are bugs are ACTUALLY bugs, and vote up the issues that you want to be priorities for our team!

Even though we don’t reply to every post on our forums, Reddit, and other social channels like Facebook and Twitter, our team reads all of your posts. When we hear someone talk about a bug, our team goes in-game to confirm it’s an issue first before we research ways to fix it. Having YOU involved finding these bugs and having members of the community confirm that they’re legit will save our game devs HUNDREDS of hours each month, that we can use making the game better for you.

So what do you think? Daybreak Community Issue Tracker… Tell your friends!

(Special Note: This is a community run site. Do NOT use the same user name or password here you use for other Daybreak services).
    Kurisutaru, Katz and HaphazardAllure like this.
  2. Nooloon Active Member

"Even though we don’t reply to every post on our forums, Reddit, and other social channels like Facebook and Twitter, our team reads all of your posts."

There is a "Bug", right there. Four separate places in which to post comments and ideas. Consolidate.
    FriggaWitch, Siren, Corisu and 17 others like this.
  3. Nocturnus Member

So is this for... bugs?

I'm guessing so?

Great idea, but i'm terribly worried about player abuse. The first post on the EQ2 section is already a Balance Issue and not a bug.
  4. Feara Well-Known Member

Does this help the Team more than using bug/feedback in game?

P.S. Awesome job to the members who contributed.
    Pumarah, Seefar and HaphazardAllure like this.
  5. Powers New Member

They have to meet users where they are. They can't stop people from commenting on Twitter or Facebook or Reddit. They could ditch the forums, I suppose, but that would be pretty weird, don't you think?

Powers &8^]
  6. Edrickx Member

Will this be the new superior method of ignoring our bug reports? Because I don't see a problem with the old system; complete the bug report form and then submit it to the recycle bin.
    Landreau, Amybelle, Siren and 8 others like this.
  7. Tallithia New Member

I know you are asking about the game, but most of my frustration comes from your website. Trying to send a petition via game, having to log in for every page you go to, and the over whelming information/choices to access or find information is ridiculous. I can't tell you how many times I have cussed out SOE for their lack of ability/care in their website functionality, or lack of.
    In web design our number one rule "if it takes more then 3 clicks for a person to find what they are looking for, you loose them".

The bug tracker you show above looks like a good tool. It's good to know if something is an actual bug or if I'm just having a bad day.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Can someone make a way to vote on what player-studio items we want to get into the game first? that would rock
    Moonpanther, Naramsin and Edelphia like this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

There has recently been a push to get people TO reddit rather then the forums. It's not an issue of being where the people are so much as there being no central place for information. They don't have a central site for info that is disseminated to various sites... each site has a different piece of the puzzle making it harder for players to get the full picture.
    GrunEQ and NickStern like this.
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

Official Forums and in-game feedback anyone?

Nah. To simple.
  11. Ynnek Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Now also applies to "Official Locations to Discuss EQ2 Bugs". ;)
  12. Edelphia Well-Known Member

This system would be a nice central spot for bugs, if players and devs both use it. We will have to wait and see how it goes. I am optimistic that a centralized place for issues would be a good thing.

I never have liked the multiple platform social media thing because different information is delivered on each one. I am on FB and twitter and neither one gets the same information as the other one. Keep it centralized on the forums or only one social media. If people want the info, they will get on that form of media, no matter what it is.
    NickStern and Naramsin like this.
  13. Ordonidaaru New Member

So, yet ANOTHER site to use? This is ridiculous! And as Edrickx said: just another way to ignore the bug reports. We won't get a warm fuzzy feeling seeing what other bugs are being reported, we just get another site to visit with another name/password to keep track of. No thanks.

There are bugs that have been in this game since launch. The only bugs that do get fixed are those that affect raiding and those folks scream about it. I don't for one second believe DBG is going to make any more effort to fix things than SOE did. You just want to appear to be doing something for the players. But so far all you've done is ask for more money for less effort. Again, no thanks.
    Siren, GrunEQ, Poopcicle and 4 others like this.
  14. Laiina Well-Known Member

You know it really does get old when every post of the devs is met with that kind of negative comment. Sometimes I wonder why they ever bother to post.
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

So can we like... keep "official" feedback to this thing (for upvoting) and forums? Seriously, 5 different feedback mechanisms sucks.

Anyhow, posted my first thing on it: https://soeissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-4
    Calthine and Moonpanther like this.
  16. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Okay, I just signed up there and I have to say that their captchas are difficult to read, with some letters overlapping others to the point where for instance, an "i" overlaps an "n", making it hard to read the actual word. I had to do four different captchas in a row before completing the signup. Then there is the multi-step tutorial on how to submit issues that seems more difficult than it needs to be.

Because this is just one more website to rememer and on top of that, it seems to rather complex to me, I will not be using this website. If I have a bug, I will submit it in-game then file a petition letting the GMs know that I submitted the bug report.

I agree with others that say to keep it centralized. More is not always better, and sometimes tends to make things more complex than they need to be.
  17. Eressa Member

No, it isn't Having only one source means if they get DDoSed or something like the DNS kark up from last year ever happens again, you're stuck relying on a single, now entirely inaccessible point of contact. The forums tend to be slow and go down if a sparrow farts in Montana. Multiple ways to get the company's ear is a good thing.
  18. Uncle Active Member

actually I like the looks of this.. it give the day break I way to staticly track and fix things that we have always wanted fixed.. or if they cant due to man power they have the means to say bring in ppl that can fix it.

Uncle
  19. Reginal New Member

I would like there to be an orc race. Also i think if should be sort of race/faction community contest. It can be to where you do complete quest, dungeon, and fight other players or mobs to gain faction or respect in the community or gruoup you joined.with that you can make race oriented npc and new armor and weapons for specific races only. Another idea i have is to have a freeport vs qeynos server or "battle ground" sort of thing where you can assemble raids and try to take down the opposing city. these are some new ideas not bugs or issues just some cool things to throw out.
  20. DarkSky New Member

#MIC DROP