(Roleplay) Proving Worth

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Brienae, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir saw Thistlepuff move through the flashes of the lightning in the storm. Unaware of what was happening, and thinking that she was still under the control of the entity, he clenched his fists and the storm gained momentum, tearing the inside of the dome apart. His skin began to darken to match that of the clouds, and his wings turned pitch black. Soon, he appeared as if the storm clouds themselves enveloped him. His eyes glowed brightly through the shadows of his figure, black, but still visible. As if he was ascending into the storm itself, he began to hover off of the ground, with a misty black essence flowing from under him and creeping along the split stone below. Lightning danced around him, obliterating anything it hit. The thunder roared, shaking the entire land, and as quickly as the lightning struck, he heard it. "Jaeir" the voice said. It was gentle, calming and serene. "Jaeir, listen...listen to the winds, listen to the earth, you ARE the force of nature, you must tend to all aspects of it,and you must not forget to listen to it." ""JAEIR! STOP! STOP THE STORM!" he heard Thistlepuff's voice say to him. It was faint, pleading. "Thistlepuff?" he thought to himself. His eyes flashed beneath the blackness that was his physical shell, causing lightning to dance in the clouds, long enough for him to catch Thistlepuff waving at him to stop the impending disaster. "Thistlepuff, are you free? Are you okay?!" His voice did not come from his body, instead it was a collective of hundreds of voices, echoing through the immense dome that encased them. The land itself channeled his voice through itself, through the stones, the trees, the wind and the rain and the snow. Jaeir spoke for all of nature, and now, nature spoke for him. Beneath the shadows, beneath his physical form, Jaeir was there. He saw the storm raging on, the land churning at the power of it, and knew the outcome to anything inside the ice prison that surrounded them...

"Thistlepuff...run. Take the others, take them somewhere safe and stay there. DO NOT COME BACK!" He forced his arm upward towards an area of the frozen sphere, and lightning shot out, bombarding the ice and causing it to crack, and eventually shatter, producing a small hole. "RUN!" His voice flowed through the earth, through the wind and the ice that filled the glacial prison, and the voices of nature called out to his companions in suit, screaming at them to run. "Please..."
  2. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu opened her eyes as she returned to herself closing the connection between herself and Thistlepuff. She stood and looked around. She saw Kaki just in front of her. She also saw Thistlepuff and Jaeir. She tried to recall if she had ever seen a storm like this. She shook her head "Kaki get Thistlepuff out of here! I'll see if I can get Jaeir's body!" she shouted over the storm. She had no plan. "Tribunal please guide me. The world has need of his power, how can I aid him?" she whispered. She closed her eyes in thought.
    Her mind wandered and stopped on a memory: She was a child lost in Everfrost. The wind and snow raged around her. She couldn't see anything. She shivered "Dad, Mama!" she called into the blizzard. Faintly she heard two voices call her name. She recognized her parents voice but they echoed among the cliffs. The young girl began to panic until she heard her mother's voice in her mind "Focus on where you are," Mesena instructed.
    Kyriu swallow and focused on the cliffs around her. She felt strong arms wrap around her. She turned her head and looked into the hazel eyes of her human father.
    "I'm right here Ky, you're safe." Jacob whispered.
    In the present day Kyriu looked towards the Fae who seemed to be causing the storm. Her mind was made up. First she had to make sure the other's were safe. "Kaki, take of Thistlepuff, we'll meet y'all at the docks."
  3. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff struggled to rise, but the winds howling around the area were making it difficult. She had heard the voice of Jaeir coming from all around her within the winds itself. She looked towards the hole in the ice that the lightning had caused, but it seemed so very far away. Using her wings in this wind was impossible, so she called out to Kaki who was standing nearby. "Kaki!" she called out, "I cannot fly in this wind! You will need to help me!" she called out to the Ratonga.
  4. Bint and Teekie Member

"I'll gets her!" Kaki answered as he retrieved his sword. It was slightly battered and dulled from the extended abuse he'd exposed it to, but it would have to endure it a while longer, as would his shield. Kaki quickly scanned the area in front of him. The violent air was still filled with flying debris and lightning struck the ground with a blast every so often. Any bad step and you'll be sent flying again, yet the risk would be just as high no matter if you went fast or slow. Kaki took a deep breath and leapt forward.

