Rum Cellar F.S. Distillery:Stowaways (Adv Solo)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Elfrina, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Elfrina Member

Good to people who dont have raid gear, it's going to be pretty difficult
  2. Thand Well-Known Member

depends on the class. on the second name my conj breezes though. but on My monk with the power drain my monk can't even kill a single barrel in time before the boss kills him
  3. Chrol Developer

These fights have been updated, with the latest changes going out yesterday evening. I'd give them another shot and see how it goes. Good luck!
    Wintir and Feara like this.
  4. Uncle Active Member

ran it this morning on my channeler decently geared nothing special and I stayed up a lil longer but got worked pretty good
  5. Enric_of_Neriak Member

Yeah. I'm wearing 4/4 yellow gemmed DPS gear and I'm not seeing a difference once the adds spawn. With a merc I don't see me being able to do this zone even if I swap out to be more defensive. I'm also not sure that's a bad thing though. I don't want it to be trivial but I don't think I should need more than 4/4 yellow gear to do this zone.

I don't envy you having to balance this.

Edit to add. The rest of the named are faceroll easy as long as I pay attention/auto-attack. o_O
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

One thing that I found difficult is that the cross-hairs for Zafalflump, or whatever his name is, aren't visible on the 1st floor. I didn't originally see the green circles and boxes on the 2nd floor so I was covering them on the 1st.

After staying up top, I was able to see the cross-hairs and stay out of them.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Due to the target lock while trying to place the boxes on the circles I don't even bother trying to get the ones on the lower floor.
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I didn't originally see the crates up top and figured there was some kind of fail condition. I will likely not bother with any of them at this point.

Edit: I also found that some of the the stowaways weren't readily visible. After killing about 5 or 6 that were easy enough to find, I couldn't see the remainder until after a couple laps on both floors. When they did appear, I was almost on top of them.
  9. Chrol Developer

Brownies have an amazing knack for remaining hidden, even while drunk.
    Kittybock likes this.
  10. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Well, I'm hoping to get Brownie destroyer off of some of those punks. Only 9938 more to go.
  11. Karagon Active Member

Zone is too short.. It takes me 2 min's to clear it with my monk. Why only 3 names are there?( And why collections are body drop only?
    Is it possible to make it more challenging with more rewarding loot? Challenge mode somehow maybe? As for heroic? Or it's too late to change something?
  12. Chrol Developer

With the gear you're wearing 2 minutes seems at least 15 seconds too long. Stop slacking.

It's an Event Heroic style zone that's brought into the Advanced Solo fold, so 3 bosses that shouldn't take more than 20 or 30 minutes to complete. The collections that drop are what you'd find in the heroics (at least they can be).
    Ambi, Kittybock, Vainamoinen and 3 others like this.
  13. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I must say that with my Beastlord who has a mix of 4 gem yellow malice gear and the best MC experimented for the rest is having a heck of a time on the last fight in here with a merc. I've tried healer, pally, and the AoM CE merc and none of them seem to be able to keep up with damage and cure at the same time. I'll keep trying after I get more pots, but usually I'm dead by the time I've set all the first floor boxes in place, or the merc dies and I don't have heals anymore.

I've read all the tips, and even watched a video, but the people who are being successful seem to be able to one-shot the adds and I have nowhere near the dps to do that.

I can do all the other solo advanced zones with zero problems.
  14. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Hmm, after the brief server downtime I was able to do the last fight without getting insta-ganked at some point even though I've always avoided the white target areas in the past. I didn't do anything different, I just didn't seem to suddenly lose a ton of health for no reason. Yay!
  15. Chrol Developer

Yes this fight has been toned down as of today's hotfix.
  16. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Thanks much for that. Beastlords have a terrible time with these types of fights since we are so reliant on savagery and we aren't able to raise it in these every so often there's an add fights. I don't mind figuring out a script and doing a bit of dancing around to win the fight, but when your class needs to be geared higher than the zone was intended for just to win it is a bit of a drag. (Wouldn't mind someone working on Beastlords usability in general, but that's another thread!)
  17. Flatline Well-Known Member

After hotfix thursday, this zone seems to have a nag of crashing while looting the chest from the named rat. The result seems to be that when you come back

A) chest is gone
    B) corpse is gone
    C) No progression as brownie stowaways dont spawn

There have been numerous people speaking about this on AB general chat today.
  18. Wintir Active Member

When I did the AS version, I only saw TWO namers, not 3 :( I did my first AS last night when I got home from work and was very tired and not alert. Where is said 3rd namer, please?
  19. jimmyfrank Member

Clear all brownies on 2nd floor he will then spawn
    Kittybock likes this.
  20. Wintir Active Member

Thanks, JimmyFrank. I got the 3rd namer, Zaxfalump to spawn, but he ripped me a new one. Working on a strat for him ;)
    Kittybock likes this.