Kaki dodged around the bigger debris as they fell down, blocked the smaller ones which would be impossible to dodge, almost slipped on two icy spots but finally managed to reach Thistlepuff. He landed next to her and grabbed hold of her body with his shield arm moments before another rock hit the shield where the Fae just stood. The Ratonga was panting slightly.

"Missie Thistlepuff! Glad to see you're backs with us." Kaki said cheerfully in between his breaths. Then he turned serious. "Kyriu's going to help Jaeir. We have to leaves this place and meet up with thems later if we are to survive this." A few more rocks ricochet off his armour, urging them to hurry up. "I can try to runs out with you like this, but it'll be uncomfortable and difficult. However if you transforms into your tiny self, you can rides together with Skvee in his pouch." Kaki braced himself as another salvo hit him in his back. He frowned from the impact. "It'll still be uncomfortable, but at least safers. Decides fast how we should go! I'll run as soons as you're ready!"
  5. Trivursar Active Member

Norrath had not seen a storm like this since the cataclysm. The rapid destruction of the area was incredibly volatile. Boulders turned to rocks, turned to pebbles and turned to sand and dust. The once mighty trees were now charred and frozen, shattering into millions of slivers. The earth split apart, causing chasms that stretched to unknown depths. At the center of it all, shrouded in frozen black clouds that swirled with untold energy, was Jaeir. His eyes were glowing with the fury of the storm, his skin was as black as the sky, his wings were a charred black, shimmering as they were coated in a thin ice. He was still, as if frozen in the torn wasteland that was being ravaged just outside his swirling confines. He could hear the occasional rock or tree hit his radiant capsule, only for them to be obliterated into dust at the moment of impact. No other sound could be heard. Even the deafening thunder outside was but a soft whisper inside, unnoticeable unless you were listening for it.

His eyes shifted slightly as he blinked, and in response, the storm let lose multiple bolts of lightning, striking the ground and in some cases, the walls of the newly formed chasms, causing chunks of the walls to collapse, sending charged rocks tumbling down through the abyss. He closed his eyes and listened. He listened through the shattered earth, through the virulent winds and the tumultuous sleet that poured down. He listened to the voices of nature trying to reach his friends, and he heard one voice that did not echo the rest. It was an ancient voice, deadly and laced with joyous evil. It called his name, toying with him. His head tilted slightly as he tried to make out what it was saying, and as he did, he grew frustrated. His heart began to beat faster, and the thunder and lightning rolled in response. His breaths were faster, heavier, and the winds raced even quicker, forming funnels that tore apart the ground and anything they passed near. "Jaeir..." the voice said, "remember me? Remember the city? All those burning citizens...their cries echoing into the sky, calling for help." Jaeir's mind swirled, trying to locate the voice, trying to grasp it.

The clouds outside began to swirl together, above his glowing prism. "That Fae served as a wonderful host all these years. You, though, you would have been a much better pick! Your spirit is old, it has seen many rings, much more than most of the Fae alive today. If only I had found you when I was picking my way through the others in the past years. Such power you have, its magnificent! How you kept it hidden all these years from most eyes, its truly incredible." "You...why are you back?!" Jaeir called out to the entity, channeling his voice through the earth and sky. The voice chuckled. "Soon, old friend, soon..." " You are no friend, you are nothing to me, and soon you will be nothing to anyone or anything!" Jaeir's eyes shot open, and the spiraling clouds that funneled into a swirling mass of energy above the encased Fae exploded, and the icy dome that covered the mountains, that had locked the companions inside and contained the storm, shattered with the force. The winds sang as they carried the air that was outside with them. The ice began to creep along further now, crawling up new rock walls and trees. Rivers began to freeze and the clouds began to spread further across the skies, turning Butcherblock into night. The pieces of the dome flew through the air. The smaller pieces shredded small plants and tops of trees, while the larger fragments crushed anything they came into contact with. The swirling ice that encased Jaeir shattered with tremendous force, propelling anything around it into the air, or sending it flying into the mountain walls. A glowing Fae stood there hovering and radiating a white light, so intense that it burned just to look in a general direction of him. The storm was free.
  6. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu dodged the debris which flew towards her. She winced as tiny shards of rock and ice caught her off guard. "Jaeir!" she called. She could sense something was wrong. She focused and was able to brace herself as a strong force tried to push her off her feet. She managed to remain on her feet although she was pushed back. She twirled her staff to deflect the shards of ice.Taking a deep breath she turned her head as the male fae began to radiate. "Possession," her mind whispered. "Jaeir!" she called again "Can you hear me? You need to focus and control this!"
    She bit her lip. "Kaki or Thistlepuff one of you, when y'all get to the docks send a letter to Carl Flamefist, say you are writing on behalf of me and we require his expertise." if she was right she did not want to alert the being that had possessed Thistlepuff and now seemed to be in the process of attempting to possess Jaeir that she was contacting an expert in possession. She would have contacted her uncle personally but the meditation method would leave her too vulnerable in the middle of the storm. Hopefully he would be willing to help. Then again if he wasn't she had an idea of how to convince her uncle but she didn't want to use it. "Jaeir, Focus!" she shouted.
  7. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff rose to her feet. She looked at each of the companions in turn. Once more the fae's eyes glowed that chilling blue as she ascended above them all within the blue nimbus. Within each of the companions minds they heard her voice. But, it was strange, a voice within a voice. A double voice. A mixture of the old voice and Thistlepuff's. "WE ARE ONE, WE ARE NOW JOINED" To each companion she spoke.. "KYRIU, PERFECT BLEND OF BOTH IN AN IMPERFECT WORLD, MAY YOU FIND WHAT YOU SEEK IN THE TIME THIS WORLD HAS LEFT" To Kaki, "KAKI, BRAVE AND BOLD YET UNSURE IN EACH, YOU WILL NEED BOTH IN THE TRIALS AHEAD." Finally to Jaeir, "JAEIR, POWERFUL YET HESITANT TO FULLY USE THE POWER GIVEN TO YOU, THERE WILL COME A CHOICE BUT THERE WILL BE A COST." To each now, "I LEAVE YOU NOW, TO CHANGE THIS IMPERFECT WORLD TO WHAT IT WILL BECOME, TO FIX THIS BROKEN WORLD INTO MY NEW PARADISE. YOU HAVE A CHOICE, BUT IN MAKING THAT CHOICE, EACH OF YOU WILL LOSE THAT WHICH IS MOST PRECIOUS TO YOU." "SEEK ME IN THE PLACE THAT IS NO MORE." "I WILL AWAIT YOUR ANSWER THERE." Brilliant light filled the air, causing each companion to shield their faces from that brilliance. The light faded and with it Thistlepuff faded and disappeared from their sight.
  8. Bint and Teekie Member

Kaki could only watch as Thistlepuff rose up into the air and suddenly dissapeared in a shimmering light ... that was unexpected. Although saying something like that after everything that's happened today is kinda meaningless. There's no sign of it ending anytime soon either. Though what Thistlepuff said confused him. Trials ahead? Whatever they are, he hoped they wouldn't come anytime soon, yet it's safer to assume they'll appear sooner than not. To make Skvee--

Something suddenly hits Kaki in the head, bringing him back to the present. He momentarily lost his footing, but managed to regain his balance a second later. He touched the wounded area and found some blood. Not much thankfully. However there were more pressing matters to attend to than a small wound. Thistlepuff had dissapeared. Jaeir is seemingly surging like Thistlepuff did earlier, if not even more violently than she did. Kyriu is probably trying to do something to Jaeir, though it's a bit hard to tell with Monks. Is she thinking of turning into a garden Gnome ... er, garden Half-Elf again in the middle of this hostile storm?

The docks could wait for a moment longer. Kaki ran over to where Kyriu was standing, thankfully not slipping on anything this time, standing beside her.

"Thistlepuff's gone!" Kaki told Kyriu, making sure he's heard through the raging storm. "Gone, poof! Not much I could do abouts it, sadly." He then glanced at Jaeir. "What do you suggests we do about our other Fae? Are you going to use your Monk powers on him too?" he asked her.
  9. Trivursar Active Member

"No, she's not." The Fae's voice shattered the air in the mountains, causing everything to tremble. The storm clouds seemed to heed a silent calling, creeping slowly back towards the source, that being Jaeir. The ground began to shake less violently and anything frozen began to thaw, slowly. The lightning struck less frequently and the light surrounding the Fury faded to a shimmering glow. Color began to be restored to the Fae, back to his natural icy black wings and frosty pale skin, causing his midnight -black eyes to be all the more prominent. Shortly after, most of the storm had died down. All the remained of it was a violently shaking sphere that hovered in front of the fury, and a breeze with a few flecks of snow here and there. He looked around at the devastation, wishing it wasn't for nothing, now that Thistlepuff had vanished. He held his hand over the sphere and looked at the companions. "It wants the full force of my power, it'll get it..." He tapped the edge of the sphere, and it spun rapidly before vanishing, leaving behind a thin black cloud that dissipated in the wind. He sighed, looking around.

" I'm no better than that thing that took control over her. This place is about as bad as..." Jaeir paused, his eyes widened and flashed his signature sparks, " that's it! She is at the ruins of the city. 'Seek me in the place that is no more', the voice wasn't her's, it was the entities. Its waiting for us there!" His eyes narrowed. "We have to move quickly...I the struggle to try and save the city from its demise, I still managed to rip the entity from its mortal bonds, causing it to flee and find a new host. It may be possible that it is trying to free itself once more, and if it is, then that's the place to do it."

Jaeir looked around again, at the rubble and wreckage of the land. He turned away, and held out his arms. In one grand swooping motion, a massive gust of wind followed his arms and cleared a rather large area on the ground of all the rubble and aftermath of the storm. He then lifted off of the ground, and held out his hand. Lightning shot at the ground, striking in specific spots, and weaving a glowing mesh of rings when he finished. He took off the sheathed weapon at his side, and removed the black silken bindings, revealing a sword.

It was beautiful. The blade was elegant, polished so masterfully that it left the blade a glowing, reflective silver. Stunning jewels adorned the blade, with elaborate etchings that seemed to fade in and out along the hilt and pommel, sometimes glowing and shifting locations. Bright lightning danced along the edges of the blade, and underneath the reflective surfaces of it as well. Jaeir ran a finder along the back edge of the sword, letting a sincere smile slip through as he did. He glanced back at his companions and grinned. "Have you ever traveled by lightning before?"
  10. Iksaress Member

The female Iksar grunted as she stepped down the stairs, intending on heading towards the dock (having just come from moving down the mountainside). She looked around briefly and shivered violently, as the storm's rather rough winds were a bit cold on her face and hands.. Though luckily she was wearing a black silk robe, so for the most part, she was warm. Old as she seemed however, she was blown around a bit rather easily. She coughed a few times and sighed, shaking her head. "Weather was perfectly fine earlier, dear.." she murmured raspily, petting the crow idly that was resting on her shoulder.

She was an old Iksar, certainly, hunched over a little bit and using a cane to aid in her walking. Her vision was somewhat failing, as evidenced by the white clouding in the pupils. She stepped down the final little slope and grunted as she stepped onto the docks, briefly recoiling as the wind became a bit stronger due to the storm. Once accustomed, she went back to normal position and looked around. "Nnrgh.... What're brats doing these days?" she asked with a grumble. The crow on her shoulder flew away for a little while and a skeleton raised out of the ground behind her to keep her protected.

Xhaezzirva (her name) looked around again to see who was all here. However she didn't get much of a chance to when someone barreled past her, knocking her in her side.

"Sorry! 'scue me~!" the kerra (NPC) said, pushing her out of his way and scampering up the stone slope again, while Xhaezzirva was left to stumble and fall to the ground. "Rude brat!" the Iksar cursed in frustration as she now reached for the cane again, which was nearby.

[[ Go figure. My Iksar had bad luck like that x.x Funny; that's actuually how one of my Iksar characters was introduced even in ingame RP too. XD ]]
    Dorofei and Dulcenia like this.
  11. Brienae Active Member

“Each of you will lose what is most precious to you...” that part rang in Kyriu's mind. She tried to think what it meant. She had lost her parents already. Her staff? No that couldn't be it. Her staff meant a lot to her but she could always make a new one. Nothing came to her mind. She was Monk and did not hav many possessions. As the storm calmed Kyriu shook her head “No, and it's not magic. I projected my mind into Thistepuff's.” she bit her lip “You might have something with the ruins. Clearly we are dealing with something not from this plane. One of my uncles is a bit of an expert in such things. I think we should consult him on this... and he might come with us. I don't know. He's at my family's dojo in Kelethin. Actually I can contact him using that same technique I used to reach Thistlepuff.” she sighed “As for travling by lightning no I haven't. Is it anything like traveling via the duid rings or the wizard spire?” “I inherited something from my mother... fast travel such as portals makes me ill. It's not that bad but it gets worse the more I travel through portals.” she blushed. she glanced around and saw the elderly Iksar almost be knocked over by a Kerra. She dashed over “Are you alright?” she asked as she held out a steadying hand to the Iksar.
  12. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff slowly opened her eyes. The world now seemed... odd. Somehow.. wrong. As she rose and looked around her, the landscape shifted though the ground stayed still. Colors blurred and changed spectrum. And the air.. the air itself was... well, just wrong. She looked behind her and rising above her into vastness was a tower, with but a single door sealed in stone. There was the sound of children laughing, but no one was in sight. She floated over to a pool of crystalline water to wash her face, but paused as she saw her reflection. Gone were the bright cheerful yellow eyes, replaced by glowing blue ones. She drew back in fear for a moment, then calmness came back. A grating sound came from behind her, and as she spun around the sealed stone door of the tower slowly turned on its center pivot and opened. A voice came from within. "COME, CHILD. OUR DESTINY AWAITS." Thistlepuff smiled, but there was no warmth in it as she preceded to enter the tower.
  13. Trivursar Active Member

"No, not even close" said Jaeir. "It's much more...efficient, as it doesn't pull energy from the surrounding lands like the Ulteran Spires do or the Druid Rings. This simply distributes it to another location. At lightning speeds. It doesn't displace your life essence through time and space, yet instead, it just moves it quite rapidly to another location. It doesn't have the reach that the Natural or Arcane energies do, and as such, its limit is restricted to which ever realm you happen to call upon. I cannot reach the Overlands, Ethernere, or any of the sorts. Simply places that are still on this land." As he was explaining this to the companions, he caught glimpse of a bat flying around. "Odd" he thought to himself, "bats don't usually travel this far below the mountains, especially in daylight...." Jaeir's eyes flicked open as he remembered his business that he had need to attend to. "I will be right back. Before we leave, I still have that business to take care of first. As that was the whole reason I'm here in the first place." He placed his hand on the ground, and a bright pulsing wave coursed down from his arm and into the ground, causing a decent sized chunk of the earth to rumble before ejecting a large bolt of lightning back into his hands. "This is how you travel by lightning." He spun the energy around in his hands a few times before tossing it into the air. The bolt jumped from his hands and disappeared into the sky, before shooting back down as a much larger spray of lightning, striking Jaeir and, essentially, absorbing him into the lightning itself. A charred black spot marked the ground where he had once stood. Nearby lay the bat, now dead and slightly charred as well.

The lightning grounded itself deep into the mountains, in a small clearing, shrouded by thick mist and deep shade from the mountains. The sun never reaches these parts, as the mountains are so high, and the altitude lets the mists collect. It was an eerie place to behold, but beautiful. Nature grew peacefully here, untouched by mankind. Looking up, you can see the sunlight dashing across the tops of the mountains, piercing the wisps of mist that happened to float upwards. In the clearing itself, plant life that required no sunlight thrived. Moonflowers, Shadeblooms, Nightthistle, Darkvines, and all manners of nocturnal and lightless plants grew untamed. The Moonflowers cast their own pale light throughout the small field, illuminating the mist to a dim and pale blue. The plant life was not the only thing that took solace here, and many wildlife had taken residency as well. It was a sight to behold, and Jaeir wished that his friends could see it too. Maybe sometime they could.

"While I do enjoy the beauty of this place, if you had hoped this would distract me, then you have become foolish over the years." Jaeir turned to face a shadowy figure, cloaked in the mist and shadow cast by one of the mountain peaks. The figure emerged, and smiled a grim smile. "No, not in the slightest, Jaeir. While I may be infamous for my dealings and actions, I as well, still enjoy beauty. Norrath has taken much from me, and while I have done my reaping of the lands to obtain what is mine, the joys of knowing unending beauty elude me even to this day."

"Mayong, you know why I am here. I have no desire to hear you complain. You have something of mine, and I have come to retrieve it. Long ago, you had your minions steal something from my ancestors long ago. An amulet, forged in the hearts of Everfrost and Lavastorm, steeped in the magical waters of the Faydark, and blessed by the gods of old on the mountain peaks of Kunark. The power it holds is unfathomable, and only the Tears of Veeshan themselves can surpass it. My family line had gone through great length to obtain it, hoping to use it to protect the very lands they held dear to their hearts. I want it back."

"Now, now young Fae. You should know better than to demand something from me. Or do you forget our last encounter..? I believe you paid dearly for trying to steal from me. Poor Lysaan, quite the skillful Fae herself. A shame she had to pay the price of your ignorance."

Jaeirs eyes narrowed, and his hands began to glow. "You pride yourself on your reach across Norrath, on your power that you hold. You haven't any idea as to what real power is. Lysaan had nothing to do with it, and you killed her out of sheer entertainment. Our last encounter will have a much different outcome this time." Clouds began to encircle the open sky above the clearing. "Now, hand it over, or I'll turn you into dust..." Jaeir growled, and the sky did the same, causing the land to shake in tandem. He saw the eyes of Mayong widen with surprise. "How did a Fae like you become the embodiment of Tunare and Karana?! How did this escape my knowledge?!" He glared at the Fae, lightning crackling in his eyes."

Mayong's expression grew from shock to fury. "You knew...you knew that I was unaware of your encounter with them. Oh you foolish bug! YOU DARE TRY TO STEAL FROM ME?!" His face darkened and his eyes began to glow silver.

"Last shot Mayong. Try something, I dare you..." Jaeir chuckled, and the sky rumbled, as if it was laughing as well.
  14. Iksaress Member

[[ Changing Xhae's name to something else.. Ehh, will use Ssalizzera instead. Xhaezzirva, will be a completely different character ]]

Ssalizzera sighed and brushed herself free from dirt from when she had tumbled. She took hold of her cane nearby and then glanced up, gazing at Brienae with an expression of pleasant surprise. "I.." she didn't speak at first, taking the offered hand and carefully standing up. She sighed quietly and shook her head, giving a sad smile.

"Well it's certainly pleasant that at least some of today's youth knows their manners, is polite and courteous.." she nodded at Brienae. "Thank you dear.." She looked around for a moment and cleared her throat. "...Despite having retired for the most part.." she started. "It seems my studies into Necromancy have already taken their toll." she rasped tiredly. She pointed at the skeletal orc garbed in plate armor. "Don't mind the skeleton... He protects me, and I speak through him ever since I lost my voice.." Brienae would then likely notice the skeleton's jaw bone clacking a bit, moving up and down in sync with the actual speech while the Iksar's mouth remained unmoving.

"What's your name, young girl?" the lich asked quietly. A cluster of flowers in a nearby pot quickly seemed to whither, and the Iksar seemed to have a very nauseous aura surrounding her.
  15. Brienae Active Member

“I'm Kyriu Flamefist,” Kyriu answered “This is Kaki,” she said pointing at the silent Ratonga, “And the Fae who just vanished into the lightning was Jaeir.” she said clenching her fists. Why was everyone leaving her behind? She sighed “Well I guess that leaves the three of us to rescue Thistlepuff.” she paused and turned back to the Iksar “A friend of ours was taken by a strang entity. We have to find her. All we know is she somewhere in ruins and it will require a sacrifice of our most prized possession.” she shrugged “I don't have many possessions, but one of my uncles might be able to help us. If you are willing we would appreciate your aid as well um... what did you say your name?.” she turned to Kaki “I am going to contact my Uncle Carl using the method I used earlier to reach Thistlepuff. Can I rely on you to protect me?”
  16. Anamathae Member

The flames at the Butcherblock Docks had finally been put out. The surrounding buildings were now charred remains of their former selves although few remained intact. The wounded had been treated and life slowly was returning to normal. Amazingly no one had perished in the flames thanks to the rain that has fallen and had extinguished the fires. The inhabitants of the region had seen many people come and go via the docks. So although shocking, the events that had taken place were almost but not quite a normal occurrence. While the trio stood there assessing the damage and what course of action to take, there was a parting of the crowd and a female dwarf with a face like that of a thundercloud stumped up to them. "Oi! Who's the one responsible for t'is mess and who's going tae pay fer the damages!" The dwarf eyed the three expectantly. The rest of the crowd emboldened by the dwarf's courage started inching forward and muttering the same question.
  17. Trivursar Active Member

(On Bint's behalf, through the eyes of an onlooker at the docks)

A dock worker noticed the small group of companions split up as a ratonga followed behind a half elf. As the elf mentioned something to her friend, he nodded, touching his paw to the pommel of his blade, ready for anything that may come.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaeir was ready for the rush made by Mayong. He clenched his fists and the earth split, releasing a rather fluid earth spike that grasped at the Vampire Lord. As it took the shape of the Fae's gloved hand, it seemed to mimic his very movements. "It seems that you are the one who plays the part of the fool today, Mayong. The proximity alone of that amulet enhanced my powers tenfold. Not only do I gain even more abilities over the elements, it allows me full reign over the elements that aren't usually gifted to druids, and are even out of reach the Gods that imbued me with their very being. You lose." The fae walked over to the struggling vampire, plucked a small pouch from his waist and dumped out the contents into his palm. The amulet was dazzling. The 'chain' was made of earth. Not common topsoil, but of the very core itself. Harvested from The Underfoot Depths, it was a glowing gold fluid that was incredibly hard to the touch. The claw of the pendant was made from frozen air, it was almost clear, but had a slightly blue sheen to it when it hit the light. The jewel itself was breathtaking. Forged from the core of a fallen star, and surrounded by a single drop of magma from the heart of Solusek's eye, the lava almost seemed frozen, as it was smelted on top of a blessed pedestal in the center of Everfrost, deep underground in a cave. The gem was blessed by the Old Gods of Fire and Earth, and E'Ci herself had blessed it to keep the lava from becoming fully liquid or frozen solid.

"Thank you, for returning what is rightfully mine. Should I ever see your face again, or your incompetent servants, I will end your life, as you seem to have overstayed your welcome on Norrath." Mayong scoweled as the Fae turned around. "Our dealing are at an end, bug." The Vampire Lord vanished in a puff of smoke as the earthen claw faded back to where it came. Jaeir blasted the ground with his palm, and vanished in a flash of lightning, back towards the docks.

~~~~~~~~~~

"It was dem, dey were da ones barshin' each other up in da mountains, spreadin dis mess down to us!" an angry Ogre passerby pointed to the cluster of companions. They began to encircle the group, and even Kyriu and Kaki, who were about to separate so she could try and reach her uncle. Not long after, thunder began to rumble as lightning struck the stone ground of the docks, blinding anyone who was looking in the general direction. "Is there some sort of an issue here?" Jaeir stood between his companions and the angry mob. "Who might you be, bug?" a rather tall barbarian, even for barbarian standards, peered down at Jaeir. "I am Jaeir, and these are my compaions. Who are you?" "Hahahah, you think yourself in a position to be asking questions?! I oughta smash you right here. " Hmm, you're right...I'm in no position to do so." Jaeir, now with the amulet around his neck, turned his hand upwards, and opened his palm. The earth below the barbarian didn't delay, and the stone split before reforming around the barbarian, who was now shoulder deep in the dock platform. "Now, this is a much better position." He looked around at the now surprised crowd that gawked at the Fae. "I know you're angry at the destruction of the docks, and the upper mountains. I know homes have been destroyed," Jaeir looked around at the frightened children that were being catered to by their parents, " and I apologize for it. One of our friends has gone missing, and she was part of the reason for this destruction. I cannot turn time back, and return what was lost. If I hadn't done what I did, these docks wouldn't even be standing. The mountains, they wouldn't be there, and neither would any of you." The residents and worked of the Butcherblock Mountains looked around, almost thankful that they were still there. "This should help to fix the damage and hire workers to rebuild, both here and in the mountain tops." He took a pouch off from his belt, and spilled dozens of platinum coins onto the ground before returning it to his hip. "Now, leave us. We have to find our friend, or the docks won't be the only place that was hit..." Jaeir turned to his huddled companions, a new gleam in his eyes. Sparks jumped like usual, but this time, so did other fragments of elements. "Now then, where were we, and, who might you be?" He looked at the old Iksar woman, who seemed to radiate a noxious cloud. Jaeir stared intently, examining the death-wrought Iksar and her pet. The flowerpot next to the companions bloomed again, sparkling with radiating life.
  18. Iksaress Member

Ssalizzera looked around briefly at the people indicated by Kyriu and gave a nod, her wrinkled features curling into a gentle, warm smile. "Well it's certainly nice to meet you and your friends, dearie.." she sighed softly. "My name is Ssalizzera. Ssalizzera Bonescale, young lady." she replied raspily, giving a sigh. She stood with a straightened back and gave a rattling sigh, coughing a few times. "I'm willing to offer my magic to help, if you wish." she said, still speaking through the skeleton.
    "I specialize in summoning, as opposed to direct disease spells." she stated. "So in some comparison, I'm a bit sturdier than some other necromancers." she stated proudly.

"And well.. I STILL am a lich.. Can't exactly die unless my phylactery can be foun-.." she scratched at her frills. "Now that I think about it, I can't even remember where I put the darn thing.." she trailed off, digressing into seemingly her own conversation as she turned away in thought. "Where did I put it? Hmn..<mumbled, mumbled> Not in the house..." she mumbled, shaking her head dismissively.

When she heard the new voice, her frilliks twitched to attention and she turned around again to face Jaeir. She could sense the aura around him somewhat, which made her grimace and take a wary step back. She responded to him quietly, again, the skeleton's mouth moving and not her's. "My name is Ssalizzera Bonescale. Lich, and retired necromancer. And currently, still one Bertoxxulous' chosen." she replied proudly.

[[ Oh gosh, I just realized.. Jaeir and Ssali are pretty much like complete opposites, aren't they? XD ]]
  19. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu took in the situation but her mind focused on the Necromancer and the Fury. "Wonderful" she rolled her eyes "I don't really care, however if you betray us I know Tetriemmy Windfoot personally. I'm sure you've heard of her." she glanced at Jaeir "Of course I can't speak for Jaeir." she sighed "Do me a favor, don't kill each other while I communicate with my uncle." she warily watched the mob "This wasn't our fault," she explained "but we will fix it, you have my word. Just give me a moment to... meditate, " she knelt on the docks and began to meditate. She focused on her Uncle Carl.
    ~~~~~
    She looked around the mindscape. It was a small room with torn furniture and mats.
    "You contacted me, what is it you want kid?" a gruff voice said as a red haired man materialized in the room. His hair was short and a scruff of red covered his chin.
    "I think a friend of mine was possessed," Kyriu answered.
    Carl sighed "So you thought I'll consult my uncle who has been possessed twice," he snorted "Are you safe where you are?"
    "Well... hopefully... I mean there is kind of a mob, but..."
    "No you are not safe!" he snapped "Where are you... I'll meet you there."
    "Butcherblock docks," Kyriu answered "however Thistlepuff vanished, she's the one I think is possessed."
    "Fine, let's see how well Tim's contraption works in the outside world. I'm willing to help... are you going to be okay working with me?" Carl spoke, his eyes studying the Half-Elf.
    "I don't know," Kyriu answered after much hesitation.
    "Honest answer. I'll be there soon. Wake up before you get yourself killed." Carl snapped.
    ~~~~~
    Kyriu opened her eyes on the docks "I have someone coming who will be able to help us." she said as she stood.
    A few minutes later a red haired human appeared next to the bell. He was sitting in a chair with large wooden wheels. He rolled over to Kyriu and studied the group closely while Kyriu spoke "This is my Uncle Carl, he's an expert in possession. I think he can help us find Thistlepuff."
    Carl nodded "Tell me everything that happened," he warily eyed the mob "did you cause the mob?"
    "Kind of..." Kyriu muttered.
    "And the fires?" he shook his head "someone start at the beginning."
  20. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff entered the tower from which the voice had come. The tower itself was not hollow, more of a solid structure with a stone staircase winding it's way up. As she climbed the stairs and entered the floor above, she noticed the air was cooler as she went higher. The room itself was barren and empty. But yet, there was something here. As she crossed the floor to the center of the room, the voice again spoke. "WELCOME CHILD, WELCOME TO THE BEGINNING AND THE END. OF WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND OF WHAT IS YET TO COME. I AM THE NOTHING, THE NAMELESS ONE, THE ONE WHO WILL BRING YOU INTO YOUR DESTINY." Thistlepuff glanced around the room, "Where am I? What happened to my friends?" She crouched and sitting down she huddled with her arms wrapped around her knees. "Did I? I mean did we hurt anyone?" She felt something brush her cheek and with a chuckle the voice continued. "NO CHILD, BUT WHAT MATTER IS IT IF WE HAD? THIS WORLD IS WRONG, IT IS UNBALANCED AND NEEDS TO BE MADE RIGHT. YOU AND I WILL DO THAT IN TIME.."